Specific batches/cells changed in the Infected Update?

Deoxys_0Deoxys_0 Join Date: 2017-01-21 Member: 227029Members
I'm not a big fan (as brought up in my other threads) of resetting the cells cache folder but I don't mind just removing a few individual cells/batches (which I had to do yesterday due to a spawning issue with the wildlife). However, do I need to do this for the Infected Update in order to get the new stuff? If so, does anyone know the specific batch/cell files that have been changed? I'd rather just delete the ones that have changed (in order to get the new content) than clear the whole folder.

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Hi @Deoxys_0 , I loaded my existing save right after the update and everything new seems to be there. The only potential issue I can see for you is if you have a base where they've put something new, which will result in terrain or objects clipping through your base. So I suggest trying it as-is. Worst case scenario is you have to re-build something to avoid new terrain/scenery.
  • JudgeRhadamanthusJudgeRhadamanthus The Internet Join Date: 2015-10-01 Member: 208246Members
    Be aware that there are tones of small changes and many cells. For example the lifeboat with the Rad suit now has a compass plan and no suit, and its also now in a cute little box thing.

I found far fewer Powers Cells on the Aurora.

There are changes all over and who knows what may cause an issue or even what new coolness you may miss.

N.B - I started anew as always on an update.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    @Deoxys_0 @Sidchicken If you aren't suffering performance drop, you can always just clear CompiledOctreesCache, and not CellsCache, this will clear only the terrain, and not the resources mined. However, if you have the new content loaded successfully, you shouldn't even need to do that.