Beginner Questions

2»

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    FYI, the way thermal works:
    1) Build a Thermal Plant in a hot area (it might burn you, that's ok, bring a few medkits and use as needed, just don't stand right in the lava of course) -- now, this part is important, do not build the Thermal Plant on a foundation, build it right on the ground (you might have to fish for a good spot, it will turn green when you find it).
    2) Build a Power Transmitter next to the Thermal Plant, you'll see the blue line connecting from the Thermal Plant to the Transmitter, get as far out as you can with the blue line still connecting. This one won't be able to go far, as you're limited by the range of the Thermal Plant.
    3) Build another Power Transmitter. This one will have a lot more range, as the range is from transmitter to transmitter (about 100m or so) until the final Transmitter is within 100m of the base, where you'll see the blue will connect both to the previous Transmitter / Thermal Plant, as well as to the base.

Hope that helps a bit! (:
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    (I smiled when I checked the link to the 'Bolt Hole' video. Its almost an exact copy of my minimalist base I posted in June of 2016. I'm pleased to see that microbases are still useful.)