Wasted time

LookAtMeLookAtMe Join Date: 2016-10-11 Member: 223053Members
I just spent 3 hours collecting materials, and... My game crashed. Please work on preformence, cause this really makes me want to grab one of the devs and shake until they throw up.

Comments

• LookAtMeLookAtMe Join Date: 2016-10-11 Member: 223053Members
    Kellise wrote: »
    LookAtMe wrote: »
    I just spent 3 hours collecting materials, and... My game crashed. Please work on preformence, cause this really makes me want to grab one of the devs and shake until they throw up.

Did you...even read the main menu text? Maybe save every so many minutes like everyone else does? It's a habit you want to start anyway, nothing worse then playing hours to make a cyclops, get down deep and everything, then lava leeches kill your power and a warper rips you out your prawn and kills you sending you back to the escape pod.

Lol ended up maybe kinda sorta using the dev console and said "SCREW IT"
    I do need to make saving a habit though, I just get so into the game I forget.
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    edited July 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Hmm, let's asses the situation here @LookAtMe :D

You played the game, which is in pre-release state mind you. While not saving for three hours...

Game crashes, you blame the unfinished and potentially unstable game for your mistake

Then you want to shake the devs like a milkshake?

Good luck on that last one, Cory is on terminator level. He will shake you if you even threaten to shake them devtypepeople, we need them for stuff man! :tongue:

Now calm down and enjoy the game. Wasted time hmm, did you enjoy those three hours? If so, that's not time wasted, but it is a lesson learned o/

Yeah sorry, I love the game to death but that made me angry. I would love a auto save kind of feature so that our save games wouldn't be so weak to crashes. Your right sorry dude, thanks for the logic though!

Auto save is coming soon for PC. Maybe for XBox some day.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members

Did you...even read the main menu text? Maybe save every so many minutes like everyone else does? It's a habit you want to start anyway, nothing worse then playing hours to make a cyclops, get down deep and everything, then lava leeches kill your power and a warper rips you out your prawn and kills you sending you back to the escape pod.

Lol ended up maybe kinda sorta using the dev console and said "SCREW IT"
    I do need to make saving a habit though, I just get so into the game I forget.

Auto save will be coming for Xbox soon too, it'll save whenever you enter your base and I think Cyclops/Seamoth/Prawn. Can't remember for sure about the vehicles but the entering a base will definitely autosave soon.
  • GerogeRomeroGerogeRomero Jakobdavin@gmail.com Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232164Members
    I think the power leeches need to be nerfed honestly, or there should at least be an easier way to keep them off your ship rather than having to get out and burning to death while you manually knife each and every one off the side of your massive cyclops.
  • conalykaconalyka Canada Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232087Members
    I am park at the prison entrance, waiting for the update. I'll wait as long as it take , I know your work ing hard, it shows! But please, tell me, tell us,.... a day? a week? a month? You should receve a freaking oscar for that game , Maybe two!
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I think the power leeches need to be nerfed honestly, or there should at least be an easier way to keep them off your ship rather than having to get out and burning to death while you manually knife each and every one off the side of your massive cyclops.

The little buggers sure are annoying, I agree, but a Reinforced Dive Suit will protect you up to 70C heat. Also, a Repulsion cannon works very well for getting them off the hull, and it's a lot of fun to watch them go flying off into the distance. :3
  • KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members
    conalyka wrote: »
    I am park at the prison entrance, waiting for the update. I'll wait as long as it take , I know your work ing hard, it shows! But please, tell me, tell us,.... a day? a week? a month? You should receve a freaking oscar for that game , Maybe two!

Sweety, I suggest moving FAAAAR from that area: if an update comes out in which the prison is updated, you could lose a lotta stuff
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members

Sweety, I suggest moving FAAAAR from that area: if an update comes out in which the prison is updated, you could lose a lotta stuff

You mean like, in the next 1-4 days?
  • KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members

You mean like, in the next 1-4 days?

Hey, that's better than the update never coming out.
  • cinan123cinan123 Canada Join Date: 2017-09-07 Member: 232862Members