Sandstone/limestone textures!

beyondanytherapybeyondanytherapy Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227937Members
Wow, did I totally miss a note on the trello about that? I started a new game the other night and nearly screamed with joy when I realized I could tell the difference between sandstone and limestone easily!

It is such a small change, but dang it made me so very happy!

Comments

• SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members
    it's actually quite an old change, it was added about a week before the latest update release in experimental
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    I agree. They are quite beautiful. They are relatively recent. Not sure how someone can say they are an old change and then say they were added just a few weeks ago. Crazy!
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    Its a nice quality of life improvement, because I don't have to 'avoid scanning sandstone so I can tell the difference with the scanner popup'. Now they look different and I'm good to go.
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    Also vasalt and probably obsidian
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited May 2017
    Basalt...

B)

(anybody else having trouble with the html color coding?)
  • luxidopteraluxidoptera Join Date: 2017-05-16 Member: 230551Members
    Obsidian hasn't gotten a new model yet, and I have to question why. The update hit all the other nodes at the same time, making the fact that obsidian was left out quite curious. Maybe they just ran out of time, I'unno.
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Basalt...

B)

(anybody else having trouble with the html color coding?)

Yeah I noticed the typo, stupid edit timer wouldn't let me fix it....

Do you mean hexadecimal colors?
    REVENGE!
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    edited May 2017
    Obsidian hasn't gotten a new model yet, and I have to question why. The update hit all the other nodes at the same time, making the fact that obsidian was left out quite curious. Maybe they just ran out of time, I'unno.

Probably because obsidian is a really late-game resource and most people won't need to bother with harvesting the resources from it. Considering it only contains diamond (which is used in only a few recipes) it might only receive changes when it receives a new resource you can harvest from it (or when diamond becomes more useful and/or rarer to obtain outside of obsidian nodes).

Or (for the same useless diamond reason) it is planned to be scrapped.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    scubamatt wrote: »
    I don't have to 'avoid scanning sandstone so I can tell the difference with the scanner popup'.

I did that too.