Cutefish

supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members

Comments

• Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    1. If the Qutefish (as I am spelling it now, since its name is not really appropriate to me, lol) were to appear straight into my inventory, I imagine I would instantly regain another if I tried to drop it, as per some twisted sense of purgatory. In which case, that's great! I'd have an eternal source of Food and Bioreactor fuel, since I would have an infinite amount of Qutefish at my disposal. Although I find the appearance unsettling, it could sustain me on my long journeys alone... I have no qualms in deriving nutrition from something so ghastly. I do know, for instance, how hotdogs are made. :wink:
    2. If the Qutefish spawned everywhere, then it would no longer be unique and therefore would lose its special qualities. Everyone would see the little devil and grow tired of it being everywhere. But as for me! I would take upon the chance to ram every one I saw with my Seamoth. Special programming wouldn't save it, as I would imagine any Qutefish not coded as a "pet" would be just another fish, which would take damage and could be killed (it would look so peaceful, almost as if it were sleeping...) :open_mouth:
    3. In another thread, someone asked what it would take to keep players from venturing out into the Void. I commented that the best way to do that was to spawn swarms of Qutefish to latch onto the Cyclops, staring intently at me as their eyes try to devour my soul, and their chittering reverberates throughout the hull, drowning me in a cacophony of madness as they drag my Cyclops into the deep... Then when my Cyclops buckles under the pressure and explodes, there's no more protection for me anymore from them. Their gaping maws glint toothy smiles as they swim up and encircle me, inching closer to me as I slowly suffocate... There's nothing more terrifying than the thought of those baby Cthulu pawing at me... cuddling me... as my lungs burn from lack of oxygen and I start to choke to death. My final image will be seeing the unflinching smiling stare of a Qutefish inches from my face, as my vision dims and sweet icy death finally releases me from my torment, no longer having to endure the company of... the Qutefish.

1195BD0E6A575E8CCA053C29DC94C0FD0CE57DB4

Nope nope nope nope nope! :no_mouth:

P.S. The picture credit goes to @ChrisFo from the Funny Subnautica pictures and memes page one entry. I find it mildly amusing that after all this time, I'm still the only one who Disagrees with that post, heh. :expressionless:
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    @Tarkannen cutefish can't be eaten and aren't used as bioreactor fuel
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    edited August 2017

As it stands as a pet, you're right that it can't be used as a fish. But if it were to appear in the game as a normal fish, then yes... yes indeed it could be. See, the game can reference one as a pet to be interacted with and treated as a special case. But if they were to appear in the world as dozens of single entities at once, then those other ones would just become normal fish. In which case, they'll fall prey to my Propulsion Cannon and Seamoth...

It's eat or be eaten in the wild, and my Bioreactor and Fabricator would like to make 'friends' with the Qutefish. :naughty:
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    1) Quest to get the Cutefish (Hints lead to finding it inside of the giant mushroom tree)

2) Quest to get rid of the annoying Cutefish
  • CHeijenkCHeijenk Join Date: 2017-08-02 Member: 232190Members
    @Tarkannen To be honest, youre right. i would rather call the Cute fish a Stalker because it is a stalker. to be honest, i feel less threatent by a stalker then a cute fish....... The horror
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited August 2017
    I'm gonna name mine "Kolchak" - The Sea Stalker ...
    scqxh7p8f3ga.png
    Tarkannen wrote: »

As it stands as a pet, you're right that it can't be used as a fish. But if it were to appear in the game as a normal fish, then yes... yes indeed it could be. See, the game can reference one as a pet to be interacted with and treated as a special case. But if they were to appear in the world as dozens of single entities at once, then those other ones would just become normal fish. In which case, they'll fall prey to my Propulsion Cannon and Seamoth...

It's eat or be eaten in the wild, and my Bioreactor and Fabricator would like to make 'friends' with the Qutefish. :naughty:

Unless *ahem* someone were to remotely alter the games code using the info the devs helpfully provided on thier last update post and change that forever ... ;)
  • XautosXautos Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232161Members

i would hate to be in an area there there are 30 or more cutefish and suddenly you got 30 new friends all dancing around you, nightmares forever! :smiley:
    edited August 2017

Unless *ahem* someone were to remotely alter the games code using the info the devs helpfully provided on thier last update post and change that forever ... ;)

I would probably just swap the model data files of the Qutefish and the Crashfish, so that the charming and sweet Crashfish will follow me around forever :love: and the Qutefish would detonate itself everytime it saw me. :wink: (But you guys can't object to that last part; that was the developer's original intention with the Qutefish when it was being designed!)
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members

I would probably just swap the model data files of the Qutefish and the Crashfish, so that the charming and sweet Crashfish will follow me around forever :love: and the Qutefish would detonate itself everytime it saw me. :wink: (But you guys can't object to that last part; that was the developer's original intention with the Qutefish when it was being designed!)

I would download that mod.
    @Tarkannen
    Look at the poll board and tell me what you see. B)
  • SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    I didn't vote because I prefer a different option. I think it should be some sort of achievement to unlock and spawn a cutefish. Even if it's trivial, like finding an egg and hatching it. I can tell you that cutefish don't like being in the aquarium though.