Washed out pda inventory screen bug from Bones update still present

SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
The same washed out pda bug many of us reported back in the Bones update is still present.

To replicate build a seamoth, then dock it in either the cyclops or moon pool, then after you exit the seamoth open your pda.

Any ETA on when this will be finally get fixed? It's something of a show stopper when you can't easily see your inventory.

Comments

• ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    have that to. in combination with that i have a bug where when i open my PDA inside the cyclops it appears outside this ship.
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    Aye, that was around back when the bones update released.

What's more puzzling is multiple people reported both bugs that were present in the experimental update back before Bones ever launched, but they made it into the Bones update anyway.

It makes me wonder whether or not they even pay attention to bug reports sometimes.
  • TacoGSTacoGS Canada Join Date: 2016-07-31 Member: 220840Members
    This may be not relevant, however, I also notice that for instance the the Bio Reactor Windows will render through the pad when this happens. You will see the green through it.
    Just checking in to see if anyone can tell me if this bug has been fixed or not before I go through installing the game again?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Wait until the next stable build.. Jan 24th, IIRC. Check back then.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    @Silveressa

I am playing the experimental version, and the fade out of the PDA in the cyclops etc appears to be fixed. I certainly haven't experienced it since upgrading to experimental mode.
    Thanks for letting me know Myrm, I appreciate it :smiley:
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    @Silveressa Typically, now that I have told you that, I just had a washed out PDA in the cyclops. Sorry :/
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Yep happens with both the seamoth and prawn. Jump in them undock from moonpool or cyclops and then redock.
  • DrCoxDrCox Germany Join Date: 2017-01-24 Member: 227198Members
    i play the experimental and this bug is actually not fixed..sry :(
    this happends before you entered it:
    before.jpg
    this is after:
    after.jpg
    you see there is a bug with few models, thats see trough the pda :D
    Just checking back in to see if the new Castle & Coffee update fixed this bug or not before I reinstall it again?
  • NachoboyNachoboy Join Date: 2016-12-30 Member: 225727Members
    not fixed. they fixed the issue where kelp and such were poking through the items, but the pda still blurs out... pretty sad it's still here if you ask me, but at least it was partially fixed...
  • NecriptosNecriptos Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226092Members
    bump, confirming still not fixed and 100% reproducibility on multiple machines.
    It's frustrating, and makes playing nearly impossible without serious eye strain when trying to read the pda, I am curious why this hasn't been fixed yet with how long ago it's been reported?
    Priorities. If it's a bug that can be worked around, and they don't know what's causing it (or they do but don't have a fix worked up yet) they probably add it to a fix-it list and focus on game-breaking bugs. Just a guess though, not sure. Could just be they haven't tracked down the cause, or they're too swamped with other bugs.
  • NecriptosNecriptos Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226092Members
    edited February 2017
    Tbh this is pretty gamebreaking, it's the only bug I encountered that made me stop playing completely.
  • Toruk_MaktoToruk_Makto Italy Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227945Members

TacoGS wrote: »
    This may be not relevant, however, I also notice that for instance the the Bio Reactor Windows will render through the pad when this happens. You will see the green through it.
    Silveressa wrote: »
    The same washed out pda bug many of us reported back in the Bones update is still present.

To replicate build a seamoth, then dock it in either the cyclops or moon pool, then after you exit the seamoth open your pda.

Same problem. Never happened at the beginning of the game. The problem start the moment I start docking Vehicles in the Cyclops or the Moon pool or I enter in my base from the moon pool.
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
    Already fixed on Experimental as far as i can tell :).
  • Toruk_MaktoToruk_Makto Italy Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227945Members
    Carl_Bar wrote: »

REALLY?????? :scream:
    SINCE WHEN?????

Thanks for the update, I really hope this proves to be the case, I've missed playing since the bones update introduced that bug. (getting eye strain while trying to deal with the inventory menu is a game stopper for me.)

Has anyone else tested experimental to see if it was fixed for them as well? (Not that I doubt it's fixed for you Carl, but given the wide variety of gaming PC configurations out there, it may not be fixed for the majority of people.)
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    edited February 2017
    I am going to be honest. As much as this bug annoys me to no end, eventually, I get used to it and can deal with it. Currently we have bugs that are causing total frame rate loss, corrupted saves, and some people have a hard time even getting the game to work on rigs that are well above recommended specs. I feel your pain, but the game is playable with this bug.

Of course I can only speculate, but when I run into bugs with my programming that I know will be a total headache to fix, I generally tend to focus on what is the most important vs what people can live with for now. It sucks I know, but that is the reality of bug squashing. I will load up an experimental game and see if I can confirm it is fixed.

-- Update --
    Tried several times docking and undocking the seamoth from the cyclops. No washed out screen. :)

We may see this as early as the Feb. 21st update. /joy

@Carl_Bar Thank you for the heads up. I am glad someone noticed this finally and can confirm it!
    Silveressa wrote: »

Thanks for the update, I really hope this proves to be the case, I've missed playing since the bones update introduced that bug. (getting eye strain while trying to deal with the inventory menu is a game stopper for me.)

Has anyone else tested experimental to see if it was fixed for them as well? (Not that I doubt it's fixed for you Carl, but given the wide variety of gaming PC configurations out there, it may not be fixed for the majority of people.)

Do you per chance have the brightness on your monitor turned up to high?

Photo Friday[/color] - set brightness and contrast

Screencheck - brightness and color

Display Calibration - brightness, contrast, color depth (not the best organized site, but usable)

The Lagom LCD monitor test - (also useful for testing out new monitors, or taking a flash drive to the store and testing before buying) - contrast, display settings, clock and phase, sharpness, gamma, black level, white saturation, gradient (banding), inversion (pixel-walk), response time, viewing angle, contrast ratio, subpixel layout

Got all of that ▲ from here a long time ago, and thought you might be able to use them as well: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-online-tools-calibrate-monitor/

Also, for night time use when reading, check out f.lux (I use this on my computers, also available on Mac) and Twilight (I use this on my Android).

Those will allow you to more comfortably use your screens in the evening / night, and you can disable them temporarily if you want to get true color back for a bit (photo editing, OCD about Subnautica being the correct color, etc).
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
    Trust me it's not a brightness thing. What was happening according to trello notes was that in some situations the lighting effects of the local lighting was being applied to the PDA. so when you where in the cyclops you were getting major wash out. Plant 6 kelp in a single grow bed next to a tube on stable and try opening the PDS when they're fuly grown and have full seed pods. the yellow glow goes very clearly onto the PDA and completely washes it out.
    Trust me it's not a brightness thing. What was happening according to trello notes was that in some situations the lighting effects of the local lighting was being applied to the PDA. so when you where in the cyclops you were getting major wash out. Plant 6 kelp in a single grow bed next to a tube on stable and try opening the PDS when they're fuly grown and have full seed pods. the yellow glow goes very clearly onto the PDA and completely washes it out.

I know the bug isn't a brightness thing. I meant, this might help with the eye strain.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    Still happening, Feb. 27.
    Still happening, Feb. 27.

In the experimental build people reported it was fixed in, or the reg build? (And when it the next reg update set to launch?)
    Just hoping to hear if this is now a fixed issue or if it still persists in Infected?
  • undefilerundefiler Join Date: 2017-03-02 Member: 228496Members
    Silveressa you'll be happy to hear that I am no longer encountering this issue on stable release as of Infected!
    I always hit it as I had a couple of kelp in a large containment smack in the middle of my base, but as of today the PDA is always correctly rendered now.