What do you want to see post 1.0?

Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
There's been talk of an expansion pack after 1.0 is released. What do you guys want to see most then?

Comments

• gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    edited August 2017
    There are actually two expansion packs I want to see for this game.

The first one is more of a traditional expansion pack. In this one, I would like to see some new story (could easily be a parallel side story kind of how the Degasi stuff is right now) with new areas to explore, new flora and fauna, a new vehicle and equipment specifically tailored for exploring the new areas (but can still be used effectively in the existing ones), and maybe even a new game system that ties in with the additional story to add some new gameplay. In other words, a little bit of all the options mentioned. I would like to see this added as an extension to the existing game world rather than as a separate game mode.

A second expansion would be something like a Developer's Cut. For this one, I would want to see the devs rebuild the core Subnautica experience to be much closer to their original vision for the game before they had to start cutting a bunch of things out to get things done in time for release. Ideally, everything that had to be cut out due to lack of time/budget would be finished and added in as a new game mode. On the main menu, you could choose to play Subnautica Classic, or Subnautica Developer's Cut.
  • Sam_StarfallSam_Starfall Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230665Members
    I want to see the developers ignores the polls (including the one I created) and get on with their own analysis to go with whatever give the most time/cost effective improvement.
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    I want a story expansion and more biomes/plants/fuana
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    edited August 2017
    garath wrote: »
    Bug Fixes.

Bug fixes will most likely be fixed before 1.0
    edited August 2017
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    garath wrote: »
    Bug Fixes.

Bug fixes will most likely be fixed before 1.0

All software has bugs. ALL. Regardless of version. ALL.

No matter what, the devs will ultimately come up with a date for the 1.0 release and will base the release date upon:

"Acceptable number of bugs for release"

Some of those bugs will be hard to reproduce for the vast majority of hardware that will run the game. Other bugs will be easily reproducible on all hardware but will be deemed acceptable bugs for release, etc, etc.

Edit: Hopefully after the 1.0 release, the game will be running on 10x as many machines as it is now. With the game running on so many machines:

1. New bugs will appear, and
    2. Older bugs may now be prevalent on a larger number of machines--thus requiring the DEVS to fix those long standing bugs that occurred rarely enough that it wasn't worth fixing before.
  • Droid8AppleDroid8Apple USA Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219595Members
    I, for one, would love to see smooth game play for the first time ever. Especially considering I have a GTX-1070 and i7-7700k. I've gone through 3 different PC builds since owning this game and they were all upgrades, yet this game still runs like garbage and frame drops from 145 FPS down to literal 0-1 for about 30 seconds while it tries to remember what it's supposed to be doing.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    edited August 2017
    I, for one, would love to see smooth game play for the first time ever. Especially considering I have a GTX-1070 and i7-7700k. I've gone through 3 different PC builds since owning this game and they were all upgrades, yet this game still runs like garbage and frame drops from 145 FPS down to literal 0-1 for about 30 seconds while it tries to remember what it's supposed to be doing.

Not to be that one guy, but have you tried clearing your cache? Seems like you've tried everything but the kitchen sink but it's worth a shot.

Here's a link to instructions:
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/146057/an-updated-cache-clearing-guide-v3-fix-crashes-lag-stuttering-and-fix-saves-that-dont-update/p1
  • BurningBlizzardBurningBlizzard Join Date: 2017-08-06 Member: 232261Members
    Could We see more torpedoes plz that would make that game more interesting as there would be more ways to defend yourself and maybe more vehicle upgrades. Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!! :) : ) : ) :):):):):):):):):):)

[/quote]

Home page for the game says they hired some new developers to focus only on performance. Wow! and double wow!!

I'm pretty excited for at least two reasons:

1. The game is selling so well that they have they money to spend on additional programmers.
    2. They are working on improving performance!!

Hurray!

• AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Persistent survival gameplay:
    - Weather to damage bases near the surface (and change distributions of threats and availability of resources).
    - Possibly have creatures attack deep water bases
    - Possibly have precursor crab robots harrass you if you have precursor tech (e.g. ion batteries).
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    I want more light improvements. Such as allowing us to aim our spotlights, and even change their color. Same for interior lights, I want to be able to edit that as well.

Other than that, Anything to continue adding to the games experience. It may be coming to v1.0 but I will spend more money if you keep releasing the content. Subnautica is such a unique survival game that stands out from the others, and it's beautiful. (Well okay scary as hell too sometimes..)
  • SutremaineSutremaine Join Date: 2017-03-12 Member: 228860Members
    Weather would be awesome. If nothing else, it would add a little interest to the surface, but it could be a part of the 'persistent survival gameplay' Avimimus mentioned above. Right now, if you know what you're doing, you can immediately paddle along the surface to the north and south islands and not be bothered by a thing. Even if you don't know what you're doing, the surface is safe. I'm not suggesting fully random weather with the possibility of a typhoon on Day 1, but weather whose extremes get worse and worse as you get through the game. Perhaps it could be based on crafting, much like some of the comms messages. Made a MK2 Cyclops Hull Module? I'm sure you can handle a little turbulence by now.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    All of them. And further bug fixes and UI and system improvements.
  • LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members

Have you tried a recent Experimental build? Improved it a lot for my 1070.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    All of them, but fix the bugs first.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited August 2017
    All of the above.

Expect vehicles I'm fine with what we have now
  • NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members
    Its definetly what the game is best known for
  • MuovipulloMuovipullo Join Date: 2017-03-24 Member: 229158Members
    More creatures, biomes and plants. But of course also base parts, I mean I saw idea suggestion about 45 degree corridors.
    Weather system would also be nice, but it would game only adding rain and maybe thunder sometimes. Yeah, it would look really nice, but about 90% of Subnautica is underwater, where you don't see those weather effects.

New biomes also add possibility to expand story with new precursor bases etc.
  • SlimerickSlimerick CT Join Date: 2017-08-12 Member: 232385Members
    I'm skeptical at the prospect of a huge overhaul for weather. The amount of water in this game is huge and it looks great. I assume that already takes a lot of processing power and then them putting in an entire 'engine' for the water's constant reaction to what the weather is doing seems like it would be hard to successfully pull off. Or run. There maybe could be weather that doesn't interact with the sea, but I'm not sure how good that would look.

(I put engine in quotes because I'm 70% sure I have no idea what I'm talking about).

The idea for a new skybox is good and wouldn't be as difficult. Non-essential though. Mainly I'm all in on more fauna and base stuff. Whatever you can come up with lol. There's still some people hoping for that damn Arctic biome.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Forget the arctic, add the twisty bridges. WAY better than just some block of ice.
  • NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
    Even if it was an option you could chose for those with a beefy computer I would love to see weather. Not just rain, but weather that has an actual impact on the water (moving vehicles, damaging shallow bases, causing plant life to sway, and creatures hide in crevices, holes, and caves). I can also do science and say water cycle. I mean, the ENTIRE PLANET is covered in water. Science much?
    Could We see more torpedoes plz that would make that game more interesting as there would be more ways to defend yourself and maybe more vehicle upgrades. Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!! :) : ) : ) :):):):):):):):):):)
    Nobody uses that many smiles or exclamation marks. Then again... nobody points it out.
  • VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members
    I want to see the developers ignores the polls (including the one I created) and get on with their own analysis to go with whatever give the most time/cost effective improvement.

Come on. I knew there would be a comment like this. The devs need to know what WE want because at the end of the day, we are the ones who give them money. Polls can be a great tool to communicate our desires to the devs. Without us, the devs would be unemployed.