"Flagship Eclipse" : Subnautica Story

Comments

• the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    WHAT

THE

FUCK

Guys, I think we just got Red Wedding'd.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited February 2017
    There's no way Malla can survive those wounds. There goes the last vestige of hope for the survivors...
    I see that Seth couldn't even be bothered to do the dirty work himself, he had to stand there and watch. That annoys me. And I hope Zenn gets sucked dry by bleeders.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Quick question, how many people were there once the second ship crash landed?

Because there has been enough deaths in this story to leave a small city desolate.

Remind me to never crash land on an alien planet with other people. Because if this story rings true, about 80% of every survivor will be killed in the first month.
    These people are all psychopaths, I swear...
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Skope wrote: »
    Quick question, how many people were there once the second ship crash landed?

Because there has been enough deaths in this story to leave a small city desolate.

Remind me to never crash land on an alien planet with other people. Because if this story rings true, about 80% of every survivor will be killed in the first month.
    These people are all psychopaths, I swear...

I'll give a quick run-down.

Lunar Vessel - 700 Passengers
    Lunar Vessel Crash - 75 Survivors

Malla's Group - 40
    Seth's Rebellion Force - 17
    Malla's Group Survivors [POST MASSACRE] - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Zenn's Group [POST MASSACRE] - 15 (Seth and that one guy are dead now)

Island Group - 35
    Ollos' Voters - 16
    Sellans Voters - 19
    Sellan's Voters [POST MASSACRE] - 11

Eclipse Survivors [POST MASSACRE] - 1
  • CalvinTheDiverCalvinTheDiver A place Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222971Members
    Okay, so two possibilities here:

a) Kendrick is a lying bastard and hates Zenn

or

b) For some reason Zenn went nuts and killed everyone

Also:
    Malla's brother
    Got anything you want to tell us, Sasha? ;)
    Zanos Millen

We glided through the oceans, close to the sea bed, kicking up a trail of sand behind us as we darted around pillars of stone and over red grass. Kend was still squashed behind the chair, barely able to move. The spine of the seat leaned forwards thanks to him, and I sat slouched forward over the steering wheel. I twisted and turned the moth around the rocky pillars and through small stony archways,avoiding predators and the like.

"How long were you on that raft?" I broke the silence. He looked at me and I instantly noticed the grey bags under his weary eyes, or what was left of his eye.

"Six days." He answered I was overcome with sadness. "I brought lantern fruit with me for the journey, but I ran out a few hours ago. They kept me hydrated and fed whilst I drifted."

"I can go out and get you some food?" I told Kendrick. He said that would be nice, and I pushed the glass hatch above us open and closed it behind me. I saw the bubbles through the glass where the water was beginning to drain out of the vehicle. I noticed a great shoal of Boomerang. They swam quickly and in perfect harmony. Their silky hides glistened in the sun as they swam, and there was not one gap between them. Flippers snapped from the toes of my wet suit and I swam forwards. They manoeuvred with elegance and grace, like a snake sliding through the waters.

I came close now, and the shoal swam my way. I held out a hand and they swam straight through me. The shimmering encapsulated me, and I was surrounded with the greens and yellows of the shoal. Then they disappeared behind me and in my hand I held two of the fish. They writhed to be free, but I did not let them. I held on tight.

I looked back to the shoal, and it dived downward, close to the sands. They drifted along the bed for a moment. The moment was short-lived, however. A great cloud of sand erupted forth, and the shoal dispersed. Each fish swam in a different direction, and when the sand cleared a beast was revealed, boomerangs upon boomerangs in its wide, toothy jaws. The shoal began to come back together above the monster, but all the while Skyrays dove into the water and picked them off one by one, carrying them away into the air; the rays were just as good swimmers as they were flyers.

Then the creature saw what was in my hands; two boomerang. I looked at them, then back to the shark. Then I began to swim back to the seamoth. I looked over my shoulder and it was gaining quicker than I had ever seen anything swim before. I swam quicker, and quicker. I felt every beat of my flippers, and every pump of my heart. I snapped open the front of the moth and the new currents pulled me inside. I brought the glass down to close, but all of a sudden the monster's bottom jaw became stuck between the steel and the window. It wriggled to be free, and I began kicking at it to get it to leave, or dislodge. Then I remembered my cannon. I pulled it out with one hand and fastened my fingers beneath the glass. I pulled it up and shot the propulsion gun. The shark flew a metre backwards and my arm was shot backwards. I felt my elbow smash against the metal of the moth, and then I felt nothing else int hat arm.

The glass snapped shut and the water drained out. The shark still circled the vehicle, but it was nothing to worry ourselves about.

"Your arm." Kend said. It fell limply across my lap. Pain rushed from my fingers to my elbow, and my elbow to my shoulder. I slowly and shakily lifted the arm and tried to move my fingers, but all they could manage was to twitch. The only thing I could move freely was my thumb.

"Do you want to drive for a bit?" I asked, placing the fish in his lap.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Broke back mountains biome.
    edited February 2017
    Sasha Corren

The world was upside down. I had no idea where to go from here, so I had decided to stop. I knew it wouldn't help anyone; not me, not my people and definitely not my son. Now I was in control, and in my mind there were now three factions on this planet: there was my faction, on the island. People had begun to call themselves the Islanders, and I have to admit, it was growing on me. Then there was Zenn's faction, perhaps still on the Aurora. I did not blame him for Malla's death, for Seth had manipulated him, I was sure. He was good at that. Then there was Ollos' military, on the other side of the gate. He was the one I hated. He was the one I wanted gone.

When I start to move forward again, let's hope he gets run over on the way.

Zanos had left seven days ago to search for any survivors, but I knew there were none. I don't know why I sent him, but a part of me wished he'd come back at least with Malla's body. The rest of me knew he'd return empty handed. I looked down at Jack in his crib. I put my hands on the sides and gently swayed it. He slept. I wondered what he dreamt of. Now Malla, I presumed.

Then I heard commotion outside. There was uproar, with screams and wails mixed in. I ran outside, and instantly I saw the problem. I heard the deep moans of a creature in the sea, and saw a blue-bottomed reef poking from the water. Then I saw on the shore a small Reefback, only five weeks or so, beached on the shore. People threw buckets of water over it to keep it breathing. Dead Peepers and Boomerangs were littered across its back, and its mother still bellowed from the tides just a few metres from the shore.

I ran up to the beast. "Island Guard!" I heard one of the guard acknowledge me from the side. "Ready your propulsion cannons, and push the Reefback back into the water."

"We've tried, ma'am." He sighed. "It's no good, it's lodged into the sand." Why could I feel tears in my eyes? No, no it wasn't as sad as this; of course it wasn't. This was the culmination of all the bad that had happened. I put my hand on what I thought to be the Reefback's head, and I gently plucked grime from between the blue tiles on it.

"Damn it..." I walked away, giving the final command to do anything the Guard could. I walked back to the base anyway, but on my journey a man ran out of the white door and beckoned me in quickly. He looked distressed. I panicked and my stroll turned to a jog, and my jog to a run.

I entered the base to hear someone talking out of the transmitter in a grainy, disjointed message. "This is...-- Solar checking...-- six hundred casua...-- net fall in two days...-- lar over and out."

"Is that another ship headed our way?" I asked. The man nodded.

"Voyager Solar, the French Colony Ship. They just dropped off a bunch of people at one of Obraxis Prime's moons, and now the crew of five hundred are coming to get us." Where I was in shock, he smiled. "Do you not know what this means?" He asked. "We'll have more people on the Island; we can destroy Ollos once and for all!"

I wanted to slap him. "It means we can go home." He looked just as much in shock as I did now. He had accepted blindly that we were never going back. "You won't have your people; they'll all be dead in two days." I stood up and left the room. If you hear a ship's coming you don't take it that we're getting more troops; that's horrible. It means we could be going home, or five hundred will die. The transmitter only collects frequencies, however, and can't create them. I had no way of telling them to stop, so I held my breath and continued on. I was angry with the man. I didn't even ask his name; I didn't want to.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I wonder if that baby reefback is some sort of foreshadowing for young Jack.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members

No, don't give @Jamezorg any ideas.

I will pull a Julian if Jack dies.

• CalvinTheDiverCalvinTheDiver A place Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222971Members

What do you mean by "pull a Julian"?

What do you mean by "pull a Julian"?

I mean I will bring back Jack by any means necessary.

No matter how stupid.
    edited February 2017

Skope, you already gave @Jamezorg ideas.

"Oh, Malla is my favorite character! Gee, I sure hope it he makes it off the planet alive!"

BAM. He's dead, Jim.

Skope, you already gave @Jamezorg ideas.

"Oh, Malla is my favorite character! Gee, I sure hope it he makes it off the planet alive!"

BAM. He's dead, Jim.

I already knew he was dead, it was kind of obvious.

The leader always dies.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sellan dies in the next few posts.
    I would like to reiterate that no one is giving me any ideas. That massacre I knew was going o happen from the start, and I have every future event planned out on a nice little word document.
    Nice, the Twisty Bridges!
    edited February 2017
    Glad to see separation going on. I love those plots, for reasons I can't explain.

We now have a veritable triangle of settlements going on.

Things can only get more interesting from here.
    Also, you added the Twisty Bridges, and the Arctic Biome?!

In the same area.

Genius. Just genius.
    edited February 2017
    Bumpasaurus Rex, coming through!
    In all seriousness, I'm on pins and needles here @Jamezorg. I suddenly just got really invested into this story, and I need more of it.
    Bumpasaurus Rex, coming through!
    In all seriousness, I'm on pins and needles here @Jamezorg. I suddenly just got really invested into this story, and I need more of it.
    Sorry, over the past two days I've been fleshing out the story and I've got it all planned out from start to finish now.

Hopefully there will be no more breaks like this. I've sort of calculated this whole thing, and from what it looks like it's going to be a good half year - year before this story is complete. Really excited to get to some bits, and I hope you're excited for them too :)
    edited February 2017
    Jacob Sand

I had been wasting away on this island for more than two weeks now; Ollos had the entire force working on clearing the island of any forgotten settlements, save for the alien constructions below the surface, and filling the cave systems with weaponry that he had begun creating. Mech suits unlike the prawn had been constructed for weeks now. They were darker in colour, and their arms had been replaced with large machine guns. I had been in charge of creating these mechs.

The Auroras back had begun turning a darker orange-brown in the past few weeks, as had the leaves on the Silver Island. They began to fall off of the trees, and the air was cooler than when we had crashed. Now there was word that another ship was on its way, and I prayed that its population survived the blast and the inevitable crash.

Ollos piloted a P.R.A.W.N atop one of the peaks on the island. He looked down on all of us as we fabricated weaponry and destroyed rusting bases for him. When i had voted for the man I never expected to end up where I was. I wanted to kill him myself, but knew that pleasure was reserved for Sasha; he had indirectly caused Malla's death thanks to Seth's manipulation, and his sister would be the one to get revenge. Or the child, if he lasted that long.

"Jacob!" Ollos slid down the side of the peak in his P.R.A.W.N and skidded to a halt just in front of me. "How many of the Mechs do you plan to construct?" He asked. I looked up into his eyes. They burned still. He had a never ending grin stuck onto his face, and it made him appear all the more crazed.

"About twenty, sir; enough for all of us and some to spare." I answered.

"Good." He looked around in the P.R.A.W.N. "We need to be ready for an attack from the North; Sasha and Zenn are both up there, with submarines that could end us. They lack the firepower we possess, however. These mechs have fended off worse than a Corren, haven't they, Jacob?"

"Yes they have, sir." I replied with disgust.

"But our first priority," he continued, "is vacating the planet. We can't get at the Aurora, in case Zenn is still there, so we have to to look straight down." There were to possibilities as to what he meant by this.

"Do you intend to harvest power from Precursor Facilities or use their Ion Crystals?" I asked, sure that these were the only two options for breaking atmosphere.

"No; I'm looking for something more human in origin. In these waters a ship crashed, predating the Aurora by a couple of decades. It's the-"

"The Degasi." I finished his sentence, and I had no idea by the look on his face if he was angered or did not care about what I had done. "I apologise, sir." I finally said.

"It's quite alright." He smiled through his menacing grin, but it soon faded. "As I was saying, the Degasi was not even found by the Aurora survivor. A shame... no clues to point us in the right direction. I suppose that means it falls to you to do the searching for us." I looked at him, my expressions revolting at the idea, although my mind told me not to. "The Solar shall be here soon; no doubt we will be collecting some of the survivors from that disaster. That task also falls to you." Abruptly, he left me to deal with other matters. In less than a minute he had burdened me with two of the hardest tasks any of us had ever been given. I supposed I would just have to wait for the ship to arive before I could start my search for the Degasi in that case.

Still, however, I prayed that one day a Corren would return to slice his pretty throat.