Manta Sub

SeaDragon1231SeaDragon1231 usa Join Date: 2017-01-17 Member: 226886Members
just a bigger sub :smiley:j5h8z3aen7ax.jpg
you probaly heard this on double j`s channel ill leave a link for him subscribe to him please oh thanks.. youtube.com/channel/UCdJWkg0VuUpUxC28-ibbf7A

Comments

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    That's really cool looking.

It somewhat reminds me of an oversize version of the Flying-sub from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

3515773450_ec0153237d.jpg

B)

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I've finally found a use for the Reefbacks
    latest?cb=20170122205008
    turn them into organic submarines with Precursor technology
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    It's beautiful. Trouble is, if it's much bigger than the cyclops you wouldn't be able to navigate it very far in some places. I still get my cyclops stuck in the safe shallows sometimes.

@Zetachron I always loved the idea of being able to place a few base modules on a reefback, even if it's just a few corridors. I would happily live a nomadic lifestyle on my mighty steed.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Fluffers wrote: »
    A lot of these massive subs in concept arts would only really be useful if they started developing out into the abyss and created some biomes at 5k+ meters.

Mmmm don't know maybe, this has been discussed before. The reason there isn't a sub bigger than the Cyclops is because there really isn't a need for it with the current map size. Now say scale the map up by double or even triple it's current size and then I can see the need for a larger sub. Also a lot of places currently in game can only be gotten too with the cyclops. If there was a larger sub they'd have to make the cave biomes larger in order to accommodate the larger sub.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Only reason to have a sub bigger than the Cyclops is to carry your Seamoth and PRAWN suit at the same time. Although a sub slightly bigger than the Seamoth that is able to carry the PRAWN suit is another possibility.
  • SeaDragon1231SeaDragon1231 usa Join Date: 2017-01-17 Member: 226886Members
    ops i mean Channel
    oh ok does anyone think this is a good idea?!? command no if not...
    Darn it i play to much games i ment comment
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    You know you can edit your posts, right?
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I can see being able to carry both the prawn and seamoth, but not sure I understand why you want to carry around two of each.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Fluffers wrote: »
    A lot of these massive subs in concept arts would only really be useful if they started developing out into the abyss and created some biomes at 5k+ meters.

I'll support anything that leads to an enhanced abyss!
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited February 2017
    Cool, but if it's effectively a quadruple-sized Cyclops then it's gonna be unwieldy in enclosed areas and the shallows. I got stuck in the Deep Grand Reef once; had trouble maneuvering my Cyclops past all the rock and floating stones.
    Ralij wrote: »
    I can see being able to carry both the prawn and seamoth, but not sure I understand why you want to carry around two of each.
    Unless you're smart, having a sub that holds 4 mini-vehicles as opposed to 1 of each may seem overly complicated.
    Phoenix223 dude ill change that :smile:
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    Phoenix223 wrote: »
    Cool, but if it's effectively a quadruple-sized Cyclops then it's gonna be unwieldy in enclosed areas and the shallows. I got stuck in the Deep Grand Reef once; had trouble maneuvering my Cyclops past all the rock and floating stones.
    Unless you're smart, having a sub that holds 4 mini-vehicles as opposed to 1 of each may seem overly complicated.

Duh, for multiplayer bruh.

On a less rage-inducing note I totally agree with turning the void into an abyssal plain. You don't even to make new assets. Use the BKZ ground texture and make a plain that gradually deepens infinitely as opposed to a vertical dropoff. Then, just randomly spawn flora and fauna here and there. I'm thinking the flora of a small and useless-to-the-player variety, mostly to break up the nothingness. Pick some deep fish to sporadically appear at the bottom (spinefish perhaps), and maybe have leviathans spawn with increasing frequency the closer you are to the surface, to promote it more as a deep and dangerous biome. It is functioning as a soft map boundary of sorts.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    pie1055 wrote: »
    Phoenix223 wrote: »

Duh, for multiplayer bruh.

On a less rage-inducing note I totally agree with turning the void into an abyssal plain. You don't even to make new assets. Use the BKZ ground texture and make a plain that gradually deepens infinitely as opposed to a vertical dropoff. Then, just randomly spawn flora and fauna here and there. I'm thinking the flora of a small and useless-to-the-player variety, mostly to break up the nothingness. Pick some deep fish to sporadically appear at the bottom (spinefish perhaps), and maybe have leviathans spawn with increasing frequency the closer you are to the surface, to promote it more as a deep and dangerous biome. It is functioning as a soft map boundary of sorts.

Or, possibly have the Spike Traps that they've been looking at for a while.

4qagai1m8nj0.png

They could work well in an abyssal plain, along with some Leviathans.
  • BENSKIBENSKI Join Date: 2016-08-07 Member: 221063Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    I've finally found a use for the Reefbacks
    latest?cb=20170122205008
    turn them into organic submarines with Precursor technology

W O A H

Now THAT'S an idea

Perhaps just with the smaller/juvenile ones only?
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    I think that the devs selected the uglyest two subs in the entirety of the concept art just to annoy players with a rudimentary knowledge of ship and submarine construction and hydrodynamics.
  • JckingJcking Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227344Members
    If new submarines are going to be made it would almost certainly be post 1.0. although do remember that it is almost impossible to navigate the safe shallows with the cyclops. In my opinion I would rather have a large boat instead.