What mouse do you "pwn" with in NS2?

124»

Comments

• maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    Lol, I gave my wife my MX518 from 2007 when I got my G9x back in 2009. Maybe I should switch from my 8 year old mouse to my 10 year old mouse..,,
  • G_LockG_Lock Playtester_ FL Join Date: 2013-04-03 Member: 184624Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    G400s, its so good i have one still boxed up brand new if my current one craps out.
  • RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
    edited February 2017
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

Putting a lie in a Morpheous meme!? There is no lower low!

A lie? Ive seen more than enough extremely good quake players playing with G1s and WMOs, owning little kids whose parents bought them $ overpriced razer/zowie toys that shoot rainbows and have 300000 dpi
    Sure a good sensor will help ... a bit. a very little tiny bit. virtually nonexistent bit.
    Everything else is just marketing department trying ot endoctrinate people into thinking that they need the latest mouse in order to be competitive.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    Dunno what you're on about, the vibe I'm gettin' from this thread is that people tend to prefer older mice. The legendary ones mostly...

Also pro/godlikes pwning little kids, that is a bit of an odd scale for skill/mouse effectiveness :trollface:
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    120hz (and more) Monitors are also only marketing?
    Who need more than 24fps, they eye cant see more, right?

Like Rocketjump Ninja mentioned in countless mouse reviews, he can still play good with an 14€ mouse but he cant play on his full potential cause the mouse spins out sometimes or the mouse is not comfortable.

If someone has zero brain hand coordination the best mouse in the world would not help him. But thats not the point.
    I tried multiple mice like mentioned before, most of them had the same sensor (3310) but i couldnt play with most.
    Why? Cause to light or to heavy. Shape was not comfortable, horrible mouse wheels, etc.
    edited February 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Dunno what you're on about, the vibe I'm gettin' from this thread is that people tend to prefer older mice. The legendary ones mostly...

Also pro/godlikes pwning little kids, that is a bit of an odd scale for skill/mouse effectiveness :trollface:

Yea true :)

Still you can find very good players with very "bad" mice, and conversely very bad players with mice regarded as very good.
    dePARA wrote: »
    120hz (and more) Monitors are also only marketing?

no
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    To be fair a lot of the new mice seem to be coming out with the wicked Pixart 3366 sensor.

A few of the mice with it -

Finalmouse Scream One
    G502, G303, G403, G900, G Pro
    Rival 700
    Corsair M65 Pro
    Cougar Revenger
    Nixeus REVEL
    Dream Machines Pro 1

There's mice from £30 up to the top of the range goliaths coming with this sensor. So i expect a lot of people will find a mouse they like, especially as it becomes more mainstream.

Mouse is also very important, if it doesn't fit your hand right, is cheap and has sensor jump, you plain won't perform as well as you can.

Best mouse is also highly subjective due to things like hand size, grip type and movement styles, changing a mouse can really improve your game massively, if you get the right mouse for you. A more expensive mouse is less likely to have jumping cursors and spin-outs than a cheaper mouse, so less to interrupt your flow and playstyle.

Don't underestimate the performance benefits of the right gaming equipment for you.

Unless you plan to become a multi-million pound earning pro-gamer, I'd also say, don't worry about it...

Buy something that feels right and you like the thought of owning.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    ^^^

If Logitech doesn't call it the PX518 :trollface:
  • IxianIxian Denmark Join Date: 2014-03-16 Member: 194783Members, Squad Five Blue
    Mouse does matter. It is basicly a bottleneck of your execution. Is the sensor good enough to detect the smallest movement? is the shape easy to hold in your prefered style of grip? Do you shake slightly like I do, and want a heavy mouse to feel when you are shaking? Is it too heavy, too light, or just right? Even if it is right, for how long can you do that? Depending on whether you use your arm at all, or just wrist (and fingers) to aim, it may take its toll in the long run. Is the mouse too big or too small? Is the wire too tense or do you actually want that slight resistance? Is the clicking too loud and annoying? Is it too easy or too hard to click? Is there other buttons? Are they obstructing your fingers or annoying in any way, or do they fit the design? Is the mouse designed for MOBA style games, or FPS style games? Can you replace the parts and if yes, how easily can you do it? Does it break after 3 months or last for a lifetime? And thats only the mouse itself - lets go to the implimentation of the data into the game?

Is it OW? Then you can go quite low on sens, but might need acceleration if too low, as flanking is a major part of the game, and melee combat is common. Is like NS2? You can actually go too low sens, as vertical aiming is very difficult and melee is is extreemely common. As alien, you might even want to go x1.5 your marine sensitivity or like some players, x10, or if your brain cannot wrap itself around that, just stick to the same sens? Is it CSGO? You can go very low sens, as melee is extreemely rare, and movement is primarily done when disengaging or outside combat, as dodging is almost (!) useless. Is it SC2? You wanna be able to input alot of commands and maneuver the map easily, yet be extreemely precise, so low sens is great?

Depending on game and user, the mouse and sensitivity, your "ideal" mouse changes. Not to mention you change too (muscles, growth, fat, sitting posture ect. ect.

/rant.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    In my prime I was using a razer deathadder 2013 on a razer goliathus. I eventually moved over to the SS rival. Now I use a zowie FK1 on a qck heavy or hyperx fury (but no longer play ns2)
  • G_LockG_Lock Playtester_ FL Join Date: 2013-04-03 Member: 184624Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2017
    I've been wanting to test out the Pixart PMW 3366 vs the Avago ADNS S3095 iv been using for 4.5 years now, i hear only good things about the Pixart PMW 3366.
    edited February 2017
    Ixian wrote: »
    Mouse does matter. It is basicly a bottleneck...

U dont have to have the latest mouse to play at your very best.
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter

True, but you have to have the best mouse to play at your very best.

Seems reasonable

Seems reasonable

Put a man in a boat and he cannot compete in a street race

Put a man in a car...

:trollface:
    edited February 2017
    How much dpi a mouse can achieve should be the last thing on ones mind when buying a mouse for use in FPS games. Things such as acceleration, prediction, maximum perfect tracking speed, lag or delay, smoothing, lift off distance, malfunction/skipping speed, jitter, pixel walk and pixel skipping are all far more important factors when looking for a mouse. The actual characteristics of what your hand is doing vs the movement of the crosshair on screen is incredibly important. Staying away from sensors that have inherent positive/negative acceleration, prediction/angle snapping or any sort of interpolation across its dpi levels is a good thing. Using a sensor with all of those enabled performs MASSIVELY different from one /w plain 1:1 movement ratio. Even mice with the same sensor may perform differently due to the way the sensor is implemented.

• maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    edited February 2017
    Does mouse even matter if a persons accuracy is <10%???? They are probably better off "accidentally" aiming.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    maD_maX_ wrote: »
    Does mouse even matter if a persons accuracy is <10%???? They are probably better off "accidentally" aiming.

Well shouldn't you be able to answer that question yourself?
  • AdambeanAdambean Cardiff, South Wales Join Date: 2005-06-03 Member: 53038Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oh damn, what discussion have I (re)sparked? :open_mouth:

Hand measured (19cm x 10cm), I will find a mouse appropriate for that. Thanks for your inputs. :)
    Adambean wrote: »
    Hand measured (19cm x 10cm), I will find a mouse appropriate for that. Thanks for your inputs. :)

Somehow I found this very funny :D
  • ZdrytchXZdrytchX Australia Join Date: 2016-02-06 Member: 212662Members
    edited February 2017
    Curious: Does anyone havea G400S? Mine tends to look down if i swipe left/right repetitively. Even if i flip the mouse upside down, in-game still tends to look down
    maD_maX_ wrote: »

It's doable in trem. In fact, as aliens my accuracy didnt drop that much
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    ZdrytchX wrote: »
    Curious: Does anyone havea G400S? Mine tends to look down if i swipe left/right repetitively. Even if i flip the mouse upside down, in-game still tends to look down

Even modern sensors like the 3310 have a spin-out issue in special situations, im sure older sensors have more of these problems:

• .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Put a man in a boat and he cannot compete in a street race
    Put a man in a car...
    :trollface:

Your argument is invalid x)
    Hahah dammit, although I would half expect you to link 007's submarine car :D