Mouse sensitivity constantly changes randomly

lllCornholiollllllCornholiolll Sweden Join Date: 2016-10-01 Member: 222764Members
edited October 2016 in Technical Support
Hey, I've had this problem since I started playing NS2 again, for some reason, several times in-game the game automatically changes my sensitivity of the mouse randomly. It's VERY annoying as I like to play on the same sensitivity all the time.
I dont have mouse acc on, I just want my 400dpi settings with 2.0 sens. But in-game it changes like every minute or so, it's unbearable.

I'm running a Acer 27" monitor with 1440p, 144hz and freesync. I also got another 2 monitors plugged in. I tried turn them off, didn't help
My mouse is the Deathadder Chroma.
Graphics, AMD Radeon 295x2 8GB. This is duo graphics card so crossfire is on.
4770k overclocked to 4.5Ghz.
8GB 2133 RAM.
One SSD, 2 harddrives.

Why the hell is this happening, it's ONLY NS2, no other games.

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    What about it is changing? Is the number in the options menu actually changing, or is the number staying the same, just the "feel" of it is changing?
  • IxianIxian Denmark Join Date: 2014-03-16 Member: 194783Members, Squad Five Blue
    Could be inconsistent acceleration, caused by some wierd interaction between ns2 and some 3rd party software?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Are you sure you aren't accidentally hitting a button on your mouse that is bound to swap between different DPI settings?
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    if you're using ns2's mouse accel, it's tied to FPS so it will be wildly inconsistent.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited October 2016
    Maybe you have the ns2+ mods faction based sensitivity set and sometimes play on servers that don't run ns2+.
  • lllCornholiollllllCornholiolll Sweden Join Date: 2016-10-01 Member: 222764Members
    No it's random in-game, happens several times.

Seems to have been fixed when I reset all my profiles on Razer Synapse. Even tho it recurred once after this, it's only recurred once not more.
  • jrgnjrgn Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58289Members
    edited February 2017
    I had this problem since december. I could not find the reason even though i looked through everything, included resetting profiles, reinstalling, clearing chaches, switching USB-ports. Only seemed to be happening in ns2...Using Razer Synapse as well. Yesterday i looked through the settings in Synapse again and found that STATS was turned on. I had noticed a small service was running in the background keeping track on mousestats and whatever. When i turned it off all problems dissappeared. Just putting this here for future reference if someone might be helped by it.:)

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    jrgn wrote: »
    I had this problem since december. I could not find the reason even though i looked through everything, included resetting profiles, reinstalling, clearing chaches, switching USB-ports. Only seemed to be happening in ns2...Using Razer Synapse as well. Yesterday i looked through the settings in Synapse again and found that STATS was turned on. I had noticed a small service was running in the background keeping track on mousestats and whatever. When i turned it off all problems dissappeared. Just putting this here for future reference if someone might be helped by it.:)

Thanks, I had the same issue for weeks (Razer Deathadder 2013) I got so annoyed with the problem I uninstalled Synapse completely, people kept telling me to lower the polling rate, which did nothing for me, might reinstall Synapse again and turn off stats this time round.