more EXPLORATION, DISCOVERY and RESEARCH

Toha_BangBangToha_BangBang Join Date: 2017-02-01 Member: 227516Members
hey i just signed in. i LOVE this game. its amazing. i especially like that the game makes me curious .. about what i find next.. either a new blueprint for my base (there should be more, different ones.. i mean 3 types of regular plant pots but the multipurpose room has to be circular? .. really?... more shapes and stuff PLEASE) or a new biome or a new living thing.
i think the best aspect of this game is the DISCOVERY OF NEW THINGS. at first i was like OMG another new awesome creature (of those should be more as well. large and small, peaceful and aggressive). but then i just caught the peeper or whatever the creature was(mostly little fish) and i could cook some food out of it. that was it. meh.
i think there should be more focus about discovery and research.
long story short... id really like that the scanning of a creature gets me more benefits than just a encyclopedia entry. some should be poisonous, some should be beneficial. and i should kinda find that out through a lab or studying that creature. id really love if you could actually USE the microscope and lab equipment (that is at the moment only decoration).
i wanna find out more of the behaviour of the creatures.. about their habits.. locations where they may have their nests... when they are agressive.. and maybe when they are not.
anyways
just was here to leave you guys with some thoughts.. dont know if anyone actually reads this here.. of the developers.. or community.. but ill check back later to see some replies

Comments

• Toha_BangBangToha_BangBang Join Date: 2017-02-01 Member: 227516Members
    im sorry i think this should have rather gone into ideas and suggestions.. i dont think there is a way to delete the post and repost it.. SORRY
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Well since it is here - it would really be great to have more motivation to revisit already discovered biomes - to build more bases and study more things within the existing world.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Welcome to the forum and community! I have to agree on all points, but I believe much of it is being worked on. I know there were some speculated changes on stalker behavior at the most recent update and the transfuser is supposed to, I think, grant the ability to make serums and stuff when it comes out. Here's to hoping!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    im sorry i think this should have rather gone into ideas and suggestions.. i dont think there is a way to delete the post and repost it.. SORRY

Page @Foxy and say please.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Ta daaaaaaaaaa
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Foxy wrote: »
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Ta daaaaaaaaaa

And don't forget to say:

Thanks @Foxy
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    I agree Ive wanted to build a lab in the game and currently its nothing but a waste of stuff that can be used elsewhere, the game is kinda dying down in my thoughs, but is still the best survival game ive ever played even before release.

i have no problem waiting for Xbox One silent running though, it looks like so much fun.
  • FrunobulaxFrunobulax New Hampshire Join Date: 2017-05-15 Member: 230523Members
    I have to agree. Subnautica is AWESOME, I love it so much, what I want most of all is... MORE! I haven't even finished the game or explored every area, but I accidentally got a glimpse of the map and I thought "Darn... That's all?" The game is so amazing, I would welcome more "depth" (ha) , more places to explore, more regions, a bigger map, more stuff to research, bigger rooms to build, and so on. Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be Captain Nemo, so I would love to see more underwater discoveries - ancient cities, perhaps even races, all that kind of stuff. Just... more, more, more! :-)
  • Chris9183Chris9183 Join Date: 2017-05-15 Member: 230526Members
    I agree that it would be nice to have reasons to revisit biomes other than harvesting.
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    Frunobulax wrote: »
    I have to agree. Subnautica is AWESOME, I love it so much, what I want most of all is... MORE! I haven't even finished the game or explored every area, but I accidentally got a glimpse of the map and I thought "Darn... That's all?" The game is so amazing, I would welcome more "depth" (ha), more places to explore, more regions, a bigger map, more stuff to research, bigger rooms to build, and so on. Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be Captain Nemo, so I would love to see more underwater discoveries - ancient cities, perhaps even races, all that kind of stuff. Just... more, more, more! :-)

Everything said here would mean another 1l2 a year or more on v1.0 but would be so good, I'd be willing to wait for all of it (except the "races" part of it, I like the feeling of loneliness on a water filled hell)