Annoyed

SheNeedAManSheNeedAMan Join Date: 2017-02-13 Member: 227894Members
Annoyed i paid for this game and it doesn't offer even 1% of the stuff i was promised. Constant crashes mixed with horrible pop ins makes this game unplayable. Had high hopes for this game but its completely tanked at this point.

Comments

• SheNeedAManSheNeedAMan Join Date: 2017-02-13 Member: 227894Members
    Early access is the promise of making the game they advertise. I gave money to the developers in hope that they deliver what they promised. I know what early access means but letting early access games get away with taking your money allows for horrible practice in this industry. Allow one person to get away with something and the rest will follow.
  • El_HadschiEl_Hadschi Join Date: 2016-11-28 Member: 224316Members
    So you needed to make 5 (!) topics just to tell anyone you are disappointed with the game?
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited February 2017
    Alright, firstly and most importantly. Do you already have two hours of playtime in the game? If not, then go get your refund right now. If you have two or more, then sorry but none of us nor Steam Support can help.

Secondly. How long have you been following Subnautica's development? The original planned release date was August of last year. Plans change. The game was far too complex for them to get it all finished by that time, and it's been pushed back multiple times. They've been updating the game and been making improvemenbts..... And some setbacks, as the Bones update has shown us (Even I had to set the game down it was so unstable!)

Thirdly. Have you played Star Forge? Compare Subnautica's development to that. This game's developers are doing the exact opposite of what they did: They're actually trying to get the game to what they promised.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/227680 It's not even available to purchase anymore, but that doesn't change it still had an Overwhelmingly Negative score, and I doubt they really fixed much of anything with the "free release"

All that being said, if you're really not happy - then get a refund. If you can't get a refund, then just walk away and hide the game from your library. On the off-chance it does improve in your eyes, then great. If not, then find a game you can enjoy and pretend none of this ever happened.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited February 2017
    One would think that you might perhaps take into consideration that your rigs spec's may NOT be up to the task at hand?
    Instead of condemning the Dev's and the game, MULTIPLE TIMES WITH MULTIPLE THREADS in a matter of about 35 minutes.

smh
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Fluffers wrote: »
    The game doesn't crash or lag for me, at the highest settings I get 80 frames per second with no dips. It's a good practice to always make sure your computer is physically capable of running a game before buying it.

Don't you know..., apparently READING a games description fully before purchasing it, isn't something that is considered to be practical now-a-days.

B)
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    The game doesn't crash or lag for me, at the highest settings I get 80 frames per second with no dips. It's a good practice to always make sure your computer is physically capable of running a game before buying it.

I find that hard to believe to be honest, not the 80 fps but that you get no dips at all. Even those with high end computers get the occasional lag.

My computer:

Intel Core i7 Quad Core i7-6700k (4.00GHz) 8MB Cache
    64GB HyperX IMPACT 2133MHz Sodium DDR4 (4x 16GB)
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980 Desktop - 8.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
    960 HyperX SAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
    750GB WD BLACK 2.5" WD7500BPKX, SATA 6b/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
    Genuine Windows 10 Home-64 bit Pro

That's a pretty beefy laptop I have, yet I still get lags, and there are people with even more powerful computers than me who get lacks. So I'll take your boosts with a handful of salt.
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    Well, there are small dips in performance when I change biomes too fast, or if I'm near the surface then dive down into a deep biome, but other than that it stays at a steady 70-80
  • After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    The game doesn't crash or lag for me, at the highest settings I get 80 frames per second with no dips.
    Never...
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    So...you're not happy with a *gasp* early access game that receives regular updates and rather than being courteous and telling us your hardware specs to help us resolve your problem, you spam the dev's forum with multiple threads insulting them.

This isn't No Man's Sky we're talking about.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    I just posted this in another of your five or so threads, but I have to ask you @SheNeedAMan ... when did you buy the game? If you bought it before the performance issues, I have more sympathy for you, but if you only just bought it then I have less. Buyer beware; you wouldn't buy a car without knowing how it performs, would you? You wouldn't buy a PC without knowing how it works. In fact, you wouldn't buy just about anything without knowing what it was you were getting. So why should this be any different?

Do your research before you drop your dollars, or you have only yourself to blame.
    I don't know which freaking thread would be best to reply on, but what ever, it's going on this one.

@SheNeedAMan is going about this all wrong, and should have read up on the purchase and any potential issues properly before purchasing. You have to blame yourself and kick yourself if you do something so stupid.

However, I do actually sympathise with OP too, and I think a statement from the devs on the purchase page(s) stating "THE GAME IS CURRENTLY VIRTUALLY UNPLAYABLE FOR SOME PEOPLE BUT WILL BE FIXED ASAP" would go a hell of a long way in both avoiding complaints and sending a gesture that they give a damn about more than getting money. Not everybody knows the devs as much as some of us do.

It isn't fair to continue selling a product that has such issues without warning people. It might be legal, and they might not be doing anything technically wrong, but that doesn't mean it's moral or fair. I'd feel pissed too if I just dropped some of my hard earned cash on something I can't even use.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    It isn't fair to continue selling a product that has such issues without warning people. It might be legal, and they might not be doing anything technically wrong, but that doesn't mean it's moral or fair. I'd feel pissed too if I just dropped some of my hard earned cash on something I can't even use.

What?! But the game does warn you before you buy it. It clearly states that it is in early development and therefore we may experiences bugs etc. You, I and everybody else who brought that game KNEW it was in development and we all were willing to accept that risk. I can't believe that in one breath you defend the devs and then in the very same breath you slag them off for the vary reason you were defending them.

Yes, we all get frustrated when the game lags or crashes and time again I decide not to play it until it is on full release, but time again I go back to it. But to call it unfair or immoral is just stupidity.

• EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    edited February 2017
    First of all, calm down and stop jerking that knee. I didn't slag them off at all, not even close.
    Myrm wrote: »
    What?! But the game does warn you before you buy it. It clearly states that it is in early development and therefore we may experiences bugs etc.

No, it doesn't. Believe me, I've read everything in the last half hour, and you're welcome to do the same. In fact it "clearly states" that the game is "absolutely playable" and "relatively stable." (See below.)

Besides, I'm just saying they could very easily make it more clear that the state of the game is not very good at the moment. It would be a nice gesture and a fair warning. Here's the quote from the Steam page under "Early Access" information;

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
    “Subnautica is absolutely playable and relatively stable right now. There is at least one hour of adventure content available for play right now. Before going on Early Access, Subnautica was publicly available and playable for two months. In this time, significant work was done to ensure that the game is in a state to stand up to the demands of Early Access.”

Subnautica is absolutely playable and relatively stable right now? No it isn't. There's no getting around it, it just isn't. Many, many people are finding it unplayable, so that's that. And that's fine, for us that understand what's going on and visit the forums regularly. But it's still an incredibly inaccurate and misleading representation of the game and any person who is buying the game will obviously be expecting a PLAYABLE AND RELATIVELY STABLE GAME. They don't get that, so they get rightly upset.

Nowhere other than on the forums (here or Steam) will you find that many people are having severe issues. That's not good PR, and if a person hasn't read the forums then they have no idea about how bad the performance is at the moment.

Of course, in the "Early Access" information on Steam it does warn you to check such things:
    "What is the game like to play right now?

When you buy an Early Access game, you should consider what the game is like to play right now. Look at the screenshots and videos to see what the game looks like in its current state. There are a lot of ways a game can go as it develops over time, so if you aren't excited to play the game in its current state, then hold off and wait until the next update--it shouldn't be far off."

... but to think everyone will bother to check is nothing but stupid and naive. And devs have to realise that even Early Access games are generally expected to actually perform in a playable state, at the very least, before entering Early Access. So if your game runs like crap, you're going to have people complaining. A lot.

Just because you know a game is in development when you purchase it, and you should do your homework before purchasing anything, it doesn't excuse the fact that the developers could be far more open and make new customers more aware of the current situation. When you don't let people know that the game performs badly at the moment, but it's being worked on and will be fixed ASAP, you absolutely run the risk of new, angry and upset customers jumping to the emotionally-arrived-at conclusion that you're ripping them off.

I'm not even saying they should, it's just my little suggestion. I don't really give a damn either way, I've already bought the game, I'm invested already, but it would be a good gesture from them to, at the very least, remove the line "Subnautica is absolutely playable and relatively stable."
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    edited February 2017
    Seriously ban the OP he's just spamming the forums
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    No, it doesn't. Believe me, I've read everything in the last half hour, and you're welcome to do the same. In fact it "clearly states" that the game is "absolutely playable" and "relatively stable."

I'm pretty sure the implication there is that it will if your system has the specs recommended for running the game
    No, it doesn't. Believe me, I've read everything in the last half hour, and you're welcome to do the same. In fact it "clearly states" that the game is "absolutely playable" and "relatively stable."

I'm pretty sure the implication there is that it will if your system has the specs recommended for running the game

I'm operating under the assumption everyone has the minimum specs. Otherwise the entire issue is moot.
  • LordSingulothLordSinguloth Join Date: 2017-01-19 Member: 226955Members
This discussion has been closed.