Koosh Zone rename

DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    well thats fucking stupid

i like the name "koosh zone"
  • PauoloPauolo France Join Date: 2016-03-13 Member: 214187Members
    edited March 2017
    Considering all the shades of blue in that biome, why not Deep Blue Garden?

For the plant, I propose Blueberry Bushes, because misnomers are fun. :p
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    I was wondering about that. Alllllrighty...

1. Fluffbush.
    2. Granule Tree/Granule Bush.
    3. Sphereshroom.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited March 2017
    Pauolo wrote: »

I still chuckle at the Chinese Potato plant. Whichever scientist on the Degassi named it apparently didn't have much imagination (really, who has ever seen potatoes that grow on a plant above ground, let alone being native to China?) :D
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    Sphereshroom sounds pretty good to me.
  • DracobombaDracobomba Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215502Members
    That's incredibly hard to come up with.

I don't have a specific name in mind, but maybe something to do with the word "Cerulean"? The small orbs on the side of the bushes, as well as the electricity of the Ampeels, give off that sort of hue, so basing the names around their color is a possibility.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Blue Balls Biome.

From what I know of marine biologists that'd probably be a name they go with. They're not ones for overly technical terms. These are the scientists who name the mating method of flatworms "Penis fencing"
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2017
    Lollipop Polyps

or

Pollips Zone

B)
  • CrimsonAcerCrimsonAcer Wisconsin Join Date: 2015-08-04 Member: 206766Members
    edited March 2017
    Below you will find my names, and research that went into the reasoning behind said names.

Shocking Sands (Possibly fits due to the shockers and the koosh balls giving an 'electric' feel. If they go with this name, I suggest renaming Koosh balls to something like Screaming Fungus or Puffball Fungus)

Screaming Sands (Due to an original concept having the Koosh Bush ward off predators via sound)

Purple Mandrake Depths (Mandrakes are a famous plant that makes noise, and quick note, Mandrake is not copyrighted by Harry Potter, and while people may associate it with that, there is actually a plant in nature, Mandragora officinarum. While it is a land plant, and they don't actually make any sound in real life, they are Hallucinagenic, which is another thing that can play strongly into this, as Mesmers cause auditory hallucinations, and can also be found here in this biome.)

Hopefully I get some support on the names, I worked rather hard on them, and even if I don't oh well. I had fun.

• prototype464prototype464 North Carolina, United States Join Date: 2017-03-16 Member: 228993Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »

I still chuckle at the Chinese Potato plant. Whichever scientist on the Degassi named it apparently didn't have much imagination (really, who has ever seen potatoes that grow on a plant above ground, let alone being native to China?) :D

Not many people realize it, but the Chinese Potatoes satiate more hunger than the Lantern Tree ever could.
    In case anyone is wondering, you can find Chinese Potatoes in one of the abandoned things on top of the two mountains on the island.
    For water, just have a separate interior planter in your cyclops/base with Bulbo trees (found on the gun island), which give quite a lot of water.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »

Not many people realize it, but the Chinese Potatoes satiate more hunger than the Lantern Tree ever could.
    In case anyone is wondering, you can find Chinese Potatoes in one of the abandoned things on top of the two mountains on the island.
    For water, just have a separate interior planter in your cyclops/base with Bulbo trees (found on the gun island), which give quite a lot of water.

Marblemelons are better than both. Just 1 indoor planter, 1 powercell charger and 1 marblemelon and you can stay in your cyclops forever
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited March 2017
    kingkuma wrote: »
    Marblemelons are better than both. Just 1 indoor planter, 1 powercell charger and 1 marblemelon and you can stay in your cyclops forever

Yeah, one indoor planter can eventually nourish 16 marblemelons, which is more than enough to cover food and water needs. It's almost like the pre-nerf lantern fruit.
    Below you will find my names, and research that went into the reasoning behind said names.

Shocking Sands (Possibly fits due to the shockers and the koosh balls giving an 'electric' feel.

I like the alliterative name and that it reference the Ampeel found in the area, really! It's creative and sounds menacing, but... I hate to be 'that guy' though... Sand doesn't conduct electricity, so the sand couldn't really be 'shocking' sadly. :/
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2017

Shocking Sands (Possibly fits due to the shockers and the koosh balls giving an 'electric' feel. If they go with this name, I suggest renaming Koosh balls to something like Screaming Fungus or Puffball Fungus)

Screaming Sands (Due to an original concept having the Koosh Bush ward off predators via sound)

Purple Mandrake Depths (Mandrakes are a famous plant that makes noise, and quick note, Mandrake is not copyrighted by Harry Potter, and while people may associate it with that, there is actually a plant in nature, Mandragora officinarum. While it is a land plant, and they don't actually make any sound in real life, they are Hallucinagenic, which is another thing that can play strongly into this, as Mesmers cause auditory hallucinations, and can also be found here in this biome.)

Hopefully I get some support on the names, I worked rather hard on them, and even if I don't oh well. I had fun.

Would it be possible for you to use "Cyan" (or any other color for that matter) instead of the "Blue" for your font, it's quite difficult for some of us to read on the medium blue background?

B)
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    After giving it some thought, and I'm not saying it's good thought, I'm going to propose Pommel Cactus & Pommel Prairie.

Why:
    1. Koosh bushes sorta look like pommels and with "the root system can fragment the shale rock it grows on to form a deep anchor point", you can sorta make a sword comparison. Also, "pommel" is a funny word.
    2. I always thought koosh bushes were underwater cacti what with the non-accommodating environment they grow in and their high water concentration. I'm still confused that's apparently not their intended equivalent.
    3. If nothing else, I want to see the "zone" part getting rid of. I don't really like the non-descript nature of "zone". It's okay for the Crash Zone because the Aurora defines it and you'd call the place of a crash a Crash Zone, but for natural biomes I prefer something descriptive (this includes the BKZ, but whatevs). "plains", "prairie", we already got a "field" so pref not that, maybe "steppe"; either "plains" or "prairie" has the bonus of alliteration and there's no reason for the Safe Shallows to have the monopoly on that.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue