What happens after 1.0?

FryerDevilFryerDevil Austrailia Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220657Members
I heard somewhere that when development on Subnautica began there was a 'B-Team' (that aren't good from what I heard) that continued on with NS2 while the 'A-Team' was working on Subnautica (im not sure if this was true just something I saw) so im just curious as to what happens when Subnautica hits its full release. If there would still be steady updates or if its given to this 'B-Team'. Or if development is completely stopped?

Hope it continues to steadily update I really love this game and there is so much opportunity in it.

PS - I don't mean to hate on this 'B-Team' (if it even exists) its just what ive read.

Thanks to anyone who could shed some light!

Comments

• DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    Make a new game if it doesn't sell well, make DLC if it does.

Just being logical, here.
  • ChrisFoChrisFo Germany/Saxony Join Date: 2016-03-23 Member: 214728Members
    edited August 2016
    The „B-Team“ will continue the work on NS2. The development on Subnautica will also continue. For example on the Twisty Bridges Biome and the Lilypad Island Biome, Female Charakter, more Voices, Bugfixing and other big things. But some Developers will begin the new Unknownworlds Game „Future Perfekt“
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    From the bits of text I've read, they will indeed continue work on Subnautica and also, they might (using the same assets) make a Multiplayer version of Subnautica, separate from the Single Player version, like how the guy with the face made 'Don't starve together'
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    Lonnehart wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to admit this. Subnautica is one of those games I'd literally throw my money at if substantially sized DLC came out...

Same here.

Subnautica has ruined most other games for me. Screaming around the place murdering everything in sight just doesn't appeal any more.
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    From the bits of text I've read, they will indeed continue work on Subnautica and also, they might (using the same assets) make a Multiplayer version of Subnautica, separate from the Single Player version, like how the guy with the face made 'Don't starve together'

I don't think they've promised anything re further development or multi-player.
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    Halios wrote: »
    Lonnehart wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to admit this. Subnautica is one of those games I'd literally throw my money at if substantially sized DLC came out...

Same here.

Subnautica has ruined most other games for me. Screaming around the place murdering everything in sight just doesn't appeal any more.

I don't think they've promised anything re further development or multi-player.

I didn't say they promised, but I suppose I wasn't clear enough; the Devs have mentioned, but haven't confirmed what I have said. Although, I can go get some for proof if you would like to see it.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    There will be more updates. Go check the development roadmap.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    I didn't say they promised, but I suppose I wasn't clear enough; the Devs have mentioned, but haven't confirmed what I have said. Although, I can go get some for proof if you would like to see it.

Re multiplayer you don't need to. I'm familiar with it. They only mention the way Don't Starve Together added mp as a possible way it could be done in Subnautica. It might not be added at all or added in a completely different way. So it's kind of a non-statement other than definitely not promising mp.

More importantly I'm pretty sure they haven't committed to any further development post launch - and you said they have. Though if you have proof otherwise I'd be happy to be wrong about this.
    There will be more updates. Go check the development roadmap.

If that roadmap were gospel the game would have launched this month or indeed earlier. It is clearly labelled with the warnings "our best guess", "looks official but we have no idea" and "subject to change". Nothing in Subnautica's Trello pages constitutes an official commitment.

At one point it may have included (non-committal) post-launch development plans. That seems vaguely familiar to me. But right now it looks like they're aiming for a December launch and the only thing after that is a team trip to a tropical island.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    If that roadmap were gospel the game would have launched this month or indeed earlier. It is clearly labelled with the warnings "our best guess", "looks official but we have no idea" and "subject to change". Nothing in Subnautica's Trello pages constitutes an official commitment.

Vary true! Too many times I see certain people on here reading something that is purely hearsay or speculation and they take it as gospel truth. Then get upset wth the Devs when what they thought to be a "dev promise/commitment" doesn't happen.

Of course there's nothing wrong with speculating what or what may not be in the SN future and in fact it can be fun to do so, but people need to understand that this is a game in development and therefore things do change. They also need to read carefully what is being said on the forum/Trello and decipher what is actually from the Devs and what is just conjecture.
  • DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    I will just be content with seeing the next update. Much less 1.0.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited August 2016
    Duma wrote: »
    I will just be content with seeing the next update. Much less 1.0.

Agreed. The Mechsuit update is gonna blow your mind off!

Once finished and bug-free, the New aurora interior will be pretty amazing :smiley: Also im pretty sure they'll add in other cool stuff alongside it like updated ilz/alz and the castle and i wouldnt be surprised if we saw new eggs as well, i know theyre working on some right now.

Personally i cant wait for the Sea Dragon/Emperor to make it live in their finished environments! Dunno when that will actually happen tho, could be several weeks ahead from now
  • RoyalMontageRoyalMontage Yo mama Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231611Members
    They might add the ghost leviathan and rock puncher. They will add the cutefish before or after 1.0. The ghost leviathan has been confirmed to come after 1.0 (I think) but the rock puncher isn't confirmed yet. I hope this helps.
  • GreendwellerGreendweller Holland Join Date: 2016-04-19 Member: 215980Members
    https://trello.com/c/b9PlvLPk/263-start-working-on-expansion

How or what it will entail... i don't know. But i'm verry curious ! :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited July 2017
    They might add the ghost leviathan and rock puncher. They will add the cutefish before or after 1.0. The ghost leviathan has been confirmed to come after 1.0 (I think) but the rock puncher isn't confirmed yet. I hope this helps.
    The Ghost Leviathan is already in the game, and the Cute Fish is definitely getting added before v1.0.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    All I want is an easy way to mod the game after v1.0. Obviously modding is not easy, but it could replace dev manpower and let them focus on other projects.
  • Who_needs_ArmorWho_needs_Armor Join Date: 2017-06-23 Member: 231295Members
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    All I want is an easy way to mod the game after v1.0. Obviously modding is not easy, but it could replace dev manpower and let them focus on other projects.

A Thousand Times this
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    But right now it looks like they're aiming for a December launch and the only thing after that is a team trip to a tropical island.
    Just as long as they don't take a 3-hour boat tour.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    No worries...

The Skipper and Gilligan are dead.

B)
    edited July 2017
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    No worries...

B)
    Death's never forever in Hollywood. Last time something new aired was in 2001. Meaning it's up for its gritty reboot.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    With about 60 years of TV production behind them, I rather doubt there's anything 'NEW' left to be developed.

Every trope has been done at least 100 times.

B)
    With about 60 years of TV production behind them, I rather doubt there's anything 'NEW' left to be developed.

Every trope has been done at least 100 times.

B)
    Since when has that stopped Hollywood from recycling whatever they think they can get away with. Take a look at a lot of the films in the past few years.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    No worries...

B)

Oh, man! I just started watching that show... Could you please include a spoiler tag? Man, oh man, oh man!

*cries*
  • AlphaWinner5538AlphaWinner5538 Elizabeth Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231377Members
    I'm hoping that the game has maybe new fish or maybe put som of the old textures the were cool