Feedback since returning a couple of weeks ago and post Silent Running.

MichloMichlo Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, US. Join Date: 2016-09-10 Member: 222215Members
Greetings.

I like this game overall else I wouldn't have sunk (pun intended) 261 hours into it.

The developers have done a fantastic job of giving us an atmospheric, gorgeous undersea world to explore.

That said, of course, there is always room for improvement and whilst these are merely my own observations and opinions, I know some are shared by others and I know that our feedback is sometimes taken into consideration. Some of this I was planning on giving anyway, simply from my recent return but now, I've added Silent Running feedback.

* I like the new animation for boarding/disembarking from the Cyclops.
* The new HUD looks rather slick.

* I would like the option of still being able to see the Cyclops power levels in my HUD.
* I like the new icons but would like the option to include numbered levels on the icons.
* I would the like option to shrink HUD icons/scale the HUD.
* The sound of small fish impacting the Cyclops needs to be reduced.
* I would like Cyclops critical data displayed on HUD in camera view, i.e. depth and power levels.

* I've only played for a couple of hours since the patch and I'm already fed up of repairing the Cyclops. It defies logic that something built to withstand the pressure at the depths it can reach can be so easily damaged by fauna. Anything less than leviathan-sized should be shrugged off. I doubt I'll be playing much until this is toned down.

Reported in-game and also listed here:

Bugs:
* Can still see furniture from far away and through walls. I'm astonished that this one is still here. It is a huge immersion breaker.
* Blueprint bugs, such as 2/3 on Cyclops status yet I have all three parts in the list itself (and have built). Also, items found in the new boxes near Lifeboats such as swim charge fins show up on the blueprint list after being discovered but do not show up in Fabricator options.
* Hitting ESC from camera view causes one to freeze until clicking.
* Tools not recharging from swim fins.
* Twice when accessing Cyclops batteries, I fell through to the top of the ship. I was not flagged as being underwater so could not swim back in until I jumped from the Cyclops and hit the sea bottom, at which point I was damaged but correctly flagged as being underwater.

And finally, I know it has been discussed and I know we once had it in the game but we need it back - MAPS.

It makes no sense whatsoever that at the technology level of this species, with equipment which can already display terrain, and with an emphasis on exploration, we wouldn't be able to build maps.

Please do not bother responding with all of the reasons why YOU do not want it. The best games offer the most options for the most people. This should be something we can build and then those who don't wish to can forego it.

Cheers.

Comments

• scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    edited April 2017
    Good news! The second part of bug #2 doesn't seem to be a bug, @Michlo. :) The charge fins are part of the Modification Station, not the fabricator. So although you have the blueprint, if you don't have a mod station, you don't have the means to make them yet. Whenever you have a live blueprint but can't seem to make it, that's usually the case. Of course, it is a new update, so new bugs can crop up, so it's worth double-checking. :)
  • WeyrmanWeyrman Brisbane Australia Join Date: 2016-06-22 Member: 218913Members
    Obviously I must be quite stupid as I can't find where to start a new topic so I'll add my feedback here: I don't like the new item background colour in the pda and containers. I find it quite garish and overly bright and would love to get it toned down.
  • GreyfairerGreyfairer Join Date: 2017-04-24 Member: 229937Members
    All your points are well made; I have not given much thought to maps as I tend to use dead-reckoning of a known point be it my pod or a base.

Although damage scaling as to the Cyclops may need adjusting I do think some of the other fauna besides the leviathan and/or the sea dragon should posses the potential to cause damage. If you consider there are fish that eat titanium as well as a few species that are fully armored it would seem reasonable within the time/space of the game they could do some damage. How much and after how long is the point of debate.

Now running into the landscape (as opposed to settling on it) causes damage even in this world so I would think that such damage is reasonable in game and to honest I have see very few people post concerns about damage caused that way.

I am sure a happy compromise will be inbound; somewhere between invulnerable and wet paper bag...

...see what I did there?

• MichloMichlo Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, US. Join Date: 2016-09-10 Member: 222215Members
    Weyrman wrote: »
    Obviously I must be quite stupid as I can't find where to start a new topic so I'll add my feedback here: I don't like the new item background colour in the pda and containers. I find it quite garish and overly bright and would love to get it toned down.

Thank you. :)
    Greyfairer wrote: »
    All your points are well made; I have not given much thought to maps as I tend to use dead-reckoning of a known point be it my pod or a base.

Although damage scaling as to the Cyclops may need adjusting I do think some of the other fauna besides the leviathan and/or the sea dragon should posses the potential to cause damage. If you consider there are fish that eat titanium as well as a few species that are fully armored it would seem reasonable within the time/space of the game they could do some damage. How much and after how long is the point of debate.

Now running into the landscape (as opposed to settling on it) causes damage even in this world so I would think that such damage is reasonable in game and to honest I have see very few people post concerns about damage caused that way.

I am sure a happy compromise will be inbound; somewhere between invulnerable and wet paper bag...

...see what I did there?

Thank you. Again, the hull has to be extremely tough to manage the depths it does so no, not even an armoured shark ought to be able to damage it so easily. They are just giving us busy work because there still isn't that much to do.

Cheers.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Here's an Idea: If it could damage a small vehicle by biting it before Silent running, it can attack the cyclops, but only do scratch damage.

These include: Crabsnakes, Crabsquids, River Prowler, etc