I have no idea what I'm doing starting this discussion but i am >:)

BEKFASTBOI474BEKFASTBOI474 Signal location uploaded to PDA Join Date: 2017-04-12 Member: 229575Members
Ideas which people probably already suggested.
1. A Seamoth emergency escape system, which could involve a Seaglide concealed under the seat, and having the seat fold up into the back of the Seamoth in question and the player dropping into a small compartment in the hull in which the Seaglide is. And it could also open in much the same way as the Cyclops hull opens when a Seamoth is entering/exiting.
2. I think that the developers should add in the concept submarines like the Manta and Draconis and the other designs of the Seamoth, P.R.A.W.N and Cyclops.

Comments

• EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Why? What would these suggestions add to gameplay, to justify the amount of dev time it would take to do it?
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    EvilSmoo wrote: »
    Why? What would these suggestions add to gameplay, to justify the amount of dev time it would take to do it?

What he said
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    EvilSmoo wrote: »

I second that confusion.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Yeah, like Smoo noted... These wouldn't really add a lot. Like, what would the prototype subs do that the Cyclops doesn't? What would adding this Seamoth Escape thing do that just getting out of your Seamoth and swimming like hell doesn't already do?
  • BEKFASTBOI474BEKFASTBOI474 Signal location uploaded to PDA Join Date: 2017-04-12 Member: 229575Members
    Well, if you were being attacked by something and it was about to destroy your Seamoth you'd probably want a quick getaway, and maybe a smooth one.

When i saw Double j's video on the concept designs i thought that it would be nice to have them in the game - if you haven't seen it go watch it. And i for one like the technology in the subs, P.R.A.W.N. And the bases.

Well, if you were being attacked by something and it was about to destroy your Seamoth you'd probably want a quick getaway, and maybe a smooth one

How can it be smoother than "Press E, get out of the 'moth"? Then swim, and if you have a Seaglide you can pull it out pretty quickly.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    Well, if you were being attacked by something and it was about to destroy your Seamoth you'd probably want a quick getaway, and maybe a smooth one

How can it be smoother than "Press E, get out of the 'moth"? Then swim, and if you have a Seaglide you can pull it out pretty quickly.

That's what I do. :)

"Okay, shark's eating the Seamoth...time for plan B. Scooty Puff Junior, do your thing!" [E], [2], and away I go on my Seaglide.
  • BEKFASTBOI474BEKFASTBOI474 Signal location uploaded to PDA Join Date: 2017-04-12 Member: 229575Members
    But what about the people who have slow reaction time and their Seaglide is in their inventory
  • GawainGawain Join Date: 2016-11-13 Member: 223846Members
    Those are destined to drown :-)
  • Aviator1945Aviator1945 Appleton, WI Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225904Members
    edited April 2017
    But what about the people who have slow reaction time and their Seaglide is in their inventory

We call this 'natural selection'. The stupid and unprepared are most likely going to die. Also it's really quite easy to escape, even by swimming.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Um.. thought when the Seamoth was destroyed, it just dumped you outside amidst all the debris?

Like once a Leviathan grabs you, it usually roars and showboats before trashing it, so you can pop out and run then.
  • DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    But what about the people who have slow reaction time

I doubt someone has a reaction time that is longer than the entire animation of being attack by a Leviathan.
    and their Seaglide is in their inventory

Generally, if your seaglide is in you inventory then it is on the hot bar.
  • GawainGawain Join Date: 2016-11-13 Member: 223846Members
    DarthOmnis wrote: »
    Generally, if your seaglide is in you inventory then it is on the hot bar.

Maybe it's too hot ;)