Bigger/Better Water Base ? <--- just fix it

DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
edited April 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
it's me... minecraft guys sayin'... we have a lot of furniture like table, bench, bed 1 or water filtration... but can we have a bigger base like... you can build the default multipurpose room but u also can build the big one! because i want to REALLY decorating my base but sadly... not enough space... i want to put my water filtration system on my like... food and water room but i can't... so i just put my coffe vending machine.... developer... if u want, thats fine... but its not... thats also fine... because hey you da developer and this is just suggestion... so just sayin' ... (no offense or bad puns intended(probably a little puns and kittens))

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    why do you use so many ellipses

Anyways so you're suggesting a bigger multipurpose room?
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    why do you use so many ellipses
    It's one of two things:
    1. Buy One, Get Two Punctuation deal.
    2. He stole your punctuation. ;)
    Anyways so you're suggesting a bigger multipurpose room?
    I think so. We'd need @Kouji_San to do his mystical translation trick to be sure, but I read it the same way. Could've sworn we've had a few threads on that very subject.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    That's the vibe I'm getting as well from these thrown together words :D
  • DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
    ima not english guys... so dont mock me... (u can mock me, thats fine) i just want to decorate my base.. but dont have enough room in the multipurpose room or any base.. just that.. just want to decorate and feel like home, not just a shelter from da dreaded reaper leviathan... just that, anyways ok... bye
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    It makes sense, @DavidXlte01234. More than a few others have been asking for larger rooms as well. The current hope is that they might show up post-V1.0 release. :)
  • DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
    edited March 2017
    yep...... maybe add like different type like... small one (the one we have), medium and large... something like that... probably add base shield? so our base cacn't repidly destroyed but its need power? replacement for the reinforcement.. stronger but needs a heck of alot of power... i think... and the reinforcementl is just for the hull or for emergency like losing power for the shield.... your choice, developer
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2017
    ima not english guys... so dont mock me... (u can mock me, thats fine) i just want to decorate my base.. but dont have enough room in the multipurpose room or any base.. just that.. just want to decorate and feel like home, not just a shelter from da dreaded reaper leviathan... just that, anyways ok... bye

We're not mocking you, it is however a bit hard to decipher what you are talking about sometimes. We're just a bunch of sarcastic bastards, it's all in good fun ;)

But that's why I'm here, I can apparently decipher oddly written English pretty easily for the rest on this forum. Must be that Dutch <-> English thing I do almost constantly :D

Anyway,

Ttat base shield is a neat idea, kinda like Startrek energy based shields to go even further into the depth, beyond what the materials can handle. Relying solely on power output. Could be nerve wrecking as well, if you happen to run out of power somehow! And yeas, i'm all for bigger and more customizable rooms
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited March 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »

We're not mocking you, it is however a bit hard to decipher what you are talking about sometimes. We're just a bunch of sarcastic bastards, it's all in good fun ;)

But that's why I'm here, I can apparently decipher oddly written English pretty easily for the rest on this forum. Must be that Dutch <-> English thing I do almost constantly :D

Anyway,

Ttat base shield is a neat idea, kinda like Startrek energy based shields to go even further into the depth, beyond what the materials can handle. Relying solely on power output. Could be nerve wrecking as well, if you happen to run out of power somehow! And yeas, i'm all for bigger and more customizable rooms

Subnautica's technology's do have common sence behind them so why would a sea base need a plasma or partial shield, last time I checked there were no "sharks with freeking lasers attached to their heads" ingame.
    A electric defence system like the seamoth or some sort of blinding light could work just fine.

Also was english a hard language to understand? I'm just curious
    edited March 2017
    No English was when I was a pup on TV all the time with cartoons and other English programs. I learned it from TV and later in highschool, which was too damn easy, because I already could speak and write English fluently... English is also a heck of a lot simpler compared to Dutch or German as well.

Nowadays I see kids watching dubbed Dutch cartoons, such a loss for them... I've met a lot of tweens up to ~22 year olds who simply cannot or barely speak English, a very sad development :(

The Dutch 80ties kids and 90ties teens age groups have a lot more English peeking peeps than any other age group and the Dutch are kinda multi-linguistic with mostly German, English and to some extent French and Spanish (not me for them last two, I can understand a word or two but that's it :D)
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Nowadays I see kids watching dubbed Dutch cartoons, such a loss for them... I've met a lot of tweens up to ~22 year olds who simply cannot or barely speak English, a very sad development :(

Sorry for straying offtopic here...

You get dubbed cartoons and films nowadays? That is indeed kinda sad.

I always liked the fact that the Dutch people grew up learning english while watching TV.

edited March 2017
    Even worse is that they only have a handful of voice actors and they mostly dub cartoons and kids shows . Sponge Bod, Duck tales and Lilo and Stitch are quite good though, those Dutch voice actors are beastly. But it's still Dutch, original > all most of the time!

It's not as bad as ie: Germany where they dub absolutely EVERYTHING!!! They also suffer from the same voices all over the place :D
    well... shut the eff about language and focus on dis game.... add aggresive water animal too? so the shield or the reinforcement is now have a use? because we only have sandshark and reaper levi and stalker... they attack you but not attacking your bases..... make bases seems like its have a use... to protect from aggresive (water) animals so, you need the reinforce it with shield... kinda like the new cyclops shield... maybe with the same animation... :open_mouth:
    + i don't care with my life... i do whatever i think its right... life is just like game.... its all coded out by the developer (god or yourself) and the developer is making a humagous code just like normal game... and we... the main character is the one who pick the code... you can pick the red or da blue... its up to you... and when the game is finished.... and we "GAME OVER", at least we "GAME OVER" in a good ending.... so thats why i use many ellipse....
    So, any suggestion? I'm out
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    More than just a bigger multipurpose room, we could use some differently sized and shaped rooms that can be given a sort of "theme". Like my 5-story multipurpose complex has 4 levels of alien containment (translation: big fish tank where I grow my meals) with my bedroom on top, so I can look down at my dinner and gloat (kidding, it just looks cool). In the bedroom are a coffee table and chairs, all my posters, and a panoramic view from three adjacent glass windows. To do a lunchroom like the OP is suggesting that contains food/drink storage, a coffee machine, a vending machine, some tables and chairs and so on in a multipurpose room is a bit difficult without making it cramped and unattractive.

So basically I am seeing this as the "base building thread".

P.S.: DavidXlte01234, we have other punctuation in English, ellipses just make your posts difficult to read.
    Ok.. just mah thing
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Ok.. just mah thing

In English, a ... means a pause. So every time you type in "...", you're inserting a pause in your speaking in our heads, as that's how we use ellipses.
  • FoxNekoFoxNeko Join Date: 2017-04-06 Member: 229458Members
    I would like the ability to combine the rooms to make a big one. Example 4 multipurpose rooms next to each other to make one big room. Instead of the tubing that connects them.
    FoxNeko wrote: »
    I would like the ability to combine the rooms to make a big one. Example 4 multipurpose rooms next to each other to make one big room. Instead of the tubing that connects them.

That would be pretty sweet. Put two in a line and they join into something like the moonpool but with a floor. I'd love to have that.

Doing so should incur a huge Integrity penalty, though; those big, flat surfaces wouldn't be very pressure-resistant.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

In English, a ... means a pause. So every time you type in "...", you're inserting a pause in your speaking in our heads, as that's how we use ellipses.

Well... in indonesian is different because you know, other languange.. so da dotdotdot is for ending a conversation.. single dot, means make another paragraph... but more than a single.. its a stop.. but continuous.. kinda like "," but more longer.... well... at least i understand english... but suck at grammar *sad face*
    FoxNeko wrote: »

Well... can it work with other building like observation deck or etceteraetcetera? That would be cool
    I'm just thinking... lethal weapon... we don't need that because underwater... you cannot shoot a plasma to a water because water is denser than air... so its a waste... but i wonder if developer can make like a futuristing speargun to catch fishes.. like i'm tired to catch them because they are fast... ok thats it... back to the base
    So....now what? Developer?