October 31st, 2017 ...

DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
It seems according to TRELLO that that is now going to be the Official Release Date for the PC - v1.0 game.

https://trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap

Also seems that December will be the Xbox version release date.

B)

Comments

• cutefishleviathancutefishleviathan United States Join Date: 2017-07-22 Member: 231975Members
  • NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
    edited August 2017
    Yeah... I doubt that the PC release will stay the same and Xbox is gonna get delayed by a month at least. Have you EVER waited for an update to release? There are always delays.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited August 2017
    That's entirely possible, but this is the first actual 'set' date, that They have released officially.
    B)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    UWE really likes that date :trollface:
  • XautosXautos Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232161Members
    Thank you Davey.

Anyway, i just plastered that detail on Steam forums. Good catch.

I also remember you from Star Trek Online forums, heh! small world.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    It seems according to TRELLO that that is now going to be the Official Release Date for the PC - v1.0 game.

https://trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap

Also seems that December will be the Xbox version release date.

B)

So wait wait wait...

Are you telling me... that my favorite underwater sandbox survival game is being officially released in all of its delicious glory... on the same day that Stranger Things: Volume 2 is being released on Netflix?? :open_mouth:

Okay, so after checking just now (like JUST now) it seems that while ST:S2 was originally billed to launch Oct 31, it's been pushed up to Oct 27 instead. So my two favorite things intersercting on one day and imploding the universe won't happen like I envisioned it would. :pensive:

BUT! This means I'll have binge-watched Season 2 and will be prepped for Subnautica with no distractions by the time it launches. :sunglasses:

maxresdefault.jpg

• ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Cant believe this journey is almost over :disappointed:

*plays depressing music*
  • gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    The devs have been planning for a release in September/October for quite awhile now (since they missed the initial release predictions for January/February), October 31st is the very last day in this window which makes perfect sense as a target date given how nearly everything in development seems to be taking significantly longer than anticipated.

Still, I won't be particularly surprised if even this date gets pushed back a bit due to unforeseen issues. I would prefer that to a broken 1.0 release that requires a massive hotfix just to be playable like too many other games have done.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    ShuttleBug wrote: »

*plays depressing music*

I'd play this as the countdown music instead yo o/

Along with the clearly inspired by Freestyler "dolphin sound"
    Speaking of, do we know yet how the Subnautica 1.0 release will be handled on Steam? I mean they have the prerelease version already on Steam, but that one has debug console codes and testing/detail windows not meant for a retail game release. There's also the development build watermark in the corner and the paltry three Achievements in our version. I'm thinking there will be a different version for everyone to download, with those of us who bought Early Access will have a code to get it discounted along with the early access gifts of the *Qutefish and the digital soundtrack. (*And before you ask, no that's not a typo... it's just a personal stance for preference really.) :tongue:

Kouji_San wrote: »

*plays depressing music*

I'd play this as the countdown music instead yo o/

Along with the clearly inspired by Freestyler "dolphin sound"

Didn't mean to sound too sad there :lol:

I'm very exited for the official release
    edited August 2017
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    Speaking of, do we know yet how the Subnautica 1.0 release will be handled on Steam? I mean they have the prerelease version already on Steam, but that one has debug console codes and testing/detail windows not meant for a retail game release. There's also the development build watermark in the corner and the paltry three Achievements in our version. I'm thinking there will be a different version for everyone to download, with those of us who bought Early Access will have a code to get it discounted along with the early access gifts of the *Qutefish and the digital soundtrack. (*And before you ask, no that's not a typo... it's just a personal stance for preference really.) :tongue:

Right now they have two branches, the official "release" version and the beta version. I assume they will simply keep it as such, maybe removing the build numbers and console set to be available as default.

It's quite simple actually, they just have to release a new version on the "release branch" and we get v1.0, as well as all other people who buy it after that. Perhaps they will keep the "beta branch" as well for development and future updates. Those perks and such are tied into your Steam account, also we don't have repurchase Subnautica as wel own a full license to the game

Going by NS2 v1.0 release, they did keep the build version in the corner. And, I mean... We are PC GAMERS, we deal with consoles and options all the time

Right now they have two branches, the official "release" version and the beta version. I assume they will simply keep it as such, maybe removing the build numbers and console set to be available as default.

It's quite simple actually, they just have to release a new version on the "release branch" and we get v1.0, as well as all other people who buy it after that. Perhaps they will keep the "beta branch" as well for development and future updates. Those perks and such are tied into your Steam account, also we don't have repurchase Subnautica as wel own a full license to the game

Going by NS2 v1.0 release, they did keep the build version in the corner. And, I mean... We are PC GAMERS, we deal with consoles and options all the time :D

I assume Xbone will follow the same process?
    edited August 2017

Going by NS2 v1.0 release, they did keep the build version in the corner. And, I mean... We are PC GAMERS, we deal with consoles and options all the time :D

I assume Xbone will follow the same process?

Pretty much yeah, except they don't have the "beta branch" that is actually only possible on Steam what with Microsoft being an asshat with their approval process for patches :o And the rest is indeed tied into your Xbox Live or Steam account (perks and extra toys)

It seems some people think they have to repurchase the game? You already own a license to the full game, tied into your Xbox Live or Steam account, so don't worry about that ;)
    edited August 2017
    Xautos wrote: »
    Thank you Davey.

Yeah, that's me...

They really pizzed me off over there with the whole "T-6 TOS Connie" in the exclusive lottery box debacle, so I moved on to greener pastures.
    I was there right from the beginning too.

(they've since sent me 4 freebie 'exclusives' to come back, but I just can't get around my disappointment)

Since in my opinion, STO became nothing but a money-grabbing pit.
    I've been spending my entertainment funds on other things.
    Such as SUBNAUTICA.

Anyway...

I'm really looking forward to v1.0, Oct. 22nd is my B-day so it'll be kind of a belated gift.

B)

Going by NS2 v1.0 release, they did keep the build version in the corner. And, I mean... We are PC GAMERS, we deal with consoles and options all the time

It'll probably end up being like the STO "TRIBBLE" Server, where players can try out new stuff before it's Officially added to the game.
    B)
  • XautosXautos Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232161Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Xautos wrote: »
    Thank you Davey.

Yeah, that's me...

They really pizzed me off over there with the whole "T-6 TOS Connie" in the exclusive lottery box debacle, so I moved on to greener pastures.
    I was there right from the beginning too.

(they've since sent me 4 freebie 'exclusives' to come back, but I just can't get around my disappointment)

Since in my opinion, STO became nothing but a money-grabbing pit.
    I've been spending my entertainment funds on other things.
    Such as SUBNAUTICA.

Anyway...

I'm really looking forward to v1.0, Oct. 22nd is my B-day so it'll be kind of a belated gift.

B)

You used to post a lot of minion pictures from what i remember. i used to have the scopius picture and was generally a fool over there as a big enough hint. Nice to see someone familiar.

i know what you mean, after STO and SWTOR i was looking for a place to settle into and found Subnautica as well. I love this game and the developers have done a fantastic job with it.
    edited August 2017
    giphy.gif

Unforeseen Consequences?
    edited August 2017
    That date is tentative. We are still investigating whether or not it is going to be the best date for us to release, and, as always, there may be unforeseen factors which prevent us from being able to hit that date. So, just because it's on the Roadmap does not mean it's written in stone.

I can settle for it being written in chalk for now.

It's just nice to know that even you folks are seeing and acknowledging the beginning of the final push.
    8-)
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    I remember when the tentative release date was in August... Last year's August, mind you. Seems there was always something exciting showing up, will be both happy and sad when this crazy ride is over.
  • NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I WANT 1.0 SO BADLY
    That date is tentative. We are still investigating whether or not it is going to be the best date for us to release, and, as always, there may be unforeseen factors which prevent us from being able to hit that date. So, just because it's on the Roadmap does not mean it's written in stone.

That's good to hear. Too many games that should have been great ended up a complete bus accident because they had to hit some arbitrary release date usually imposed by a clueless publisher. "When it's done" is the perfect release date. :)

Thought of this :D
  • gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    edited August 2017
    Hopefully subnautica will go the way of skull girls or kerbal space program and they'll keep releasing updates after it's finished, there's still plenty of room to the east of the map *wink wink*

Hopefully Subnautica doesn't follow KSP's development cycle too closely. The 1.0 release was very rough and unfinished, and even now over 2 years later they have yet to replace the low quality placeholder art and do a real balance pass on everything. I'm glad they're still working on the game, but it still feels like they're in the process of bringing the game up to what 1.0 should have been rather than actually expanding the game. Not to mention that the console version was broken at launch (savegame corruption bugs) which still haven't been fixed.

Back to Subnautica, I would love to see new features added post-release with free updates. However, I would much rather have the devs focus on a full expansion that dramatically expands/improves the game rather than small piecemeal changes here and there.
    edited August 2017
    Hopefully subnautica will go the way of skull girls or kerbal space program and they'll keep releasing updates after it's finished, there's still plenty of room to the east of the map *wink wink*

Well, we do know they have plans for an expansion for Subnautica in the works, at least. There's no way of knowing what it could include or how it will change the game at this time. But the fact that they are acknowledging it bodes well for the future of Subnautica, which makes me happy! :blush:
    As much as I am annoyed with Cryptic and STO at the moment,

I very much hope that this game also gets a rich a Seven Years Plus run (at least).
    B)
  • cutefishleviathancutefishleviathan United States Join Date: 2017-07-22 Member: 231975Members

*plays depressing music*

All around me are familiar face... e83sccq912g4.jpg