Weird Green Spots....

KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members
Okay, so, in my new game (which I really had no choice but to make thanks to the Double Update.... I had my P.R.A.W.N, my Seamoth and my Cyclops all in my first world.... but I didn't get deep enough into the ocean to actually explore with it all...) I had been going around and catching up on my scanned creatures. I was out by the Blood-Red grass plains area and I scanned this one Sandshark, and all the sudden this other Sandshark pops up from the sand! However, the one thing that creeped me out was that this Sandshark had these weird green spots all over it. I tried scanning it, but it didn't work.

Then, I was swimming around this wreck I found in that blood grass area and I was almost SWARMED by Biters (thanks to me killing a few so I would stop losing health) and there was one with the exact same green spots as the Sandshark had! I tried scanning it as well, but it still didn't work!

Next, when I was at the Aurora and after scanning one of the cave crawlers there (which actually and legitimately attack you now, thanks to the Double Update) I found another one with green spots on it as well. Once again, no success in scanning it.

What the heck is with the green spots? Are these, like, mutated creatures or what? If I get attacked and harmed by the creatures that have the green spots on them, would I die instantly or something? (I also have yet to see Levi with those green spots! I'm freaked out by creatures with green spots, and Levi scares me enough, but it would be cool to see him with green spots!)

Comments

• ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    XB1S Freedom; Opinion, the fauna with the 'green spots' have the advanced stage of the Cara? bacterial infection.
    I have been able to scanned infected creatures because I haven't scanned that type of fauna previously.
    However, I don't know if the Scanner tool or PDA can or will be able make or remark upon the distinction between early onset or advanced infections. The PC version of SN allows self scanning to advance the storyline.
    Oh no, I'm infected too?
  • jiveturkeyjiveturkey Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228424Members
    Does this mean the infected update came out for xbone? Twitter hasn't updated.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Those are the infected, though the green spots were present in the previous update on pc.
  • KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members
    NoZero wrote: »

I haven't looked at the thing yet, but is that update for the PC or for the Xbox One? Cuz, all we got was the Precursor and the Coffee update.
    jiveturkey wrote: »

Nothing has updated and I haven't gotten jack-all in my email or from Twitter. All I've seen is in the forums here and I can't tell if it's for PC or Xbox One.
    Shotout wrote: »
    XB1S Freedom; Opinion, the fauna with the 'green spots' have the advanced stage of the Cara? bacterial infection.
    I have been able to scanned infected creatures because I haven't scanned that type of fauna previously.
    However, I don't know if the Scanner tool or PDA can or will be able make or remark upon the distinction between early onset or advanced infections. The PC version of SN allows self scanning to advance the storyline.
    Oh no, I'm infected too?

The heck is Cara? And storyline?

HOLD EVERYTHING! If this somehow spoils any plot, DON"T SAY ANYTHING cuz I wanna discover plotlines for myself!
  • jiveturkeyjiveturkey Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228424Members
    jiveturkey wrote: »

Nothing has updated and I haven't gotten jack-all in my email or from Twitter. All I've seen is in the forums here and I can't tell if it's for PC or Xbox One.

I'm wondering if the OP got lost and went to the wrong forum haha.
    XB1S F;
    I first saw green spots on fauna AFTER the Fri update.
    I noted in a post that same day that all predators and scavengers seemed hyper-agressive.
    I try not to ruin surprises.
    If I respond to a specific issue that maybe a spoiler, I will use the 'paragraph tab' drop down.
    I will be more circumspective going foward.
    The reason I provide information, is inform not ruin someone's suprise.
    I apologize.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Oh no, I'm infected too?

The heck is Cara? And storyline?

HOLD EVERYTHING! If this somehow spoils any plot, DON"T SAY ANYTHING cuz I wanna discover plotlines for myself!

Yup, plot info there.

30bzlsx.jpg
    WOW ; ME LIKEY the warning box Ox
  • NoZeroNoZero Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228364Members
    edited March 2017
    NoZero wrote: »

I haven't looked at the thing yet, but is that update for the PC or for the Xbox One? Cuz, all we got was the Precursor and the Coffee update.

Oh, Im not sure if the update is only for PC right now but since there are these green menaces in my game too (and also **) I can assume that they atleast slipped in some of the stuff prematurely, meaning that once it gets released there isnt so much to download, lightening the burden for servers and making it more pleasant user experience.

**possible slight spoiler:
    I had message where they suggested something something infection something, not gonna tell you what excatly it said or where I got the message
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    WOW ; ME LIKEY the warning box Ox

Found it online searching for abandon thread memes
  • NeomaveNeomave Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228277Members
    Without spoiling, the green spots were added with the Precursor update. Exploring some of the "things" added with the update will give you more information about it. Xbox has not gotten the Infected update yet which expands upon it, though I think we could be seeing it pretty soon.