Which Leviathan is your favorite

Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
Winning leviathan gets the grand prize of nothing

Comments

• Who_needs_ArmorWho_needs_Armor Join Date: 2017-06-23 Member: 231295Members
    My (and presumably others) vote may be biased against The Ghost Leviathan, since I haven't had time to adequately explore the thing and how 'fair' it is, so to speak. Have yet to encounter it, but I don't think it'll outclass my respect for the Sea Dragon and the design of that whole place.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    The ghost Leviathan has always seemed the most "earth-like" of the leviathans - As you know, most deep-sea creatures are transparent, so great artwork on the part of the devs.
  • DigitalLeviathan777DigitalLeviathan777 Join Date: 2017-07-15 Member: 231846Members
    The Reaper Leviathan as it shows the true meaning of jaws, death and the devil
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    From the pure look, the Ghost Leviathan would be my favorite together with the Sea Emperor and from difficulty and thrill in gameplay I'd take the Sea Dragon. I lost much interest in the Reaper after he lost his long range terror sound.

But the question was about who I liked most. And this isn't gameplay, but the awesomeness of the few moments of the impressive Sea Emperor. He can control all creatures telepathically in his surroundings and you can only imagine the might of that highly evolved beast if it were free.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    The ghost leviathan's transparency reminds me of real shrimp.
  • gbuzz1216gbuzz1216 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228771Members
    I have encountered this guy many times before, yet I am still scared to death when I see them above or see their tail go into darkness and you hear the faint roars of evil. Also I love the fact that they can just destroy you and your fun submarines and Exosuits easily! Sea Emperor isn't going to hurt u, you can easily go under bones to avoid the ghost leviathan, and you have to go to the alien containment facility and set off nukes to make the Sea Dragon to think: " Wait a sec! That dude is going to get good stuff and beat the game!"
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Was going to make a "ur mum" joke, but... nah.

Based at least on it's concept art though, it's gotta be the ghost. The emperor and dragon just don't make any dammed sense. arms? Underwater fire breath? Please.

And the reaper has a butt chin.
    sayerulz wrote: »
    ... Underwater fire breath? Please ...

The devs couldn't really do that wrestling animation from "20000 leagues beyond the Sea" where the octopus entangles the sub. Probably they couldn't even do some 2 arm grabbing animations like grabbing the Prawn and grilling it in lava, than biting the head part off to pull the snack out of the Prawn ... Or Grabbing the Cyclops and knocking at the front glass, cracking it open and pulling the snack out of the Cockpit ...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    It's all a conspiracy from those Emperors to get their offspring from this planet to dominate the galaxy:
    1. The pitiful Precursors made the mistake to catch a baby emperor from another water planet and study it on Subnautica.
    2. The grown up Emperor uses its hidden telepathic powers to mind dominate some unlucky scientists to secretly work for him.
    3. The scientists extract some Emperor enzymes that can be transformed into the Carar and then a breach releases the Carar on the planet.
    4. The Emperor is put into the center of research, controling it while the planet life gets extinguished and Emperor eggs get created to help cure the planet.
    5. After only the Emperor is left he lures Alterra to send a ship there because of the rich resources and beautiful water paradise there.
    6. The ship gets shot down, all survivors but the most stupid one are killed and the dimwit hero is guided to the PCF telepathically.
    7. Here he has no chance but to grow up the next Emperor babies to get the cure in hope he will take these examples to his home planet when leaving,
    8. The Cycle restarts at planet Earth.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Am I the only one that finds it extremely ironic that @Morph_Guy , @TheBloxxerDude and @Voxel voted for the ghost? XD
    Am I the only one that finds it extremely ironic that @Morph_Guy , @TheBloxxerDude and @Voxel voted for the ghost? XD

Muhaha, that happens even with married people!
  • VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members

Why?
  • PawPaw Deutschland Join Date: 2017-07-28 Member: 232108Members
    The Sea Emperor is so beautiful!
    The first time is meet her, i was just like "WTF SO HUGE" and when she swimming in the aquarium i watched a few mins and thought about it, how bad this thing could kill u.
    She is really awesome in my opinion.

-> but i love the reaper to *-* they are creepy but kinda cute too :D
  • Gamechanger3849Gamechanger3849 Flying an ARC-170 above Planet 4546B Join Date: 2017-06-17 Member: 231153Members
    It's my opinion don't question it

Its looks amazing

AnD Otz TWo GuD for wuRds
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Cmon guys, who doesn't like Sammy?
    9n60emab0xic.png

Also this
    8k8uk2aoacx4.jpg
  • WaterfallWaterfall Cherbourg/FR Join Date: 2016-03-27 Member: 214918Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    I lost much interest in the Reaper after he lost his long range terror sound.

I noticed that few days ago, I took a small break and the reaper didn't roar anymore at long range.
    It was intented by the devs ? Any plan to give us this back ?
  • NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
    edited July 2017
    FirstEd wrote: »
    Sea Emperor, for reals.

kx9pj6mch5vg.png

Sea Emperor. This is why.
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    Cmon guys, who doesn't like Sammy?
    9n60emab0xic.png

Also this
    8k8uk2aoacx4.jpg

0_0

Help me...
  • NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
    edited August 2017
    ShuttleBug wrote: »

Also this
    8k8uk2aoacx4.jpg

0_0

Help me...

Ok. Here eat this magical muffin. It will teleport you to an alternate universe where the devs added guns. Happy Reaper hunting... wait what do you mean the muffin is... well sorry you're out of luck.
  • XautosXautos Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232161Members
    I choose none of these, my vote is on a giant peeper leviathan sized monster!! hehehe

however i were forced to choose a decided second and average leviathan? the one of a kind emperor, because it's more capable of rational actions so it won't attempt to eat you as a snack :smiley:
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    The ghosts, because they are probably the most aggressive out of all the leviathans, the ones in the void are relentless doing everything they can to get you away...or a more gruesome alternative, along with their blood-curdling screech
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Ghost. Went into the void on creative just to check them out and by Alterra they majestic down in the pitch dark of the void. Kinda ravey too, just add and its a party down there.

But seriously, first time seeing the ghost leviathan down there took my breath away.
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    I like all of them except the Sea Dragon, which annoys me due to breathing fire being unrealistic enough to break my immersion. I have the same problem with the crash fish - they exist simply to annoy players, rather then something that would naturally evolve. I can't imagine anything evolving to breath fire except in a computer game.

This may be silly of me, but one of the things that attracted me to this game was a semi-realistic environment where the animals mostly acted like real animals. You get too close to a sandshark, it attacks you, otherwise it mostly leaves you alone. Stalkers will nip at you, but they don't go psycho and go in hordes to try to kill you. Bonesharks seem to do that a bit, which is annoying, but most of the others don't. To me, that makes the game more interesting - there are plenty of games where you need to shoot everything that lives; it's nice having one where you don't. In a game like this, I prefer creatures that have a reason for their powers - like the amp eel. They use their charge to get their prey. What reason would a creature have to evolve an EMP attack? It wouldn't have any effect on prey, it only works on machines. I could see crash fish acting like bees, but the way they are now, a fish couldn't defend its home after blowing up, and they don't really team up.

Of course I'm just nitpicking. Even though these things annoy me a little, this is one amazing game, hopefully becoming a classic when released! And there are far more realistic creatures in the game then ones that exist simply to annoy game players.

Maybe there could be achievements for scanning all the wildlife and flora. Even without that, it's fun simply scanning and recording everything just because it's there.
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    edited October 2017
    ssutcliffe wrote: »
    I like all of them except the Sea Dragon, which annoys me due to breathing fire being unrealistic enough to break my immersion. I have the same problem with the crash fish - they exist simply to annoy players, rather then something that would naturally evolve. I can't imagine anything evolving to breath fire except in a computer game.

This may be silly of me, but one of the things that attracted me to this game was a semi-realistic environment where the animals mostly acted like real animals. You get too close to a sandshark, it attacks you, otherwise it mostly leaves you alone. Stalkers will nip at you, but they don't go psycho and go in hordes to try to kill you. Bonesharks seem to do that a bit, which is annoying, but most of the others don't. To me, that makes the game more interesting - there are plenty of games where you need to shoot everything that lives; it's nice having one where you don't. In a game like this, I prefer creatures that have a reason for their powers - like the amp eel. They use their charge to get their prey. What reason would a creature have to evolve an EMP attack? It wouldn't have any effect on prey, it only works on machines. I could see crash fish acting like bees, but the way they are now, a fish couldn't defend its home after blowing up, and they don't really team up.

Of course I'm just nitpicking. Even though these things annoy me a little, this is one amazing game, hopefully becoming a classic when released! And there are far more realistic creatures in the game then ones that exist simply to annoy game players.

Maybe there could be achievements for scanning all the wildlife and flora. Even without that, it's fun simply scanning and recording everything just because it's there.

The seadragon eats molten rocks and spits them out, its not really fire breath, but molten rock spit, and crabsquids evolved with EMP because ampeels were their natural predators
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited October 2017
    How dare you not add the reefback!!!!
    #reefbackareleviathans

5ndwrvi5408c.png
    How dare you not add the reefback!!!!
    #reefbackareleviathans

5ndwrvi5408c.png

Um...what
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I mean... reefbacks are really, REALLY big.