Some ideas! (Big list)

GriggleGriggle UK Join Date: 2015-07-26 Member: 206409Members
edited July 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
I got the game yesterday and clocked 14 hours already. Absolutely awesome game full of 'holy crap' moments. I don't think I've found everything yet, so apologies if some of these are already in or being worked on; this is just a list of things I thought would be cool while I was playing. I also apologise if these have been mentioned elsewhere by others, it's very late and I don't have time to read the whole forum to check each idea, haha.

1. Crafting Branches.
You don't make silicone out of quartz, as far as I know. Instead, dig sand, use sand to make silicone, use silicone to make glass. Also lead is probably gonna be its own resource in the world, but if it's not, make it so. Making lead out of copper and silver is silly.

2. Radiation Suit weighs you down.
It's made from lead. If you sunk it'd be kinda crappy, but it should make it harder to swim up/easier to swim down.

3. Positive Pressure.
Internal base pressure needs to offset water pressure. Buildable small control panel to allow setting of internal positive pressure. Building a tall base (say, top above water, bottom at -100m) requires airlocks, otherwise the top portion would explode with single global pressure setting to offset bottom water pressure. Control panels affect rooms non-contiguously until meeting airlock. Perhaps require pumping air down in order to pressurise lower levels. Would also give opportunity for awesome water-erupting-from-the-moon-pool-like-Deep-Blue-Sea-movie. Also a variation on the 'puncture' style damage nodes that appear, instead causing severe creaking and walls to buckle inwards, windows to crack and spray water inside, really give the impression the place is being crushed if the pressure's not enough.

4. Rechargeable batteries/power cells
Upgraded versions which can be recharged using new recharge station. Lets you plug in dead ones and charge them over time. Also rename cells to batteries and batteries to cells, but that's a technical niggle. (A battery is an arrangement of cells).

5. Cyclops Hangar.
Perhaps have to build in sections. A docking hangar/moon pool for the Cyclops would be awesome. Gantries high above so you can walk around get a good look at it. Control panel overlooking it that lets you change colours/name and see it in real time without having to get out and look. You can also change the lighting inside, colours/brightness/type. Also recharges the sub's cells if they're upgraded to rechargeable ones, and the attached base can do it.

6. Control panels can change lighting
Panels mentioned in (3) can also change the lighting colour/brightness for their effective areas. Allow making dimly lit sleeping quarters or warm kitchen area, etc.

7. Kitchen, sleeping, lounge furniture/decor, base paint
Allow crafting better foods (perhaps that give buffs/feed much more), sleeping to heal and pass time and autosave, lounge to relax and bask in the awesomeness of your base. Also customise insides of base in order to colourcode/designate areas as well as lighting. Also painting outside of base like the cyclops.

8. Moon pool allows repainting Seamoth
Damnit my fleet must match.

9. Algae Farm and Water Desalination
Endgame rooms/base attachments that create food and water (and salt) over time, dispensing it into containers inside. It'd be cool if they were rooms you could walk inside and see the machinery working and collect resources.

10. Surface Vehicle.
Something like a hybrid speedboat/jetski. Solar powered so it only drains power during the night and recharges itself. Allows semi-safe very fast travel but only above water, obviously. Still able to be snatched up and insta-killed by the big buggers. Hovercraft maybe? Would be awesome to have a dock for it so that you can dismount, stand on the dock, then take the elevator (18, below) or ladder down into your base. Would make an excellent surface level for a base, a blinking light/beacon on top would be awesome to find it at night. Possibly a bubble with a door that automatically opens when you approach, so that it's protected from 13 below.

11. Other survivors.
Mixed on this one, could be one of two things. They'd have their own pods scattered very far from the player. Once the player finds them the player can trade very basic items with them at first or take on small quests (I'm hurt, gimme a medkit/my pod's got no power get me a battery/etc). Once the player has a base big enough they can move in and populate home base, having tasks like base repair or cook or foraging for items the player specifies. Might make it a bit minecrafty and remove the awesome feeling of isolation, but it could be something to toy with. Maybe even just finding other people dead in their pods with a diary about how they're too scared to go diving or something about life on the Aurora for some background exposition.

12. Digger, "Bobbit".
Similar to the Seaglide. Big drill on the front. Dig into the ground, create tunnels, storage container on it occasionally spawns ore and stuff while you dig. Harder than using terraformer but rewards you with ore appropriate for depth. It'd have to be its own vehicle so you can access its storage, so a small docking bay for your base would be great for it rather than it be left floating nearby. Also handy for smoothing out terrain as it affects smaller spheres than the terraformer.

13. Mega alien storms.
The hard part would be waves, but they'd add SO MUCH. It'd need a timer on it so you can't get hit by one days after starting a game. 50ft high waves, knocks your pod/anything on the surface around, super dark sky, tons of rain and wind AND LIGHTNING AND THUNDER AW YEA. It'd make an awesome reversal where suddenly it's safer the deeper you go. Storms might last days too, so it would be an excellent endgame thing to test how well you survive without access to the surface. The AI voice thing could give a warning too, "approaching hurricane, estimated 12 hours" kinda thing to ratchet up the intensity and give you fair warning. Also muted sounds of the storm get quieter as you go down to make you feel safe. This would probably need an anchor upgrade for the vehicles so that they can drop anchor and stay at least mostly in place during the storm, if they're near the surface.

14. Currents.
Allow very fast travel one-way along the current stream. Possibly open up options for multiple bases and routes between them. Think Finding Nemo, basically.

15. Attractors.
A light beacon buildable on terrain/base that attracts certain types of fish. (Similar to Angler Fish's lure) Changes colour depending on which fish player wants it to attract. Makes it easier to gather food/water.

16. Angler fish.
Add a precious resource that glows. Then add a big, extremely nasty fish that has a lure like the Angler Fish which glows identical to that resource. Only in extremely dark and deep areas. I would poop my pants and love every second.

17. Ghost fish.
Mostly invisible from the side, only visible when it faces (and probably charges) the player. Shimmers slightly, similar to lots of deep sea fish that are almost almost completely transparent. Another deep ocean horror. Telltale wailing is their only real give away.

18. Elevator.
Would work great with the pressurisation mentioned at 3. Elevator pressure changes to match the floor it's travelling to, foregoing the need for airlocks and upgrading nicely from ladders. Also allow very fast travel to surface without suffering the bends (which I think is planned).

19. Vacuum cars.
Basically pneumatic tubes (the old messaging system, or the travel tubes from Futurama) for people. You can build a long, curving track of pipe to a destination and travel along it inside a car. Basically a minecart functionality. Travel yourself or use it to transport lots of resources quickly. Make your own deep-sea train system.

20. Diving Bell.
Old tech, but if it works, use it. Upgrade the cyclops with a new compartment, then drop a diving bell from it that traps air inside. You swim into it, grab on, then descend as far as it will let you go. Contains a limited supply of oxygen, but water level inside doesn't rise due to replacing with carbon dioxide (it probably would move due to compression rates or something but that level of detail probably isn't needed). Maybe upgrades to a super mega reinforced submersible like they used to explore parts of the Mariana Trench.

21. Airlocks/draining rooms.
The base hatches are really rather silly (unless they're on the bottom, like the life pod), so I imagine you guys already have something else in mind down the road. Basically a flooded room for your base, you swim in, close the door, the water drains and pressure matches the attached room. Lights go green, you enter the base. Another welcome variant would be a small, personal moon-pool to simplify and speed up the process for quick entry, as well as add some awesome variety.

22. Spotlights.
Buildable spotlights on terrain and base sides/foundations that illuminate far into the inky blackness around your base, or the base itself. You can rotate and position them however you like, and also control each one's colour and brightness.

23. Walls.
Essentially panels that serve to better sculpt interiors of caves for base-building and serve as vertical/overhead foundations.

24. Head lamp.
A late-game upgrade for all helmets. Needs special ingredients because it doesn't need a battery.

25. Solar Panel roofs.
Allow placing solar panels on exteriors of bases, similar to windows.

26. Flags.
Underwater flags/banners. Can be placed on the sides of rooms or built on terrain. Allows for many designs and custom designs, pretty much as Kerbal Space Program allows.

27. Seeds.
Allow planting of various flora (especially the creeper vines, I adore how they look) so you can terraform and replace flora, as well as perform underwater farming. Would be nice to get the seaweed and seaweed and corals and OMG COLOURS back after completely reforming an area.

That's about it for now, I'll add more if I think of them. Sorry for the wall of text. The game is absolutely awesome so far, and even if none of these ideas make it in (although it would be pretty great if they did), I'll still love it. Keep up the good work guys.

Comments

• TieraxTierax aus Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206401Members
    very much on board with more terraforming options, i mean, its why we were going there in the first place.
  • deathscomingdeathscoming sydney Join Date: 2015-07-26 Member: 206416Members
    I would also like to add the suggestion of adding a way to examine and study fished, both internally and externally, I mean you are meant to be a scientist right? So should it not be about studying the animals you find?
  • GriggleGriggle UK Join Date: 2015-07-26 Member: 206409Members
    I would also like to add the suggestion of adding a way to examine and study fished, both internally and externally, I mean you are meant to be a scientist right? So should it not be about studying the animals you find?

Yeah! Build a lab to study fish, run tests which require special science materials as well, and unlock new upgrades and crafting options. That'd be sweet.
  • EitelkeitEitelkeit Join Date: 2015-07-31 Member: 206588Members
    First of all i wish to say, that i enjoyed the game so much, i hadn't been in a years, it's absolutely awesome, and gives some so much new wonderful expirience different from most other games, so nevermind that amount of critisism below, i just wish it to be even more better and focus on that what differs it so much and make it so nice to play.
    You don't make silicone out of quartz, as far as I know. Instead, dig sand, use sand to make silicone, use silicone to make glass.

I agree so much with that. First time i played, when i dived to the surface and saw "dig sand" option, i thought: "wow, you prorabably need to grab sand and make silicone and glass out of it. That's clever!", but then i realised that it's not that wonderful, you need just to look for those crystals growing here and there. That was dissapointing. But then i watched that video on steam shop page, mentioning update #8 or something, and guy there was having sand in his inventory and description was saying like it's used to make glass and silicone. So eairlier before it was working that way! Why did you changed that to silly quartz growing all around? It feels so much better when you need to collect that coral chunks that can be obtained by hitting that big coral tubes, or look for jeweled corals growing in shallow waters, or collect vines growing on the only at certain depth then collecting some "chunks" of stone, growing on a stone, dropping a resource. You really should change that to system when you can collect say limestone from any limestone rock, but you need to find that layer of limestone where it is exposed to the surface, and then you can refine it to get a minerals contained in it, same with other minerals. It's so much more entertaining when you need to actually study the world you got into, interact with it, then just to look for a different color loot. Also more interaction with fauna and flora done for crafting would be nice. It's not like we need industrial amounts of minerals in game, may be except for cyclops.

The other annoying aspect is predators. First of all the animation of attack really destroys all the atmosphere. Guys, working on Long Dark, found a nice workaround for that, making an attack a distinct qte scene. That would fit the game really nice. Another moment is that it is painful to see predators like some kind of silly monsters. Stalkers are better, you can feed them with fish, make a little bit of friendship and interact in some way, but still feels not enough, and not enough obvious. I mean they shouldn't just attack you straight. They should act more like live animals. They've never seen a human. They don't know what to expect of you. They should be cautious, approach, circle around a bit, see you react, and if you do nothing they'll actually try to bite you, just to feel the taste and see if you're edible. If you approach them on your own, they should first try to scare you off with roars, showing all that aggresive attitude and stuff, not just attacking you straight. No animal attacks just straight. They should try to evade your sight and attack you from behind, or from below. Also they can just circle around, blocking your movement, sounding loud, to call in other stalkers, so when there some of them they attack you in pack. There's lot of ways give them much more flavor then just moster fish you stab with your knife. I'm really eager to see that. Like you shouldn't be able to kill it with knife, may be you can ward it off for some time if it attacks you, but not kill, because it would escape you if manage to cause it some pain. Also It should be much more unique and dangerous. When it approaches you, you need to react right way, hide your self in sand, feed it with fish, ward it off with sound of bigger predator, use strong blinding light to stunt it or something. Not just strafe and left click. And of course they shouldn't attack your submarines. Because they are bigger and they are not edible. And because it's just annoying when you travel along the map in seamoth and then stop, and here comes 4-5 stalkers which you collected in kelp forest. Adds nothing to gameplay, it's not fun to deal with them, and it's ruining the immersion. Same goes for bonesharks, and their suicide ramming of cyclops. Bonesharks are actually terrible. Usually you just collect stuff, and then it bites you from the side, meaning you have to stop looting, get in seamoth or cyclops and ram it to death, or it won't leave you alone. No other way to ward it off, no way to escape, because some areas are just flooding with bonesharks and you can do nothing before you clear them out, like some kind of creeper. It's not what you expect of giant underwater predator. I dream of them being unique and able to learn. Like if you escape it once boarding the cyclops - next time it will just approach you from the side of cyclops, so you won't be able to get back and have to run other way, where it can easily get you. If you don't have other trick ready, then you're done. Also it would be nice if they're persistent. World in Subnautica isn't all that big, so like 20-30 stalkers and 10-15 bonesharks would be enough to cover it, if they act right, doing hunting, and stuff. They could also differ in size, and have custom textures, differing slightly from each other, having different attitude to player and so on, so you can know if look carefully, that it's the same shark trying to kill you once again. And i don't think you should be able to kill them, unless with some really special stuff.

And the last small thing - i wish there was some system to manage the beacons. You, guys, did so amazing work to make that world so filled up and colorfull, there're so much wonderful places to see, and when i try to mark them with beacons my hud turns into mess, with all that blinking around. So i wish i could turn off some of them, while leaving the beacon in place. And thank you for that wonderful game.
  • RossMacRossMac Join Date: 2016-04-03 Member: 215274Members
    edited April 2016
    I was doing some research into a bit of marine boilogy and found out about these:
    The pyrosome - a colony (made up of many small zooids, tiny creatures sharing the same tissue) its a long tube like, gelatonous and transparent creature capable of bio-luminescence. Its a filter feeder that can grow to 60 ft in length and as seen in this by epicwildlife. I could imagine one of these in the grand reef or lost river, eerily floating around feeding in the nutrient rich water of the deep

edit: this could be what one of the creatures in the lost river concept art was.
  • Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
    Griggle wrote: »
    Upgraded versions which can be recharged using new recharge station. Lets you plug in dead ones and charge them over time. Also rename cells to batteries and batteries to cells, but that's a technical niggle. (A battery is an arrangement of cells).

5. Cyclops Hangar.
    Perhaps have to build in sections. A docking hangar/moon pool for the Cyclops would be awesome. Gantries high above so you can walk around get a good look at it. Control panel overlooking it that lets you change colours/name and see it in real time without having to get out and look. You can also change the lighting inside, colours/brightness/type. Also recharges the sub's cells if they're upgraded to rechargeable ones, and the attached base can do it.

6. Control panels can change lighting
    Panels mentioned in (3) can also change the lighting colour/brightness for their effective areas. Allow making dimly lit sleeping quarters or warm kitchen area, etc.

7. Kitchen, sleeping, lounge furniture/decor, base paint
    Allow crafting better foods (perhaps that give buffs/feed much more), sleeping to heal and pass time and autosave, lounge to relax and bask in the awesomeness of your base. Also customise insides of base in order to colourcode/designate areas as well as lighting. Also painting outside of base like the cyclops.

10. Surface Vehicle.
    Something like a hybrid speedboat/jetski. Solar powered so it only drains power during the night and recharges itself. Allows semi-safe very fast travel but only above water, obviously. Still able to be snatched up and insta-killed by the big buggers. Hovercraft maybe? Would be awesome to have a dock for it so that you can dismount, stand on the dock, then take the elevator (18, below) or ladder down into your base. Would make an excellent surface level for a base, a blinking light/beacon on top would be awesome to find it at night. Possibly a bubble with a door that automatically opens when you approach, so that it's protected from 13 below.

18. Elevator.
    Would work great with the pressurisation mentioned at 3. Elevator pressure changes to match the floor it's travelling to, foregoing the need for airlocks and upgrading nicely from ladders. Also allow very fast travel to surface without suffering the bends (which I think is planned).

21. Airlocks/draining rooms.
    The base hatches are really rather silly (unless they're on the bottom, like the life pod), so I imagine you guys already have something else in mind down the road. Basically a flooded room for your base, you swim in, close the door, the water drains and pressure matches the attached room. Lights go green, you enter the base. Another welcome variant would be a small, personal moon-pool to simplify and speed up the process for quick entry, as well as add some awesome variety.

These are the best ones, espacially the cyclops dock and elivator
  • ShirazEpicShirazEpic US Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219647Members
    I love 99% of these ideas, the 1% I don't love are ones that would add unnecessary gameplay mechanics that don't add any fun or challenge to the game.
    Whoever spent probably a whole hour to write this forum post you are awesome.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited December 2016
    I got the game yesterday and clocked 14 hours already. Absolutely awesome game full of 'holy crap' moments. I don't think I've found everything yet, so apologies if some of these are already in or being worked on; this is just a list of things I thought would be cool while I was playing. I also apologise if these have been mentioned elsewhere by others, it's very late and I don't have time to read the whole forum to check each idea, haha.

1. Crafting Branches.
    You don't make silicone out of quartz, as far as I know. Instead, dig sand, use sand to make silicone, use silicone to make glass. Also lead is probably gonna be its own resource in the world, but if it's not, make it so. Making lead out of copper and silver is silly.

?? You don't make lead out of copper and silver. You harvest it directly.

You didn't explore the wrecks by the lifepod signals? There's battery and power cell charging fragments in them, as well as other stuff

5. Cyclops Hangar.

You change the name, color etc from the starboard (right hand when facing forwards) control panel - there's two, one to do that and one to control interior / exterior lighting.

You didn't build the vehicle modification station in your moonpool, did you? Controls are there, and they're similar to the Cyclops ones. Also there's a mini-fabricator to build upgrades (but, oddly enough, those upgrades must then themselves be upgraded in a separate item modification station, not the vehicle modification station).

Endgame rooms/base attachments that create food and water (and salt) over time, dispensing it into containers inside. It'd be cool if they were rooms you could walk inside and see the machinery working and collect resources.

They have this, find the Water filtration machine blueprints

12. Digger, "Bobbit".
    Similar to the Seaglide. Big drill on the front. Dig into the ground, create tunnels, storage container on it occasionally spawns ore and stuff while you dig. Harder than using terraformer but rewards you with ore appropriate for depth. It'd have to be its own vehicle so you can access its storage, so a small docking bay for your base would be great for it rather than it be left floating nearby. Also handy for smoothing out terrain as it affects smaller spheres than the terraformer.

Terraforming is being completely removed, even base terraforming. Too much of a performance hit for the game.

15. Attractors.
    A light beacon buildable on terrain/base that attracts certain types of fish. (Similar to Angler Fish's lure) Changes colour depending on which fish player wants it to attract. Makes it easier to gather food/water.

Gravsphere almost kind of sort of does this, but for all small objects.

20. Diving Bell.
    Old tech, but if it works, use it. Upgrade the cyclops with a new compartment, then drop a diving bell from it that traps air inside. You swim into it, grab on, then descend as far as it will let you go. Contains a limited supply of oxygen, but water level inside doesn't rise due to replacing with carbon dioxide (it probably would move due to compression rates or something but that level of detail probably isn't needed). Maybe upgrades to a super mega reinforced submersible like they used to explore parts of the Mariana Trench.

Well, you can already dock the Seamoth and PRAWN suit in there...

22. Spotlights.
    Buildable spotlights on terrain and base sides/foundations that illuminate far into the inky blackness around your base, or the base itself. You can rotate and position them however you like, and also control each one's colour and brightness.

They have rather bland spotlights that you can scan and build, they drain way too much power, but do work nicely, and track moving things in the water, but don't have customization options like you wanted, at least not yet.

27. Seeds.
    Allow planting of various flora (especially the creeper vines, I adore how they look) so you can terraform and replace flora, as well as perform underwater farming. Would be nice to get the seaweed and seaweed and corals and OMG COLOURS back after completely reforming an area.

You can do this if you use exterior growbeds (have to find and scan those).

That's about it for now, I'll add more if I think of them. Sorry for the wall of text. The game is absolutely awesome so far, and even if none of these ideas make it in (although it would be pretty great if they did), I'll still love it. Keep up the good work guys.

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited December 2016
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

1. Crafting Branches.

?? You don't make lead out of copper and silver. You harvest it directly.

You didn't explore the wrecks by the lifepod signals? There's battery and power cell charging fragments in them, as well as other stuff

5. Cyclops Hangar.

You change the name, color etc from the starboard (right hand when facing forwards) control panel - there's two, one to do that and one to control interior / exterior lighting.

You didn't build the vehicle modification station in your moonpool, did you? Controls are there, and they're similar to the Cyclops ones. Also there's a mini-fabricator to build upgrades (but, oddly enough, those upgrades must then themselves be upgraded in a separate item modification station, not the vehicle modification station).

They have this, find the Water filtration machine blueprints

12. Digger, "Bobbit".

Terraforming is being completely removed, even base terraforming. Too much of a performance hit for the game.

15. Attractors.

Gravsphere almost kind of sort of does this, but for all small objects.

20. Diving Bell.

Well, you can already dock the Seamoth and PRAWN suit in there...

22. Spotlights.

They have rather bland spotlights that you can scan and build, they drain way too much power, but do work nicely, and track moving things in the water, but don't have customization options like you wanted, at least not yet.

27. Seeds.

You can do this if you use exterior growbeds (have to find and scan those).

The OP was made before a lot of those things were even implemented. July 2015, then it got necro'ed in April 2016 and necro'ed again today xD

Once upon a time, you indeed made Lead out of Silver and Copper, and oooh man I remember how horrifying a life without Battery Chargers was....
  • GriggleGriggle UK Join Date: 2015-07-26 Member: 206409Members
    Well, glad to see a lot of what I suggested got implemented!
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Well, glad to see a lot of what I suggested got implemented!

It's like you predicted the future :P
  • lightbeam33lightbeam33 country walk Join Date: 2016-12-27 Member: 225588Members
    hello I have a biome and creature idea the plant life and minerals is up to the developers

core: located 1000 meters below sea level and is very hot witch makes it a good place to build thermal bases that will look like this: will have fire wisps (below) protecting it from any threat and will be shielded with lava

core creature ideas:

fire wisps: creatures of fire that circle around its prey and will close in to burn it to instantly cook it so it can eat it without getting carcara disease.

any other creatures I will limit for the core so the developers can have a bit more imagination for the core.
  • smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members
    Important:

- Save different Games with Name
    - Craftable Nutrient Blocks
    - Some kind of map function with markable areas still discovered / fog of war
    - underwater stations with own signal - no more beacons needed
    - nameable beacon - still in experimental mode
    - deconstruction of lifepods / wrecks / crafted items
    - more lifepods / wrecks with different equipment / fragments
    - Moon Pool Update - connection with cyclops and moon pool / connection with seamoth and prawn at the same time
    - Usefull Coffee Vending Machine - e.g. regenerates health / water / food
    - Usefull beds - e.g. regenerates some health
    - Useful lab equipment / lab container - e.g. a kind of science update to get more information from flora and fauna
    - create some kind of pheromones to draw fish
    - create some kind of drugs to tame predators like stalker for pets
    - Regeneration of standard material like quarz / salt
    - Regeneration of fish / coralls
    - easier way to get stalker tooth / dead stalker should always leave some tooth
    - discoverable / scannable fragments / wracks of sunbeam
    - If you eat a melon there should stay some seeds
    - seamoth should be visable and not dark with activated lights
    - Usefull observation room
    - drones from scanner room with much wider range
    - bodies / dead people - it's not logical that you are the only survivor but there aren't any dead people
    - fragments allready scanned should not give you titanium

Maybe later:

- Weather system with rain, wind and waves
    - current / steam / underwater vortex
    - methane clathrate areas for energy and crafting material
    - creating drugs with mushrooms to get healthy but stoned
    - more and different alien lifeforms on islands
    - useful function for dead non edible fish like stalker
    - useful function for non edible plants / mushrooms
    - more scannable items / materials from scannerroom
    - signal from empty life pod disppear when discovered
    - scanable small shrimps
    - secret areas and traps in alien stations
    - more explorable islands
    - l-corridor vertical option
  • oh_man1oh_man1 USA Join Date: 2017-05-07 Member: 230316Members
    edited June 2017
    I personally would like the sea emperor prison aquarium to have new fish in it... My reasoning for this is because the place has been there for a very long time and the data entries say that the fish have come down to live there. There should be new fish that are supposedly fish from near the time the place was built and the reason they are still there is because the sea emperor cures the carar from the tank/aquarium, So the fish dont die off and continue reproducing so they dont go extinct. I think that the prison aquarium is a very important part of subnautica and should have different wildlife to make it stand out and to make it more fun to explore and learn about because once you get over the new terrain it will be the same old wildlife and wont have new things to find out.

Poll here: https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/151962/should-the-prison-aquarium-have-a-unique-ecosystem-description-has-reasons-why-its-important#latest
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Another post back from the dead...please avoid necroposting. :)
  • reavenkrystalreavenkrystal Turkey Join Date: 2017-06-07 Member: 231001Members
    edited June 2017
    Hello this is my first ever giving an idea to a game dev team.Because you guys do listen your lovely players thats why i decided to register and give my ideas about the game.Also my enlish is not the best so expect some mistakes :).

Longer Content:
    The story is very good, ending is good.But the end game feels a bit dull.Ending should not be changed.Instead of changing the current ending , you should extend it.For example i feel like earning the trust of the sea empror should be hard.Because she got abused, trapped for so long down there.I think before getting the recipe to cure yourself, she should give you some very hard quests.My idea is add new biomes around to the current map but make them harder and very deep .Add new creatures aroudn to the current map that cannot be avoidible by cyclops silent running mode make player encourage to not go there yet.Add a new submarine that is bigger then cyclops but give that submarine new features that cyclops doesnt have maybe an invisibilty feature that allows you to pass these border craetures between two maps and at these new "out-border biomes" (lets call it like that) there will be the things that sea emperor requested from you to get her trust to get cure from she.Thats my suggestions for extending the game.

Multiplayer Co-op:
    I know you cannot work on this feature without having a finished/optimized game.But you know... im just saying it :wink:

Salvagable Tech From "Sunbeam":
    In my opinion player should be able to get new techs from "Sunbeam".Maybe cyclops parts.Because if you know what you doing you can build the cyclops in 1 hour.

Making Use Of Current Biomes:
    In my opinion "Koosh Zone", "Dunes", "Crash Field" doesnt have a real purpose to serve.For example "you have to go Kelp Forest to get clusters/stalker teeth/vine samples and you need those materials to craft very useful stuff".The biomes that listed above doesnt have a purpose like that.You go these biomes to only get databanks or scannables and you never go back these zoens again.Maybe adding a specific ores to these biomes might give the player to go there.But maybe you guys already working to fill them if so just ignore this part :blush:

Cyclops Sonar:
    Instead of "3 pulse sonar" pattern make it so consume more power but toggeable (like on/off).

A Recycler:
    Adding a recycler would be aa very good idea.Sometiems people craft things accidently maybe let them recover some materials from them.

I Saw The DNA Sampler:
    Two days ago i decided to install experimental update(on pc).I saw the "dna sampler" and i got that very cool idea.How about let the player get physical upgrades from fishes/plants.I know that you guys got a detailed information about every scannable things.For example eyeye got "Deep-set rings in the lens suggest specialization in identifying its predators in low-light environments long before they come into attack range." what about let the player get dna from eyeeye and gain this ability.But make it chance based and have a cooldown so player would not be able to spam it to get the ability if they do spam make them loose health.I would like to see this feature so badly in game.It will add a whoel new gameplay to the game.

Weather:
    Its not necesary but adding weather to the game would add a lot of atmosphere.

Bed Rework:
    As smellslikebleach posted above.When you sleep you should regenerate health.

I hope anyone from team reads this.I spent my time to write it.Writings above is not a single day idea i actually thought about them for weeks.Hopefully you can consider these and make these words become true.Keep up the cool work guys we all love you im out.
  • wulfwynwulfwyn Join Date: 2017-06-06 Member: 230971Members
    Just to add some more ideas:

1. Some form of a mapping system. I know that there has been some concern about a mapping system making the game too easy. The way that I was thinking this could be implemented without making the game too simple would be to combine the local scanned area maps from all base scanners into your PDA. You couldn't get a full map without having a ton of bases with scanners. This could also have the side affect of prolonging the game, since resource gathering for base construction would increase.

2. Some form of transportation between bases. I don't care if it's a manual form of connecting long tubes for special inter-base transport, or harnessing alien portal technology to create special portal rooms that are connected to another bases portal...Some form of automatic transportation (whether instantaneous or with a time delay) would be nice. Probably set as an endgame mechanic with heavy energy costs to both base power supplies.

3. Why do signal coordinates from the storyline take up inventory slots? I mean, can't your futuristic PDA store each location in it's databanks without having to waste an inventory slot? Can't we just store them all in the ping manager tab with the beacon signals?
  • oh_man1oh_man1 USA Join Date: 2017-05-07 Member: 230316Members
    wulfwyn wrote: »
    Just to add some more ideas:

1. Some form of a mapping system. I know that there has been some concern about a mapping system making the game too easy. The way that I was thinking this could be implemented without making the game too simple would be to combine the local scanned area maps from all base scanners into your PDA. You couldn't get a full map without having a ton of bases with scanners. This could also have the side affect of prolonging the game, since resource gathering for base construction would increase.

2. Some form of transportation between bases. I don't care if it's a manual form of connecting long tubes for special inter-base transport, or harnessing alien portal technology to create special portal rooms that are connected to another bases portal...Some form of automatic transportation (whether instantaneous or with a time delay) would be nice. Probably set as an endgame mechanic with heavy energy costs to both base power supplies.

3. Why do signal coordinates from the storyline take up inventory slots? I mean, can't your futuristic PDA store each location in it's databanks without having to waste an inventory slot? Can't we just store them all in the ping manager tab with the beacon signals?

I agree with all of these but dont mind if the 1st and 2nd ones arent added but the 3rd one definitely should be added in my opinion.
  • DragoWhoovesDragoWhooves UK Join Date: 2017-05-30 Member: 230836Members
    Important:

- Moon Pool Update - connection with cyclops and moon pool / connection with seamoth and prawn at the same time
    - Useful lab equipment / lab container - e.g. a kind of science update to get more information from flora and fauna
    - bodies / dead people - it's not logical that you are the only survivor but there aren't any dead people

Maybe later:

- scanable small shrimps

these are all good ideas
  • oliverlord78oliverlord78 Brasil Join Date: 2017-06-25 Member: 231350Members
    It would be interesting

1- Some kind of intelligent life.
    2- To be able to build submarines larger than the .....
    3- Submersible platform for ship building that offers other plans, besides possibility to land in oceans too!
    4- Construction of some kind of jetsky or speedboat.
    5- Use a companion, a pet to accompany us in vehicles, and live at the base with us.
  • EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    I would susggest not reviving dead threads again and again. Please, let this one rest in peace
  • MuovipulloMuovipullo Join Date: 2017-03-24 Member: 229158Members
    Important:

- underwater stations with own signal - no more beacons needed
    - nameable beacon - still in experimental mode
    - deconstruction of lifepods / wrecks / crafted items
    - more lifepods / wrecks with different equipment / fragments

Maybe later:

- scanable small shrimps

I mostly support all of this except mapping system and regenerating health from Coffee Vending Machine, it's more like decoration. Dead bodies are also quite useless, I mean they are almost certainly been eaten. And you should get 0-2 titanium from allready scanned fragments.

I definitely agree with other ideas.
    Nutrient Block fabricating recipe should be medium hard to do. Not too easy, not too hard. Like 1 marblemelon, 1 lantern fruit, 1 chinese potato or something like that. Or just like 4 peepers, you got the point..
  • dogfacesoldierdogfacesoldier U.S. Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231376Members
    a couple ideas

1. a touch screen for the fabricator i mean if you travel light years away a touch screen is not to far fetched. lol

2. more room options like square and octagon. or a system where you places floor shape down or multiple shapes together then the walls and ceiling. would cost more resources but would be more individually customized. also while on building maybe make it so the glass i corridors can have a up pipe put on top of them.

3. A map that has a fog over it till you explore the area.

4. a pack system for more storage then the bladder floats would be needed. to keep you floating the more you put in your suit and pack.

5. a character health system the more you swim the more abuse you can take from dangerous animals and plants, the more you use powered equipment the weaker you endurance to dangerous animals and plants you become.