Stable updates still don't seem to be fully updating (Markiplier, January update)

0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
edited March 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
See Markiplier here (and practically any other streamer will have run into this at some point, that I've sen anyways):

@ 9:40

Comments

• Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited March 2017
    This isn't a bug. Markiplier played Stable up to this point. A little later in this video, Mark starts playing Experimental just like IGP and JackSepticEye.

If you're talking about the Infected Update, it was delayed until March 2nd. Also, YouTubers upload their videos a day or so after they played due to time spent on video editing.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Phoenix223 wrote: »
    This isn't a bug. Markiplier played Stable up to this point. A little later in this video, Mark starts playing Experimental just like IGP and JackSepticEye.

If you're talking about the Infected Update, it was delayed until March 2nd. Also, YouTubers upload their videos a day or so after they played due to time spent on video editing.

Yes, Mark was on the January stable update, I'm aware. Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the Thermal plant finished in the January update, to include the interior? If so, then you can see the problem.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    Yeah definitely an incomplete download, I was in there just before the update and it was entirely finished.
    edited March 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Yes, Mark was on the January stable update, I'm aware. Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the Thermal plant finished in the January update, to include the interior? If so, then you can see the problem.

That wasn't the Thermal Plant he explored; it was the DRF in the Lost River, which was still missing textures by the March 2nd Update.

Far as I know, not once since I wrote this response has he even entered the Lava Castle in the ILZ, where the Thermal Plant is located.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Hrmmmmm... Maybe I'm mistaken. Coulda swore that Precursor facility was finished in the January update, I'll have to research. Especially considering, if something isn't finished inside in a stable update, the devs block the area off, they don't let you explore untextured areas unless you're in experimental (which he was not when he explored that).
    edited March 2017
    Hrmmmmm... Maybe I'm mistaken. Coulda swore that Precursor facility was finished in the January update, I'll have to research. Especially considering, if something isn't finished inside in a stable update, the devs block the area off, they don't let you explore untextured areas unless you're in experimental (which he was not when he explored that).

I don't know why the devs left their work open for the world to see. They may have been in the middle of working on the DRF when the deadline for the January Update came around. Or it was purely intentional, a sneak preview of what is to come for stable build players? I don't know for sure. But I was playing stable when I found this, and it was open for me to explore the preliminary layout they had.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    edited March 2017
    screwed this one up, ignore this
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    edited March 2017

I don't know why the devs left their work open for the world to see. They may have been in the middle of working on the DRF when the deadline for the January Update came around. Or it was purely intentional, a sneak preview of what is to come for stable build players? I don't know for sure. But I was playing stable when I found this, and it was open for me to explore the preliminary layout they had.

Phoenix the game is EA, expect stuff like that.