New MultyPerpers room type

DanteDragneelDanteDragneel Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228777Members
edited March 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
Hello

I just like to suggest what if we can use after finding them that is Mp and moon pool to get a new type of Mp or Mp part blueprints for example we ca build the room we want by building all parts ( walls,floors ex. ) separetly puting them one by one to form the room size we want. Also that can be applay to other blueprints as well

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2017
    Hmm...

39.gif

Lemme try to FTFY

Hello

I would like to suggest that, when we find all the MP (Moon Pool) fragments and are able to build the MP. Instead of having it be the standard MP blueprint/room model, we can research a way to customize the room. Basically creating the layout we want the room to have (walls, floors etc...), to be able to make it the size we want. Also this could be applied to other blueprints as well..

26.gif
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    ... OH! MP IS MOONPOOL! I came in ready to go "Oh for IS THIS ANOTHER DAMN MULTIPLAYER THREAD?!"

Turns out, nope.

Same here!
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Hmm...

39.gif
    Lemme try to FTFY
    Hello
    I would like to suggest that, when we find all the MP (Moon Pool) fragments and are able to build the MP. Instead of having it be the standard MP blueprint/room model, we can research a way to customize the room. Basically creating the layout we want the room to have (walls, floors etc...), to be able to make it the size we want. Also this could be applied to other blueprints as well..
    26.gif

How...how did you...nevermind; I don't want to know. @Kouji_San, typo whisperer.

Thanks to Kouji's...um, translation...I get it now. It's an interesting idea, but in the context of Subnautica, it would be exceptionally difficult to implement, particularly at this late stage of the game's development.

In a game like Fallout 4, the modular approach to construction works just fine; even if things don't line up exactly or are only half-finished by the player, it may look bad but not like the game is broken. But if you only build an odd-sized moonpool, or worse, half a moonpool, you've created all kinds of problems - animations won't work correctly because of collisions or missing actors, docked craft might glitch out because the dimensions aren't what the engine is expecting...everything freaks out. To say nothing of how weird it will look when a wall is missing but the ocean isn't coming in because the moonpool is flagged as an interior space. Of course, you could make that, dynamic, too, but that's even more work, possibly even engine-level tweaks.

Net-net: way too little gain for a whole lot of work.
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    I think I can interpret...I think...

So you are saying if we build four moonpools adjacent to eachother in a square that we should be able to end up with one massive moonpool with four times the volume?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Hmm...

39.gif
    Lemme try to FTFY
    Hello
    26.gif

How...how did you...nevermind; I don't want to know. @Kouji_San, typo whisperer.

Thanks to Kouji's...um, translation...I get it now.

giphy.gif
  • DanteDragneelDanteDragneel Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228777Members
    I do appologise to all after rereading it do look like a total mess so here is what i meant mp = multyperpes room and by new room i mean a multy perpes room with the size of the moon pool with floor
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    edited March 2017
    Oh, not Moonpool. MULTIPURPOSE.

(It's okay if you made the mistake because English isn't your first language. I understand English spelling is hell to learn)
  • wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    Oh, not Moonpool. MULTIPURPOSE.

(It's okay if you made the mistake because English isn't your first language. I understand English spelling is hell to learn)

Ves, we all are vorm mother Russia, die capitalist pig!

Sarcasm
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Sarcasm?! THIS IS THE INTERNET! NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THAT MEANS!
  • DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
    fishfishfishf!shfishfishfishfishfishfish
  • NickHowler337NickHowler337 Malaysia Join Date: 2017-03-28 Member: 229250Members
    *Looks at title* *Facepalm*