My Jealous Seamoth Is Broken & Obsolete

WelcomeToAccordWelcomeToAccord Florida Join Date: 2016-12-18 Member: 225130Members
I've cleared my save's cache over 5 times. Immediately after doing so, I tested my Seamoth (It has every upgrade installed or inside its cargo hatch). I was able to enter it, but as soon as i moved my cursor or pressed my arrow keys, my FPS dropped to 2. I'm unable to use the fastest vehicle in Subnautica.

Good thing the PRAWN has more inventory space...and powerful metal arms that act as melee weapons and item grabbers...has the Seamoth become obsolete, and as a result, refuses to allow me to use it? I was able to use it when I first created it. Now it's jealous of my PRAWN and every time a piranha touches it, my game's fps drops and I have to wait until it stops moving. Hash Tag Jealousy

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Take the seamoth to below 200m, remove all upgrades, allow it to be destroyed by the pressure and then spawn a new seamoth via the console. You should find the seamoth fps bug disappears.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Try pulling the storage module out (empty storage first!) and placing it in a base locker. If that helps, then your storage module is bugged. If it doesn't, then pull the rest of the modules out of the Seamoth and dive it below 200m, and spawn another Seamoth with
    spawn seamoth

in the Debug Console.
  • WelcomeToAccordWelcomeToAccord Florida Join Date: 2016-12-18 Member: 225130Members
    Wow, those ideas sound horrible: I have to either fix its storage or destroy it via pressure? My first Seamoth, fully decked-out? Jeez...the bugs in this game are astronomical.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I said to pull all the upgrades before destruction, all you have to do is throw them all back in (well, if the storage module is also bugged, make a new one, don't put the old one in). You don't loose anything, all you have to do is re-apply the paint and it's good as new.