February Update Delayed?

MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
Just looking at the SN Roadmap on Trello. Seems the Feb update is now pushed back to 28th? :disappointed:

Comments

• kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited February 2017
    Myrm wrote: »
    Just looking at the SN Roadmap on Trello. Seems the Feb update is now pushed back to 28th? :disappointed:
    Dangit. (this does give me more time to get STACKED on resources in my cyclops.)
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    Makes sense. They still have a lot of things to fix in experimental mode.
  • god0606god0606 Italy Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223261Members
    edited February 2017
    Morph_Guy wrote: »

Yes i agree with you, i've encountered so many bugs in the current experimental version i usually have to reset the whole game over and over to fix those, Undocking the cyclops and then going back in destroys the PDA, it gets invisible and you cannot interract with anything you got inside + if you dock back in it fixes but the PDA is still very blurry.. then there's some bug where holes in my bases keep appearing and running trough a corridor i end up falling inside the corridor and cannot jump nor move anywhere so i have to close the game and reload...and then there's another bug i encountered with Gasopods, if you turn on the 5th option of the F3 graphic options they keep spamming their gas ability that my pc ends up getting crushed and stuck and only option to fix it is reload once again..One more bug i encountered is some of the wrecks not appearing at all, the things inside the wrecks are there floating in the water but there's 0 walls around xD.
  • Niil945Niil945 Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227321Members
    I'd much rather them delay than release with lots of bugs. Still sad though, I was itching to try out the new scanner room :)
  • skalivarskalivar Berlin, Germany Join Date: 2017-02-13 Member: 227871Members
    Sad, but I rather wait 5 days and not a month for crucial fixes.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited February 2017
    It was a very long shot for this week anyway.
    Most the past PC updates have been released during the latter part of the month.
    B)
  • cdaragorncdaragorn Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212685Members
    god0606 wrote: »

Yes i agree with you, i've encountered so many bugs in the current experimental version i usually have to reset the whole game over and over to fix those, Undocking the cyclops and then going back in destroys the PDA, it gets invisible and you cannot interract with anything you got inside + if you dock back in it fixes but the PDA is still very blurry.. then there's some bug where holes in my bases keep appearing and running trough a corridor i end up falling inside the corridor and cannot jump nor move anywhere so i have to close the game and reload...and then there's another bug i encountered with Gasopods, if you turn on the 5th option of the F3 graphic options they keep spamming their gas ability that my pc ends up getting crushed and stuck and only option to fix it is reload once again..One more bug i encountered is some of the wrecks not appearing at all, the things inside the wrecks are there floating in the water but there's 0 walls around xD.

Most of the bugs you mention have been happening to me for a while now on the stable version. At least the PDA issues and the wrecks not being there are both on my current game.
  • HormanHorman Germany Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214292Members
    Hmm... when looking at the roadmap today - maybe I am reading this wrong, and the newest part is NOT added to the top of the list - there has been no progress in the last days... :/
    But I guess, I am just reading this wrong and they are working so hard, that they had no time for updating Trello ;)
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    The devs have been adding new content so fast to experimental that they haven't even tried to keep experimental "stable". I wouldn't be surprised if the Feb update happens in April. :)
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    garath wrote: »
    The devs have been adding new content so fast to experimental that they haven't even tried to keep experimental "stable". I wouldn't be surprised if the Feb update happens in April. :)
    They don't need to make a stable experimental build, only a stable release build.
  • HormanHorman Germany Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214292Members
    Like others said before: If they need more time, to make a real nice and stable release - the get all the time they need from me... :)
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The devs might delay the update to fix a few things even until early March. That's not that bad. But what will be the introduction for this update?
    • Scanner room rework ? - yes it was hard work to expand range, but doesn't look that hard
    • Prison exterior only? (Interior is for next update) - not much to play with
    • Lost River Precursor Interior? - not that much compared to existing Precursor stuff
    • Infection gameplay and Story of the Carar? - but the full infection concept needs the Aquarium update
    • Ghost Leviathan - animation and programming still missing
    • Cyclops improvements - in the works, yes, but maybe a bit too late for this update
    • Rocket - should theoretically be available for testing, but held back. But for which update?
    • UI improvements - small improvements, done
    • Big performance and crash fix - in the works and hopefully working

So that would leave us at
    • Scanner room 2.0
    • UI 2.0
    • Infection gameplay 1st half
    • LR Precursor interior
    • Performance/Stability Fix
    Enough?

The most easy additions would be the Rocket or Cyclops 2.0. I bet that the update will get shifted until some Cyclops improvements are implemented and the update is stable again. I rather think the Rocket will be held back until after the Aquarium experience.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    edited February 2017
    cdaragorn wrote: »

Most of the bugs you mention have been happening to me for a while now on the stable version. At least the PDA issues and the wrecks not being there are both on my current game.

While I haven't had a problem with wrecks for the most part - the one near the bow of the Aurora isn't there but its loot is - the vanishing PDA aboard the Cyclops has been a problem for me. The common cause I've found is that if you ordinarily have something docked on the Cyclops, like a PRAWN, but re-enter the Cyclops without re-docking (by swimming) the PDA problem happens.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    cdaragorn wrote: »

While I haven't had a problem with wrecks for the most part - the one near the bow of the Aurora isn't there but its loot is - the vanishing PDA aboard the Cyclops has been a problem for me. The common cause I've found is that if you ordinarily have something docked on the Cyclops, like a PRAWN, but re-enter the Cyclops without re-docking (by swimming) the PDA problem happens.

OH yeah, that is a pain. - just reload the save. It works for me.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    So many bugs right now, if they released the update it wouldn't be very good at all for stable players, also things just aren't finished yet, so it would make sense to push it back.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Delays like this are normal. One thing that must be hard pressing the devs is that their deadline to launch the 1.0 is arriving, on May. So, it is complete the story, implement the rest of the animations and itens, do the logs, voice acting, make sure the fish are behaving as they are supposed to be, making a very much needed performance update, etc. You will get a quality game at the end, don't worry.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Delays like this are normal. One thing that must be hard pressing the devs is that their deadline to launch the 1.0 is arriving, on May.

I would be vary surprised if it is released in May. It still has a long long way to go.
  • TheBloxxerDudeTheBloxxerDude Somewhere in the USA Join Date: 2016-12-19 Member: 225209Members
    Is this update going to be released on Xbox One or did I read that wrong? If so, is it going to be the exact same, you know, everything as PC?
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Is this update going to be released on Xbox One or did I read that wrong? If so, is it going to be the exact same, you know, everything as PC?

From what I remember, XBOX will receive a update that is a combo of the latest updates for PC. I very much doubt XBOX will receive an update the same time as the PC version, because the update process is different. For PC, using Steam, the devs can send the update to the players right away. With XBOX, an update needs to pass some sort of certification from Microsoft before being sent to the players, thus being late when compared to the PC version.

I could be wrong but I am sure one of the devs said that the next XBox update will be up to, and include, the coffee table update (or whatever it was called). So I am not sure if it will have the one the PC players are awaiting.
  • xxBLUBOYxxBLUBOY Orlando, FL Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227717Members
    Yes that update comes out today at like 9:00 for xbox
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I am sure one of the devs said that the next XBox update will be up to, and include, the coffee table update (or whatever it was called). So I am not sure if it will have the one the PC players are awaiting.

Xbox is getting:

https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/precursor-update/

+

https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/castles-coffee/

PC users will be getting the Prison (without Aquarium) update (no links yet)

Ah kk. Thanks for the correction
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Fathom wrote: »
    garath wrote: »
    They don't need to make a stable experimental build, only a stable release build.

It is certainly possible that they could have two branches of the code development tree:

1. Fixes to last release build branch
    2. New development in the experimental branch

But I would be very surprised if this were the case for a startup with limited staff. I think it is far more likely there is only the single branch that includes both fixes to bugs in the previous stable build plus new content. Thus, it is my assumption that the developers will have to make the experimental branch stable before it *becomes* the new release build.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The upcoming Cyclops improvement
    <iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iUoP8cfMvWs&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    might get in with the late February update. You can see it includes:
    • an advanced piloting interface
    • different speeds and noise levels
    • a sonar
    • a defense shield

I mean ... without it, the February update wouldn't be much and the Aquarium update at end of March would get almost too much stuff at once.

If it gets in it would be worth to wait a bit more.
  • TheRelmLordTheRelmLord The Void Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226060Members
    4 Days Left Until The Update! If Its At The 28th And It Was Not Delayed Again.
    Hopefully the next update will land tomorrow. Early as possible in the day please devs! :wink: