Should we add more vehicles

mr_manmr_man Join Date: 2017-02-23 Member: 228164Members
I know it would be hard for devs but specifically asking

Comments

• mr_manmr_man Join Date: 2017-02-23 Member: 228164Members
    I think it would be awesome to add them in and out beacause why not and maybe ones you can't even use in the aurora beacause the only vehicles are water based ?????????? Suggesting they knew they were going to crash??!!!?!!?!!????
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    I don't really see the point of land vehicles. You spend like 1% of the game on land and it would be impossible to even drive something on land :/
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    edited March 2017
    Maybe they should add land vehicles that either just sit there, or you could deconstruct for some materials? It would make more sense. Our character not wanting or bothering to build it because it is pointless, but the game having only sea vehicles and a mech, it does seem like we knew we were gonna crash. Vehicles inside or outside the Aurora?
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    I think the "we" is an interesting touch. How much development on SN is this 9-post-wonder-with-no-post-highlight planning to do on vehicles?

That, and I'm wondering what new vehicle need has appeared recently, to require any more vehicles.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    There are already three vehicles. I think that is plenty.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    mr_man wrote: »
    I know it would be hard for devs but specifically asking

AFTER v1.0 hits (it shouldn't be a priority at all, at this point, as we have enough vehicles to get by).
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    I like what we have now, but I think we could do with a water-surface vehicle. Something like a pontoon would be nice, or more importantly making the Mobile Vehicle Bay... well, mobile so it could be ridden on the water. Why does it need a power cell to run when its energy consumption can be handled by a battery?

Alternatively, I'd like to see Lifepod 5 changed so that it can be moved to different locations, like a trailer that can be tethered to the Seamoth. It's a shame that once you've built a seabase, the Lifepod sits neglected after it saves you from certain death. :(
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Be neater if They just gave the Seamoth a way to skim on the surface like a hovercraft.

This would also help immensely when it gets stuck on the broken Aurora deck or the sandbars of the islands.

B)
  • gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
    their is much info suggesting the aurora never intended to land on this planet, yet much of the equipment and vehicles on the aurora suggests that they knew their original destination was a water world yet this sector of space is so post to be unknown/unexplored which is why they were building a phaze gait.
    what if they got to their destination and it was a like earth or a desert planet? the seamoth, and cyclops let alone the vehicle bay would be useless. i dont see any reason they would not have any small surface vessels to ether carry people/equipment quickly short distances, same with land vehicles their should be something similar to an ATV or an UTV let alone something amphibious

so if anything their should have been some sort of land vehicle ether amphibious or not which can be static and unusable like the forklift
    another thing is the giant moonpools in the precursor bases

rh7clnqzl6h7.jpg

ether the precursors were amphibian-ish or had their own subs
  • WommiiWommii Austin TX Join Date: 2017-03-24 Member: 229156Members
    Im all for new vehicles but I also believe that the devs should do some really cool stuff updating current vehicles, something I would really enjoy is Cyclops to Base Docking for charging purposes!! And because it would look cool :wink:
  • god0606god0606 Italy Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223261Members
    I wouldn't mind any of it, something similar to prawn suit that can drive trough the ocean, or even a vehicle that can switch air/water modes would be amazing *-* we could travel trough the air and then just go into the water to explore, adding some dangerous flying creatures in those cases would also be nice.
  • god0606god0606 Italy Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223261Members
    What i can't understand is why do people play this game if they comment "Neither" ... Don't you guys want more things to build, more ways of playing the game and variety of the vehicles to choose from that could matter if your exploration is successful or a complete failure?? Its weird...why do you play something you want to finish too fast...
    edited March 2017
    god0606 wrote: »
    What i can't understand is why do people play this game if they comment "Neither" ... Don't you guys want more things to build, more ways of playing the game and variety of the vehicles to choose from that could matter if your exploration is successful or a complete failure?? Its weird...why do you play something you want to finish too fast...

Not if it means taking time from other more important things...

Like New Biomes; New Creatures; New Items/Tools to Fabricate.

We already have three vehicles that cover all the bases so to speak, adding any more would be more like a luxury item and in my opinion a waste of valuable Dev time.
    B)
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members

Most people are cognizant that if resources are put into creating more vehicles, those cannot be spend on improving the vehicles we already have or adding something else. It's not so much a vote against more vehicles as a vote to spend the resources on different content.

Plus, there's minor history of part of the fanbase being loud about adding all the scrapped submarine designs with a focus on the cool factor and little eye for functionality. Some remember that and have a bit of a kneejerk reaction to any suggestion of more vehicles.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I'm honestly happy with what we have now and don't really feel that I'm lacking in the slightest for vehicles. That said I still want to be able to drive that forklift. Put it in the seamoth docking bay, or cyclops docking bay if we get one, for decoration if nothing else. It'd be pretty cool if you could transfer cargo on pallets though with a larger storage capacity than your inventory and use it to take the pallet to your storage area. Would make unloading the cyclops so much easier.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    I think adding another vehicle at this late date might be too disruptive to gameplay by introducing changes.

If any serious effort was added, I'd like a 2nd vehicle bay added to the Cyclops in its final changes. That way a Cyclops could carry both a Seamoth and a PRAWN Suit.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members

Well, to be honest I think I misunderstood his wording. "Add more vehicles in Aurora" I thought he meant adding vehicles that only operated inside the Aurora (the forklift), and "Add more vehicles outside of Aurora" I thought meant more of what we had already. Rereading it as "Add more vehicles outside of the already existing Aurora" makes more sense, as the Aurora shouldn't be pilotable in any circumstance. I apologize for my mistake. :(

Regardless, I'm all for adding more vehicles! Though to be fair, I don't know what they could add that's different from what we have now. The Seamoth, Exosuit and Cyclops offer different experiences; the only thing we don't have currently is a surface-only vehicle. But a pontoon, Mobile Vehicle Bay or maneuverable Lifepod would cover that easily. :blush:
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Oh, another alternative would be a way to dock the Cyclops with a seabase.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members

There are other things I'd rather build than more vehicles. Glass multipurpose rooms that was discussed some time ago, more complex farm and lab equipment, and cyclops docking bay to name a few things that I'm hoping for at some point.
    Jacke wrote: »
    Oh, another alternative would be a way to dock the Cyclops with a seabase.

There's already a small possibility that that particular request is in an early planning stage for AFTER v1.0 arrives in the Fall.

It's been on the TRELLO board for some time now.
    B)
    or a few sunken precursor vehicles/vessels ether as sunken wrecks and/or we come across one we can hijack
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    or a few sunken precursor vehicles/vessels ether as sunken wrecks and/or we come across one we can hijack

Maybe not hijack, because we don't have that kind of tech. Remember they are aliens, and all we know is how to operate the terminals, and teleporters. But it would be cool and make sense if we found some.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Subnauticas vehicles are unique. The Seamoth is for quick transport around the map and is your primary sub. The Cyclops is more of a tank and is for transporting other vehicles over long distances for further exploration and the Exosuit is for mining, fighting with reapers/dragons and looking VERY cool with the grapple hook. While I would love to see a drive able Precursor Sub or -insert idea here-, I think that we've got enough subs for now.
    Subnauticas vehicles are unique. The Seamoth is for quick transport around the map and is your primary sub. The Cyclops is more of a tank and is for transporting other vehicles over long distances for further exploration and the Exosuit is for mining, fighting with reapers/dragons and looking VERY cool with the grapple hook. While I would love to see a drive able Precursor Sub or -insert idea here-, I think that we've got enough subs for now.

then we need some clarification of why all the equipment on the aurora seems specialized for water worlds/flooded planets and what happened to all the precursors vessals
    edited March 2017
    Right now it seems as if we either knew we were going to crash, or we were going to land on another ocean planet.

(Also is there a way to change a vote? I meant to click both but wasn't thinking and clicked on "Add more vehicles outside of the aurora" when this thread was created.)
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members

then we need some clarification of why all the equipment on the aurora seems specialized for water worlds/flooded planets and what happened to all the precursors vessals

True... We will need an explanation for why Precursor vehicles don't exist. Remember, the Aurora was specially made and equipped to handle 4546B and its watery environment. Everything on board was made for the purpose of underwater construction, exploration and colonization.

True... We will need an explanation for why Precursor vehicles don't exist. Remember, the Aurora was specially made and equipped to handle 4546B and its watery environment. Everything on board was made for the purpose of underwater construction, exploration and colonization.

Where and when does the game explain that?

Where and when does the game explain that?

Which part are you refering to?

Everything on board was made for the purpose of underwater construction, exploration and colonization.

That. Where and when did the game explain that?