What mouse do you "pwn" with in NS2?

Comments

• sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    mattji104 wrote: »
    I hated the deathadder every second I had it and hoped it would break. Damn thing was reliable. I LOVED the diamondback, but thing would break after like 400 hrs in ns1 @1/2" 180deg

Bind your map key to mouse 4. It'll be broken in <200 hours guaranteed.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    MX 518 actually kinda sucks, because it has in-build angle snapping, which is terrible for shooters. You will have a feeling someone is pushing your arm, throwing your aim off.

Get any optical sensor without acceleration and without angle snapping, decent build you feel comfortable with. But it's you who will have to pwn, your mouse ain't gonna do it for you.

BTW I personally chose Logitech G400s, after discovering that my old MX518 sinned by angle snapping. It's not a bad mouse by any stretch, it's just not good for fast shooters.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Read a guide like this, it's slightly outdated, but good info:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Kamamura wrote: »
    MX 518 actually kinda sucks, because it has in-build angle snapping, which is terrible for shooters. You will have a feeling someone is pushing your arm, throwing your aim off.

Get any optical sensor without acceleration and without angle snapping, decent build you feel comfortable with. But it's you who will have to pwn, your mouse ain't gonna do it for you.

BTW I personally chose Logitech G400s, after discovering that my old MX518 sinned by angle snapping. It's not a bad mouse by any stretch, it's just not good for fast shooters.
    unless running on a modded usb port as I explained, then it vastly outclasses the G400 successor. The only downside for the MX518 is the mouse housing, but I've now discovered there are skins to fix the wear and tear on that
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Nothing wrong with the Microsoft Wireless Mouse 2000!

Well, lets not go there.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nothing wrong with the Microsoft Wireless Mouse 2000!

Well, lets not go there.

MS Intellipoint all the way, these set the standard of all gaming mice!
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • AdambeanAdambean Cardiff, South Wales Join Date: 2005-06-03 Member: 53038Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    If you really care about precision then you absolutely need the G400s

Everything else is just substandard. Spend the extra dough.
    yHYKYKN.jpg

Sorry for the thread mine, but how valid is this picture today? I'm looking for a new mouse. -- Had a Logitech G500, it was OK I guess, but not great.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You can never go wrong with a Zowie FK1
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Adambean wrote: »

yHYKYKN.jpg

Sorry for the thread mine, but how valid is this picture today? I'm looking for a new mouse. -- Had a Logitech G500, it was OK I guess, but not great.

Mice don't really get better than "flawless sensor," just pick a zowie mouse suitable for your grip, or find a g400 on eBay or something.

My zowie ec2a came in the mail recently, so once I get my power supply in and PC built I'll be using that for awhile. I'm gonna coax a friend of mine to get a R.A.T.3 because it has the same sensor as the zowie mice now. I'll trade with him for a bit and see which I like better.
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Hehe don't worry @Prommah, the only issue the MX series had (the perfected model was the MX518) was indeed angle snapping. But even so, at default USB speeds it is a non-issue, simply because no human alive can move a mouse that fast to make it snap, not even the best pro gamers out there. Hmm, well maybe Lucky Luke and last I heard he's fictionally shooting his shadow. . I'm not sure about the other models that have this issue, they might actually have a real issue with this. However the MX518 simply was lacking USB bandwidth and as I said, for that mouse it's a non-issue anyways.

it seems the MX518 is still available at magic internet stores, even with custom skins... daheck

Still using my mx518.. won in 2009 ensl ns1 season with it and I never want to change.. When I started ns2 last year I bought a new one off ebay including a new replacement because there are still ppl who find these mice almost unused in their basements :)
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited February 2017
    mx518, i actually prefer the angle snapping, and it's good if you overclock your mouseport to 1000hz.
    edit:i do switch between mx518 and g400 depending on how shit i am playing.
  • IxianIxian Denmark Join Date: 2014-03-16 Member: 194783Members, Squad Five Blue
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sLkE9ZMI5cn0K4T0DLVJUr8jdNml0F-UV6Z1W04wMrU/edit#gid=0

A list of some great ns2 comp players, their sensitivity and mouse.

You will see deathadder and g400 be the most frequent ones.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    MX518 still going strong in 2088

• .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Some shitty gigabyte mouse i've had for years. I got so used to it i'll have trouble when it breaks, since i doubt they are in stores anymore... that mouse is just right for me :D

kfbbtc25l3qc.png

As for the keyboard, Microsoft Ergonomic (gen3, not the latest crap) ftw! Well, that's because I code a lot
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Wired v Wireless? I heard they're pretty close now, in terms of reliability. I'd like a wireless one because my wire always gets caught on something.
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited February 2017
    Archie wrote: »
    mx518, i actually prefer the angle snapping, and it's good if you overclock your mouseport to 1000hz.
    edit:i do switch between mx518 and g400 depending on how shit i am playing.
    Actually tried to overclock my mx518 yesterday, like I had with WindowsXP, but sadly couldn't get it to work... keeps getting stuck at 128hz.. tried everything like it's described in the manuals ...
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I'll find the guide/video that works with windows 10(assuming you are using this)
    i've noticed from myself and some mates that windows 7 gives 10% more accuracy then windows 10, 25-30% > 30-40% accuracy such an observation surely must be something else other then mouse input right(well they did change alot of the mouse registry and the way it works.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Still happy with my g400s
    edited February 2017
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Still happy with my g400s

Windows 7 64bit Professionel... but doesnt help... drivers work, but the hz wont change a budge :( tried all the manuals and hints.. even checked if something in the bios is holding back
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I must admit been loving my Logitech g402 since I bought it, works a treat even though I treat her so badly...
    edited February 2017
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    I must admit been loving my Logitech g402 since I bought it, works a treat even though I treat her so badly...

Technically we need to whipe down our mouse after each use/day, so that salt on there doesn't gobble it up. But we be too damn lazy :D

But... Ya could always paint it
  • RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
  • MidairMidair Join Date: 2016-09-13 Member: 222299Members
    MX 2000 II

Friend bought it for me, works well for me. Has settings, but I don't really mess with them. Don't know much else about mice.

The gorgeous mouse
    9v6regq9v04t.png
    Quick peek at the settings
    6v2pjnn420wo.png

• dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    Best mouse reviews come from Rocketjump Ninja:

After my Roccat died i tried multiple mice:
    Logitech g402 (Horrible mouse)
    Mionix Castor (The shape didnt fit my hand)
    Logitech 403 (Great mouse but it looks like its to light for me, not sure yet)
    Corsair M65 (Horrible Shape)
    Ducky Secret (Im using it again after 2 month with the g403)

Its really hard to find "your" mouse.

After a post of SantaClaws i tried Koovaks acceleration driver and im using it since 6 month now. Well, i cant play without anymore:
    http://mouseaccel.blogspot.de/p/blog-table-of-contents.html
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    My Logitech G502 is definitely the best mouse I have ever used.
  • RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members

yHYKYKN.jpg

But I love my G9x?!?!?!?
    edited February 2017
    Hehe I still find that image amusing, it loses validity with the MX518 in "bad tier", due to something that is actually a non-issue. As I explained before in this thread :D

It's been a while though, so I assume we now would have a mouse out there, able to finally outclass this beast?