Degasi Wreckage?

DegalusDegalus Austria Join Date: 2017-02-22 Member: 228137Members
Hi All!
I love to search wreckages for loot or PDAs and i was thinking " It would be cool if i could find some pieces of the Degasi."
I know there is a PDA where they mentioned that nothing is left of the Degasi but what if some parts broke off while it crashed?
Maybe we could find some in the Void? Would be nice to find more things from the Degasi.
What do you guys think?

Comments

• Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Considering the state of the bases left by the Degasi survivors, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Degasi's wreck were even worse shape when the bases were built, and are lost in the sea's depths.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    According to the logs found from the Degasi crew, they stripped the wreck shortly after the crash. Nothing's left.
  • DegalusDegalus Austria Join Date: 2017-02-22 Member: 228137Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    Considering the state of the bases left by the Degasi survivors, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Degasi's wreck were even worse shape when the bases were built, and are lost in the sea's depths.

Yea but would nice to finde them ^^
    According to the logs found from the Degasi crew, they stripped the wreck shortly after the crash. Nothing's left.

I know. But the Bases they made are not that big. Maybe some Junks of the ship broke off and fall into regions they couldnt get to. It would just be nice if the Void wouldnt be just ... a Void.
    Also i like Wreckages ^^ would like to find the Rest of the Degasi.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    I love wrecks, too - I definitely won't argue that point! But what's to say that we need it to be the Degasi? Let's accept for a minute that they really did strip the Desgasi down to the last rivet. That doesn't mean that we couldn't find some other crashed ship. Could even add more flavor to the narrative if the planet is a latter-day Bermuda Triangle for wrecked starships, no?

(Caveat: the "Bermuda Triangle" comment is for illustrative purposes only. The real-world Triangle is about as mysterious as a kiddie pool.)
  • DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
    maybe there's a wreck litterally on the island... probably a new island or the jungle'ish one... add something to explore in the island
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members

It would be pretty hard for just a few people (note: see size of the three Degasi crew structures on Floating island, plus logs that only mention 3 persons) to completely strip a spaceship of everything, especially if it were anything like the Aurora in scale.

A few more wrecks, these to be from the Degasi, would be nice if, like me, you were stuck missing a couple/few blueprints. I especially needed/wanted the water filtration machine even towards the end of my game when I only needed that and the completed PRAWN suit.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    It would be pretty hard for just a few people (note: see size of the three Degasi crew structures on Floating island, plus logs that only mention 3 persons) to completely strip a spaceship of everything, especially if it were anything like the Aurora in scale.
    Maybe the Degasi was just a small ship rather like the Sunbeam? If there where only 3 people onboard it should not have been even close to the size of the Aurora. So with the "we striped it down to build our bases"-fact in mind, we won't really find something big enough to "explore" even if there was something left the survivors did not use.

Maybe the Degasi was just a small ship rather like the Sunbeam?

Given the crew size, @ThePassionateGamer is probably right; Degasi was a little guy. (Especially since Aurora was a construction ship and Degasi was an explorer.) With that in mind, is it really so hard to believe three people could strip a ship like that, given enough time? The hab builder tool we have can tear down a huge seabase into constituent materials in no time flat. To rip apart a ship the size of the Sunbeam, especially if they're using de-restricted tools, could've taken only a couple days.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    edited March 2017
    Plus, the gun seemed to not so much punch the Sunbeam out of the sky as much as it blew it the frick up. Into tiny pieces.

Maybe the PDA was wrong in labeling some of the scrap metal you find as being from the Aurora. Maybe we've been finding Degasi remains all along.
    Reasonable conclusion, @Kyman201. Titanium's titanium, after all.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Note that the Sunbeam was coming in for a landing. Nice, slow target, close to ground zero. The Degasi may have just been flitting around scanning the planet for resources and landing sites, perhaps the gun only strafed it? The Aurora was performing a slingshot maneuver so probably orbital range + a lot of velocity, but it's a target as big as an aircraft carrier, hard to miss hitting that!
  • zetkubazetkuba Czech republic Join Date: 2017-03-03 Member: 228553Members
    Oh man,whot if we can found wreckage older than Degasi.Now imigine if we found old Battleship,and in there in future can be bigest submarine fragments(Not Cylops),I twoul dbe interesting read their Blackbox.In the blackbox could be find they got hit,but because of they was on Battleship,they survive first shot,and return fire.At least they was shotdown and survivors died on carrar.There can be Natural selection decoration,at shape of machinegun(Only esthetic,as posters).
  • DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
    add more degasi backstory
  • mr_manmr_man Join Date: 2017-02-23 Member: 228164Members
    edited March 2017
    Degalus wrote: »
    Hi All!
    I love to search wreckages for loot or PDAs and i was thinking " It would be cool if i could find some pieces of the Degasi."
    I know there is a PDA where they mentioned that nothing is left of the Degasi but what if some parts broke off while it crashed?
    Maybe we could find some in the Void? Would be nice to find more things from the Degasi.
    What do you guys think?

The degasi wreckage can't be in the game beacause...

SPOILER.

In the floater island degasi base on a PDA it says that they salvaged the ENTIRE WRECK for resources to build the base and fabricating.
  • mr_manmr_man Join Date: 2017-02-23 Member: 228164Members
    Oh... sorry I was a jerk I now realize you already said that