Camera Animation / View Tilting / Head Bobbing

DemoNnDemoNn Montreal Join Date: 2014-02-28 Member: 194432Members

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    DemoNn wrote: »
    Removed?

It's an option. Perhaps you have it turned off?
  • DemoNnDemoNn Montreal Join Date: 2014-02-28 Member: 194432Members
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Removed?

No, it's definitely on. If you switch it back and forth from on to off and vice-versa, you'll notice the FOV change slighty.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Removed?

No, it's definitely on. If you switch it back and forth from on to off and vice-versa, you'll notice the FOV change slighty.

I guess I'm not sure what you're asking then. Is it not animating for you?
    Removed?

I guess I'm not sure what you're asking then. Is it not animating for you?

Exactly. The crosshair (or the view around it, I should say) is perfectly steady while I run. Have you not noticed the same?
    Nah, pretty much everyone plays with camera animations turned off.

That's a shame, because camera animations make the experience immersive, in my opinion.
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    It doesn't work for the female marine. It might only work with some armors, I'm not sure.
    edited July 2017

That's a shame, because camera animations make the experience immersive, in my opinion.

Are you talking about this game in particular, or just games in general? I thought the same thing too when a coworker brought it up, but then I turned the animations on for the first time in a loooong time and... yea instant 180 attitude towards them. Maybe with some work they'd be better but... right now they're just very bad.