Waterproof locker items keep disappearing

Comments

• OkariDraconisOkariDraconis Join Date: 2017-03-23 Member: 229137Members
    I can confirm this is still happening. Its highly annoying
  • chuggochuggo Join Date: 2017-03-25 Member: 229179Members
    I just got the game and hit this bug. I understand there are apparently other storage options that work but this needs to be fixed nonetheless.
  • GLynn_42GLynn_42 Las Vegas Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229205Members
    I have also experienced this bug, and it made my new save unplayable because it erased some key components. And I'm trying to not spawn stuff in. I have a bad habit of when I cheat once, I cheat a lot. I don't think the erasing has anything to do with distance. Because I was merely a few meters away when I went to get items from the storage, only to find the stuff was gone. I REALLY hope it doesn't do that with items in actual lockers.
  • KluKlu Join Date: 2017-03-28 Member: 229240Members
    Installed yesterday, first play today. Big disappointment to see much of first hour's progress poof away because of bug. Understand early access. Please acknowledge bug. Also curious why New Player Deterrent not hotfixed (not judging).
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    You have to know exactly what's causing the problem to fix it...
  • SkrekkurSkrekkur Join Date: 2017-03-30 Member: 229305Members
    Decided to do a new playthrough since its been a while, started today got 2 of those floating containers, and now consistently everything in them disappears. It seems if I go away from them a little bit and come back they empty out. The rescue pod container seems to be fine.

I have decided to stop playing until a patch comes out.
  • JerrilJerril Join Date: 2016-11-19 Member: 224074Members
    Lockers are OK, both in your base and on the Cyclops. The suitcases are also OK. It's just the floating containers that are wonkydo - it looks something like the contents aren't being written to a permanent cache, so when the cell is unloaded from memory as you swim off, the contents get reset (to nothing).
  • jonnydarkfangjonnydarkfang Glasgow Join Date: 2017-04-11 Member: 229559Members
    This happened to me as well. Just started and was putting lots of resources in storage. Came back to use them and everything was gone! I know now that I shouldn't save resources at the start but I am a bit of a hoarder in these type of games! Loving it so far though, so please, fix this and the frame rate bugs. Thanks!
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    You have to know exactly what's causing the problem to fix it...

I wish they had a way to just temporarily disable the floating lockers. I mean... if they don't work, then why not just disable them.

• bluechippsbluechipps Join Date: 2017-04-13 Member: 229599Members
    edited April 2017
    They probably already have this information since its very easily reproducable, but just in case it helps... I get this in the log any time waterproof lockers delete (or fail to load) all the items inside
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at StorageHelper.TransferItems (UnityEngine.GameObject source, .ItemsContainer destination) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at StorageContainer.OnProtoDeserializeObjectTree (.ProtobufSerializer serializer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at ProtobufSerializer+<DeserializeObjectTreeAsync>c__Iterator41.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception, Object)
    <DeserializeObjectTreeAsync>c__Iterator41:MoveNext()
    CoroutineTask`1:MoveNext()
    SystemExtensions:SafeMoveNext(IEnumerator)
    SystemExtensions:SafeMoveNext(IEnumerator, String)
    UWE.<PumpCoroutine>c__Iterator4:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Just a thought: I came back to Subnautica after giving it a break for about a year and a half. Back then I also always had this bug, so unless it just recently resurfaced, its been there for years... Maybe consider not having waterproof lockers in the game at all until their contents can be saved and loaded? It made me rage quit yesterday after having dumped all my resources into 3 of them, then 2 minutes later they were all empty.
  • CrawmakCrawmak USA Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219814Members
    Yeah, I'm a victim of the black hole waterproof lockers too. My guess? Somehow the new Trashcan mechanics are being used by them.
    I heard people had similar issues with the luggage bags you can find on the Aurora.
    No, this bug dates to before trash can functionality was implemented.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited April 2017
    The first I heard of this bug was from players in experimental, just before the stable release that fixed seamoth/prawn storage to not make extra copies(these extras only appeared in internal data, not in-game). My guess is that they have some shared code, and the fix was done at the shared code, breaking the floating lockers.
    narfblat wrote: »
    The first I heard of this bug was from players in experimental, just before the stable release that fixed seamoth/prawn storage to not make extra copies(these extras only appeared in internal data, not in-game). My guess is that they have some shared code, and the fix was done at the shared code, breaking the floating lockers.

They did fix that bug (storage in PRAWN / Seamoth duplicating)? As several YT streamers won't use them because of the bug (they probably became aware of it right about the time the bug was fixed, lol)
    Just wondering, is there some better place to report bugs or can you guys confirm they do read these? Seems like something they would want to fix if they knew about it.
    Wanting to fix and reallocating resources away from other problems to fix this one, are two different things.
    edited April 2017
    Oh yeah totally understand, but do we have any evidence that they are actually aware of the bug? If so then that's really all we need to know and you can label this whole thread "duplicate" and close/delete it.
    bluechipps wrote: »
    Oh yeah totally understand, but do we have any evidence that they are actually aware of the bug? If so then that's really all we need to know and you can label this whole thread "duplicate" and close/delete it.

It's listed as a "Major Issue", but not "Update Blocking": https://trello.com/c/ROp15kCE/921-45367-waterproof-locker-luggage-bag-not-storing-contents-once-you-leave-area
    edited April 2017
    Awesome thanks, I swear I spent like an hour browsing trello for it ^^

Oh, could it possibly be that the one you linked is not connected to the main one? Different names. That would explain it.

I mean of course it should be on the bugfixing one, I just wasn't aware it existed :)
    Here's the main list, there's like 3 or 4 useful Subnautica Trello boards (hover for link name, might not be same as displayed name, example, "Subnautica Release" is actually "Subnautica Release Bugfixing"): https://trello.com/unknownworlds
  • ell635ell635 UK Join Date: 2017-04-14 Member: 229642Members
    I've had the same problem on Xbox One. Waterproof Locker and Luggage Bags do not keep the stored items.
  • EisenfuchsEisenfuchs Oregon Join Date: 2017-04-17 Member: 229686Members
    It not bug, its a feature. There is a chest hidden on the map where all your items go.
  • KantankerusKantankerus Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229737Members
    According to the bugfix Trello board, this is fixed in the latest experimental build as of 4/18/2017. Testing!
    Seemed to work for me when I tested it just now with [46911]. Nice!
  • DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    Eisenfuchs wrote: »
    It not bug, its a feature. There is a chest hidden on the map where all your items go.

What do you think this is, Skyrim?
    If you don't know, there is a secret room in the game that deposits the bodies of named NPC's who have died.
  • BoddaBodda Join Date: 2017-04-20 Member: 229782Members
    garath wrote: »

I just tested it, it's still happening for me. I put 1 titanium in it and went off about 200-300m from the box, when I came back it was gone. This really sucks as inventory space is a real problem, especially because some inportant items take up 4 slots... PLEASE FIX THIS!
    Bodda wrote: »
    garath wrote: »

I just tested it, it's still happening for me. I put 1 titanium in it and went off about 200-300m from the box, when I came back it was gone. This really sucks as inventory space is a real problem, especially because some inportant items take up 4 slots... PLEASE FIX THIS!

I assume you are still running an older version of the game. Wait a week or two until the next stable release to get the latest version.
    You won't have the fix unless you're running Experimental branch (in the Betas tab in Steam). However, Experimental also means you'll be on the front lines with all of the bugs. Your choice. Unless you're cool with helping out and not being able to play occasionally, stay on Stable branch.
  • dandabdandab Join Date: 2017-04-21 Member: 229813Members
    Just bought the game today, April 20th, 2017. I thought I was going fucking crazy. I thought I'd be smart about gathering my resources early by using these floating supply crates. How wrong I was. The first time it happened, I thought it was my mistake, then after the 2nd time, I thought something was stealing it, or somehow I was able to access the resources remotely when I was building stuff. Third time it happened I closed the game. fucking wasting my time.

Also, I'm not using the beta version of the game so there's that.
  • dandabdandab Join Date: 2017-04-21 Member: 229813Members
    looks like you'll have to get the beta to get the fix.