Some base/misc suggestions

WolfarusWolfarus Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228290Members
Would like to start off by saying i'm loving this game so far, and you can thank Jack-SE for showing me this game existed, and my purchase after watching a cple of his vids :)

Now onto the nittygritty.. (a few of these i've already made thru the in-game way, but thought i'd repeat them here)

Base suggestions:

Double-wide basic/glass tubes (with the multi-purpose and viewing dome plans being the only "big" spaces we have to build with so far, and not being available right away, would be nice to have this option)

Useable display shelves (to go along with stuff i'll suggest later)

Bigger aquarium's

Circuit or control board to turn exterior base lights on at night, and off during the day (to conserve power)

Misc. Suggestions:

Miniature versions of the bigger monsters to put into your aquarium's (such as reefbacks, reaper levi's, ect) - Perhaps as special eggs found only in certain spots or in the precursor base's?

"Stealth" defensive plans for seamoth and suit (makes it much less likely, though not 100% impossible, that hostile life will target you). Since we are unlikely to get any real offensive items in this game, our defensive ability's need to be upgraded, imo. And it fits into the theme of surviving by adapting and staying defensive, instead of going out and shooting anything that looks at you funny.

Model's of all vehicles (and maybe the precursor anti-ship gun) to display on desks or in the wall shelves - just to add some flavor and fun to decorating

Unique, small crystal formations, glowing in various colors, as decorations. Again useable on desks or wall shelves

Mini versions of the more interesting plantlife (such as the glowing shrooms' in jellyshroom) to be planted in the pots you can find (another decoration idea)

All elements (excluding bars or anything else that would logically be a bit on the big side) stackable in either stacks of 5 or 10 (whichever the dev's think is most balanced) for easier inventory storage and management.

Comments

• WolfarusWolfarus Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228290Members
    Also adding: being able to label the big lockers ( the glass/titanium ones)
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Labeling the big lockers is the #1 suggestion on the list from my perspective. :)

Additional thumbs-up for:
    +Display shelving would be neat, but not critical (you are in a survival situation, after all).
    +The ability to build a control panel to manage your base's resources would be very nice, indeed.
    +Stealth vehicle mods

But thumbs-down on:
    -My Pet Leviathan
    -Models
    -Inventory stacking (as it is, it prevents you from hauling an entire Target around by taking advantage of stacking)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited March 2017
    -My Pet Leviathan
    My little Levi(y), my little Levy, ah-ah-ah-ah, my little Levy!
    I used to wonder what friendship could be...
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
  • WolfarusWolfarus Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228290Members
    True this is an exploration/survival game 1st and foremost, but we have to admit that it's also a bit minecrafter-ish (what with the building elements), and us being able to put in wall shelves, we need something to add a bit of flavor to our bases. Thats why i gave a few idea's on how to allow the players to personalize them a bit with decorations and "pets". The dev's can decide if that's something they'd like to add, once the meat of the game is done and most bugs and performance issues are taken care of.

And now a cple more idea's for gear/vehicle upgrades i thought would be nice:

Speed upgrade (seamoth)

Wider/brighter illumination (seamoth)

Pressure compensator mk 4 (seamoth only. This way players have a choice of small vehicle with max depth survivabilty + limited offensive ability (prawn) or 2nd
    best depth survivability + superior mobility (seamoth)

Stasis rifle arm (prawn only) / Scanner attachment (seamoth/prawn)

Scanner speed upgrade - Basic scanner + (computer chip and something else?) = scanner mk 2. Scans info in 30% faster, but at the cost of extra power consumption