[EXPLOIT] Unlimited Free Camera Drones w/ purchase (Scanner Room) [32660]

Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
edited May 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Each time you construct a Scanner Room, you get two Camera Drones. This can be exploited to create an unlimited number of drones without spending resources.

1: Build a Scanner Room
2: Move the Camera Drones to your inventory
3: Deconstruct the Scanner Room
4: Rinse and Repeat as desired

Possible Solution: Scanner Room construction should not include Camera Drones

Comments

• KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
    Bumping cause it's been a year and this bug still exists.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    KuBaN wrote: »

This is not a bug. This is a choice the developers made, and it is a choice at least some of us are quite happy with.

Why am I happy? Think about it this way... You want to move your scanner room by deconstructing it. Currently, even if you are missing one or more camera drones, you can freely deconstruct the scanner room and get all your materials back. However, if they decided to require you to have all your camera drones in place, then when you went to deconstruct the scanner room, you would have to first replace one or more camera drones.

Personally, I don't want to have to replace the camera drones to deconstruct it.

This is not a multiplayer game where there is some game winning advantage that will benefit the player who decides to exploit the unlimited camera drones. If you don't want to take advantage of this, then don't.

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    garath wrote: »

This is not a bug. This is a choice the developers made, and it is a choice at least some of us are quite happy with.

Why am I happy? Think about it this way... You want to move your scanner room by deconstructing it. Currently, even if you are missing one or more camera drones, you can freely deconstruct the scanner room and get all your materials back. However, if they decided to require you to have all your camera drones in place, then when you went to deconstruct the scanner room, you would have to first replace one or more camera drones.

Personally, I don't want to have to replace the camera drones to deconstruct it.

This is not a multiplayer game where there is some game winning advantage that will benefit the player who decides to exploit the unlimited camera drones. If you don't want to take advantage of this, then don't.

Yeah but... it's a bug. An annoying bug. It doesn't make any sense ingame and ruins immersion.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members

Yeah but... it's a bug. An annoying bug. It doesn't make any sense ingame and ruins immersion.

I remember when Medical Kit Fabricators originally created a new Kit upon being created. I could stock up on infinite Kits by deconstructing one partially and then completing it again, and being granted a new kit every time. Eventually UWE squashed this exploit by making the MKFs work like the one on Lifepod 5 - after being created it takes 30 minutes real time to dispense one. I think eventually they'll fix it so that it you can't generate free drones from a Scanner Room - how else are you getting more drones from the same set of ingredients, if the mass keeps dwindling? Although... given the current exploit someone pointed me to about free fresh batteries from the Floodlights, who knows when (or if) it will be changed. :lol:
    As far as I know, the only way to solve this issue is to absolutely stop allowing the player to deconstruct the Scanner Room at all. Can you imagine all the player complaints they'll get from players if they did that? I doubt they'll make any changes to this.
  • GimboidGimboid France Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214956Members
    As far as I know, the only way to solve this issue is to absolutely stop allowing the player to deconstruct the Scanner Room at all. Can you imagine all the player complaints they'll get from players if they did that? I doubt they'll make any changes to this.

Or, just make it that you have to make the camera drones separately, and the scanner room does not come with them. A bonus would be that it would introduce them to the fabricator in the scanner room at the start. If you move it, you keep your deployed drones, easily sorted.
    edited May 2017
    Gimboid wrote: »

Or, just make it that you have to make the camera drones separately, and the scanner room does not come with them. A bonus would be that it would introduce them to the fabricator in the scanner room at the start. If you move it, you keep your deployed drones, easily sorted.

Excellent idea.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    Although... given the current exploit someone pointed me to about free fresh batteries from the Floodlights, who knows when (or if) it will be changed. :lol:

That will be changed, the devs plan on making it so that floodlights rely solely on base power and are to be used in conjunction with bases, they plan on removing the battery part of the model I believe. It's on the trello just gotta look around for it.
  • xm234xm234 Poland Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229207Members
    The best idea would be to make the camera drones "not included", when building a scanner room. Having to place the drones back in the charger could be really annoying, as Stalkers steal them immidiately. (they don't like beeing stalked it seems :D)