Remember states the player has chosen

LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
I'm talking about things like:

- Seamoth lights (on or off)
- Tool hotbar placement (1-5)
- Cyclops interior lights/speed setting

All of these things reset to a default rather than remembering the state the player left them in. Replace the power cell on your Seamoth? The lights come on, and unless you want to use it immediately, you have to turn them off again or you'll come back to a flat cell. Always keep your tools in a certain order? Well if you leave a slot free and save, the tools will re-arrange to fit the lower slots on reload.

Things like this are a niggle, I know, but it'd be nice to see player choice put first.

Comments

• Sam_StarfallSam_Starfall Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230665Members
    I think this topic could be renamed into a Quality of Life general-suggestion.
    I know several game who gained a lot from listing a tons of all little remark from the players.

Only rules is that it have to look like a minor details, not be a ADD AURORA-SIZED SUBMARINE king of suggestion.
  • LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
    I think this topic could be renamed into a Quality of Life general-suggestion.
    I know several game who gained a lot from listing a tons of all little remark from the players.

Only rules is that it have to look like a minor details, not be a ADD AURORA-SIZED SUBMARINE king of suggestion.

Problem is, some of these little ideas can be non-trivial to implement in the game engine. I guess that's why the devs have a system where they prioritize, sometimes it looks odd to the player ("that little thing is taking ages! They added all that stuff but this little bug is still not fixed!") but there are limitations they are aware of that we aren't.
  • Sam_StarfallSam_Starfall Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230665Members
    edited August 2017
    Preaching to the choir here, but players can guess what is trivial, everything you said for example was, just like was asking for a better management of signals and filterable beacons. None required incredible skills, the devs just needed to know what bothered player to solve a lot of hindrance at once without getting back forever to solve the next little things.

The ideal is to regroup everything at the same place. Sort of like a group brainstorming
    I guess a pure Quality-of-Life topic with a proper introduction would be more adapted. Truth I think the devs already now a lot of those and are just doing them as fast as they can. So maybe it would be superfluous now.
    You're right, it does sound like a good idea, I'm pretty sure while the devs have their own priorities and systems a bit of player feedback might help them filter down better.
    Also, another state to remember: Seamoth Sonar/Defense enabled/disabled. Currently, you have to manually enable these each time you enter the Seamoth.
  • SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    I'd be thrilled if the Seamoth remembered the pressure compensator was installed just like the PRAWN and Cyclops do. I'm tired of having to exit real quick to pull the module and reinstall it while hoping I don't accidentally drop it.
    I'd be thrilled if the Seamoth remembered the pressure compensator was installed just like the PRAWN and Cyclops do. I'm tired of having to exit real quick to pull the module and reinstall it while hoping I don't accidentally drop it.

That bug has (hopefully) been squashed in the latest Experimental. Worked for me.
  • EkUlEkUl Germany Join Date: 2017-05-03 Member: 230214Members
    Agree to all of your points. I mean, these issues are no real problems, but it "disturb" the game atmosphere a bit.