Voice of the Emperor

Poccer77Poccer77 Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231327Members
Hello, Poccer77 here.

I have to say, I'm a huge fan of the Emperor concept, that you finally meet a creature you can actively interact with, plus it is one of if not the biggest creature in the ocean.
I have one problem with the Emperor tho: the voice.
The voice sounds pretty cool, but it doesn't sound like its edited enough, if you know what I mean. In my opinion, the voice is too human for such a non-human creature, it's too clear and edged, it should be a little more dull and blurry. That would be a suggestion for an ingame improvement from me, otherwise the game is really awesome, especially for 20 euros. Good job developers!

Comments

• GuillimanGuilliman Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231357Members
    edited July 2017
    Well the thing does talk to you trough telepathy, so I assume you hear what she says in a voice that sounds familiar to you. A voice that your brain comes up with to "translate" the telepathic connection & information that she sends you.
  • HarringtonRHarringtonR Join Date: 2017-06-29 Member: 231467Members
    Telepathy: you hear what you hear the easiest. Seems to me a telepathic being would cater its "voice" to the users preference, IE a peeper can understand the Emperor just as well as you can (albeit it with a limited intelligence), and I doubt a booming/screeching/alarming tone of "thought" would make a listener receptive to the telepathic beings message. Just the same, if a telepathic creature was angered, the tone and emotion in the voice could be altered to scare/intimidate you on purpose. All preference, but there's really no perfect way to make an imaginary concept acceptable for everybody. I can see how that might irk some people though, perhaps they will change it.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    If some filters were added to make it a bit more imperfect, it could better represent a wholly alien creature trying to communicate in concepts that a human can understand.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    I'm fine with it as is, or with a bit of oddity. Just don't make it "speak whale".