Luggage Bags

JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
These are a 3x3 storage container, similar to the Floating Locker, but can be used indoors more easily. It also appears you can't look inside them until you pick it up and drop it at least once.

Anyone using them? Do they suffer from the same bug as Floating Lockers, contents disappears when saving/loading a savegame?

EDIT: And they can't be put down and accessed on the Cyclops. Only outside and in seabases I imagine.

Anyone ever found anything in them?

EDIT: Luggage Bags appear to suffer from losing items too. Left 2 on Aurora with Ti and water. Went back to Cyclops. Returned to Aurora. All Ti (6?) and water (8?) gone from 2 Luggage Bags. Saved, but continued and did not load.

Submitted a feedback report via F8.

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    I believe so, yes.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    Floating Lockers I used when I started playing July 2016, but not since then as deployed lockers couldn't be picked back up. I was disappointed to have a permanent object stuck in the world. I thought Luggage Bags would be a good substitute, having portable storage but it could be moved. However... it's hard to keep track of what you have, and with 3x3 storage it's not terribly useful.

I've never bothered with using them, but I suppose it would be good for storing bulky items like the Mobile Vehicle Bay, SeaGilde, Stasis Gun or Gravsphere. I thought it would be useful on the Cyclops until I read in your post that they can't be deployed there. Why? :/

You can build seabase devices in the Cyclops, so why wouldn't Luggage Bags be allowed in it also? Conversely, stuff found in the sea (Titanium Ore, Salt Deposits etc) can't be dropped in the base but they also can't be dropped inside the Alien Containment... I can't fathom why this discrepancy exists, and I don't sea why the two similar environments operate so differently... Maybe I'm being too shellfish by wanting this.

...Okay okay, no more puns... :cold_sweat:
  • DracobombaDracobomba Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215502Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    Floating Lockers I used when I started playing July 2016, but not since then as deployed lockers couldn't be picked back up. I was disappointed to have a permanent object stuck in the world. I thought Luggage Bags would be a good substitute, having portable storage but it could be moved. However... it's hard to keep track of what you have, and with 3x3 storage it's not terribly useful.

What? You can totally pick them up. Did you try approaching from the underside before clicking on it, similar to the Mobile Vehicle bay?
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    Dracobomba wrote: »
    What? You can totally pick them up. Did you try approaching from the underside before clicking on it, similar to the Mobile Vehicle bay?

Well, back in July 2016 you could not pick them up after deploying them. And believe me I tried every angle and completely empty lockers. I have not constructed any since then, so either it was a bug that has since been fixed, or a glitch just on my PC. Regardless, I don't see them as useful, sadly. :(
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    I've been able to pick up Floating Lockers since late August - early September 2016. Problem with them is that you can't put them down in seabases, only outside and in Lifepod 5. I use to use them a lot, but now I've really cut back. Only made one in my new game this week and abandonned it once I discovered items just disappear when put in them and then the game saved and then reloaded.