Question about large resource deposits

HormanHorman Germany Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214292Members
Hey there,
are the large deposits also bind to the bioms like the node?
Will I find large silver deposits only where I may find silver?

Comments

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    It seems to be largely tied to the biome except... I've found for example Titanium lagre deposits in the Lost River, but don't recall seeing any Limestone. So there might be some "mistmatches" here and there so to speak. I've also not found any Large Silver deposits in the Kelp Forests, just the Dunes (and I think the grassy plataues? Can't remember if I found any near the Crash Zone...)
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    XB1S; Maybe, I have found large deposits of Silver 50M from the Shallows,
    Copper in the RedGrass, Gold near the LR enterences,
    Diamonds, Magnitite and Lithium near the Mountain Island,
    Lithium near the Aurora,
    Nickel in the LR,
    Kyanite in the ILZ.
  • HormanHorman Germany Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214292Members
    My problem is, that I am looking everywhere, I find everykind of large deposit, but it seems, I can't find any silver...
    In an earlier save, I just popped out into my next kelp forest and there where many of them...
    It's a bit annoying... :(
  • SpectoneSpectone Join Date: 2017-01-05 Member: 226167Members
    Large Silver deposits are in the dunes where the reaper leviathans are subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Dunes
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited February 2017
    Horman wrote: »
    My problem is, that I am looking everywhere, I find everykind of large deposit, but it seems, I can't find any silver...
    In an earlier save, I just popped out into my next kelp forest and there where many of them...
    It's a bit annoying... :(
    Spectone wrote: »
    Large Silver deposits are in the dunes where the reaper leviathans are subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Dunes

I recommend bringing mats for a Bioreactor and/or Solar Panels, and set up a tiny temporary base to stick a Scanner Room onto. Head into the Dunes and set up the quick base and then scan for Silver. That'll minimize your wandering around the reaper infested waters since it'll point out where the silver and sandstone are.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Rezca wrote: »
    It seems to be largely tied to the biome except... I've found for example Titanium lagre deposits in the Lost River, but don't recall seeing any Limestone. So there might be some "mistmatches" here and there so to speak. I've also not found any Large Silver deposits in the Kelp Forests, just the Dunes (and I think the grassy plataues? Can't remember if I found any near the Crash Zone...)

Yeah, just the dunes. As long as you keep watch for reapers you'll be fine.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS HAVE AN ESCAPE PLAN. NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE.