The "Favourite Bugs" game

LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
Now that the developers are in the final run to release and are aiming to squash the worst bugs, I feel the community could help by pointing out longstanding bugs that may not have received quite as much attention as the stuff that's cropped up in the mad rush for feature completion.

However, we need to present as clean a list as possible, so it's important that any bugs you nominate are not already on the Trello Release Bugfixing page or the Playtesting page. (You can filter the cards using the menu on the right).

I personally would like to nominate the Scanner Room menu bug (you can't scroll through the list of available resources).

Comments

• cdaragorncdaragorn Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212685Members
    I'd like to nominate the Scanner Room resources to select bug. It doesn't show all resources consistently, and misses resources that are within scan range.
  • LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
    cdaragorn wrote: »
    I'd like to nominate the Scanner Room resources to select bug. It doesn't show all resources consistently, and misses resources that are within scan range.

Are you sure it's not the same bug, and it's only showing resources that start with the first letters of the alphabet and then running out of room?
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Crewman87 wrote: »
    Getting Coral Samples is still broken, well over a year. While cutting them off of the walls, it will sometimes bug out and not let you harvest them without reloading your game.

I thought I saw a Trello entry about a bug that occurs after you have harvested 20 or something. I wonder if that's what is happening here.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    If you make your HUD, UI, hands and items disappear by pressing F6 a few times, and you're holding a seamoth in your hands, the holographic map on the top of it will still show. It should disappear with your seamoth, but it doesn't.

Just a little thing that annoys me.
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    The scanner room scanning for metal salvage is broken. just do a whole pass on the scanner room.
    Recursion wrote: »
    The scanner room scanning for metal salvage is broken. just do a whole pass on the scanner room.

I think it helps to be specific at this stage of the release process. If you can reproduce it and F8 it with enough detail, it's more likely to get picked up by the guys who go through the feedback stream.
    OK, so I actually found a Trello card for the Scanner Room bug, it's filed away under To Do for this release rather than as a bug.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Lulzes wrote: »
    OK, so I actually found a Trello card for the Scanner Room bug, it's filed away under To Do for this release rather than as a bug.

Very nice find! Thanks for looking for it and posting when you found it!

I have no idea how hard it will be to double the size of the list as suggested in the Trello card. I'll keep my fingers crossed they find the time to work on it. That may be more likely now that it seems they are making the Scanner Room fragments available much closer to the starting area than before. (I *thought* I found the three fragments in or near the Safe Shallows in my new game started this weekend (experimental)).
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited August 2017

Ah. Now that I see it, that's been in Trello since .. February.
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    edited August 2017

I think it helps to be specific at this stage of the release process. If you can reproduce it and F8 it with enough detail, it's more likely to get picked up by the guys who go through the feedback stream.

OK, sorry, what happens is the scanner room does not scan for metal salvage, but says many parts of my base are metal salvage.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    edited August 2017
    The spider things in the floating underwater islands fall out via the tunnels - they need to be replaced with spiders that don't jump I suppose (or be kept on a tighter leash)?

Also - anyone else find it odd that there is a geothermal vent on a floating island? Just sayin...
    Avimimus wrote: »
    The spider things in the floating underwater islands fall out via the tunnels - they need to be replaced with spiders that don't jump I suppose (or be kept on a tighter leash)?

Also - anyone else find it odd that there is a geothermal vent on a floating island? Just sayin...

I'm glad they fall out, hate those little buggers. Nice place to build a base on the biggest island. As for the vents, yeah...
  • donotwantdonotwant Victoria BC Join Date: 2017-08-15 Member: 232432Members
    VR bug: using the fabricator is a PAIN IN THE NECK.. literally.

Say I am refining metal scrap into titanium, something done very frequently... Because the 'cursor' is moved by where my face is pointing, I have to crane my neck upwards to build the resource... this isn't really THAT bad, but the real bug comes into play when I craft something:

the 'base' of the crafting menu will appear wherever my cursor is pointing, so if I am already looking up, build something, and then the menu reappears after crafting basically requiring me to look up even higher.

WTH devs, I am not an owl.

Is there much feedback on playing this in VR? I have a ton I want to say and since this is a new account I cant post my own thread today.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    No one said Shuttlebug yet? Aww. Disappointed. :(
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Fathom wrote: »

And so mysterious ... I still don't know what they do or should do ... but I love them ...

Then there is this long going bug of the habitat ladders or moonpool not being able to rotate ... it's so simple to implement, so the devs might have just forgotten it ...

An old friend of mine is the now very rare but still existing walking-in-the-water-bug ... now with the flavor of being permanent even after getting back to the inside ...

I should also mention the builder tool not being able to accept ion batteries ... at first I thought this was intentional, but then I guess the devs just forgot to fix it ...
  • cdaragorncdaragorn Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212685Members
    cdaragorn wrote: »

Are you sure it's not the same bug, and it's only showing resources that start with the first letters of the alphabet and then running out of room?

I suppose it could be that, but I doubt it. I've had plenty of times where it's only showing 4 or 5 resources in the list and still not showing resources I know are nearby. In some cases because I planted them there just to test it.
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    Related to the scanner room, specifically with metal salvage, it will detect "ghosts" of salvage that no longer exists, so I end up with a dozen signals in the middle of my base right by the fabber. It also detects metal that is in Seamoth storage, causing signals to flicker in and out of HUD, because they're constantly moving with you.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited August 2017
    I don't really know of many major bugs that the devs already know about, but there still are a few that annoy me that I want to mention:

The textures on some flat things are really messed up and seem to take up the entire polygon for some reason. Two examples I can think of are the:
    Spiked Horn Grass plant
    How it looks in-game:
    7ffjuuzvybtl.png
    How it's supposed to look:
    rfb7fw4q4w75.png
    and Furled Papyrus plant.
    How it looks in-game:
    a4fdlqzpk2wl.png
    3bkfkwv5cmr3.png

Some flat textures also have an issue where they don't appear from certain angles. Example:
    pqjwtgnp7oh0.png

Speaking of Shuttlebugs, for a while now the area around their eye has been see-through.
    ia5b18a9kk9a.png

OK, sorry, what happens is the scanner room does not scan for metal salvage, but says many parts of my base are metal salvage.

Yeah, I've had that too, the Cyclops seems to register a few pieces of salvage. Also, Creature eggs in Alien Contaiment show up and stuff in lockers.

However the only Trello card I can find that's similar is this one.

Is it one of these bugs? (Filter for "Jumper" as that used to be their name and it's still in the code I think).
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    I don't really know of many major bugs that the devs already know about, but there still are a few that annoy me that I want to mention:

The textures on some flat things are really messed up and seem to take up the entire polygon for some reason. Two examples I can think of are the:
    Spiked Horn Grass plant
    How it looks in-game:
    7ffjuuzvybtl.png
    rfb7fw4q4w75.png
    and Furled Papyrus plant.
    How it looks in-game:
    a4fdlqzpk2wl.png
    3bkfkwv5cmr3.png

Some flat textures also have an issue where they don't appear form certain angles. Example:
    pqjwtgnp7oh0.png

Speaking of Shuttlebugs, for a while now the area around their eye has been see-through.
    ia5b18a9kk9a.png

I've also seen a few fern-like corals in the Sparse Reef that have large black outlines.
    Crewman87 wrote: »
    Getting Coral Samples is still broken, well over a year. While cutting them off of the walls, it will sometimes bug out and not let you harvest them without reloading your game.

Good news, they are testing a fix for that. I've seen that bug on Trello for a while however.
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    I want to see the accursed disappearing docked seamoth pressure upgrade bug get fixed. I damage my seamoth when I start the game every single time I go to somewhere below 200m even though the upgrade to go to 900m is installed because of that bug. The torpedo arm occasionally destroying all prawn suit upgrade slots bug needs to be fixed as well.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members

I have been summoned...

BTW I will fight for the wrights of my people :cry:
    edited August 2017
    ssutcliffe wrote: »
    I want to see the accursed disappearing docked seamoth pressure upgrade bug get fixed. I damage my seamoth when I start the game every single time I go to somewhere below 200m even though the upgrade to go to 900m is installed because of that bug. The torpedo arm occasionally destroying all prawn suit upgrade slots bug needs to be fixed as well.

I was going to say "that's already being fixed" but it's actually been moved from Major Issue to Minor Issue, which is odd and a bit disturbing. That bug has almost cost me the Seamoth a couple of times, diving down to 900 and then loading up to find my Seamoth half-dead.
  • Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
    The yellow bushlike things in the sparse reef show a black box around themselves, also the bug of the Moons appearing in the sky. Small, but strange bugs.
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    The creature outline screwing up when scanning them
  • FalsonePlaysFalsonePlays Nauxes Join Date: 2017-05-27 Member: 230791Members
    The no-water glitch, in which you load up the game and all the water and fog is gone. Soooo annoying.
  • MuovipulloMuovipullo Join Date: 2017-03-24 Member: 229158Members
    I love it when Cyclops or Prawn clips inside the wall.