Deepest lava zone point

Kostas91Kostas91 Join Date: 2016-12-27 Member: 225547Members
After exploring the lava zone, I reached the deepest point (around 1560+M) and there is nothing, just a desert.
Does anyone know if the developers announced anything about that place because I want to build a base there and I don't want to lose it
if the developers add a precursor base there or if they rework that part of the map.

Comments

• JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Kostas91 wrote: »
    After exploring the lava zone, I reached the deepest point (around 1560+M) and there is nothing, just a dessert.
    Does anyone know if the developers announced anything about that place because I want to build a base there and I don't want to lose it
    if the developers add a precursor base there or if they rework that part of the map.

If you build a base there, I'm not sure if it'll get lost but something is going to happen down there... Spoilery things:
    Basically that's the prison that the Sea Emperor will be kept in. You know that great big hole in the walls you used to get in? At some point that will be filled with a massive Precursor Facility, and there will most likely be Warpers all over the place. So if you're okay with being almost trapped in and having an enormous sea creature swimming above you at all times, sure, put a base there :)
  • Kostas91Kostas91 Join Date: 2016-12-27 Member: 225547Members
    Thank you for the reply :) I guess it's a good thing I asked this question before building a really expensive base there.... Sounds like it's gonna be a really dangerous area so I ll wait until the next update to build it.
    Thank you for the reply :) I guess it's a good thing I asked this question before building a really expensive base there.... Sounds like it's gonna be a really dangerous area so I ll wait until the next update to build it.

I don't think it'll be dangerous; on the contrary, in fact.

I feel like this will be one of the only places in that biome that isn't very dangerous. No dragons, just the Emperor (which will be passive, by the way :) ). Maybe a few warpers, but I can't be sure. Even if there aren't warpers down there you'll still have to pass a tonne to get in and out of the area, so I still wouldn't say it's the best place to build.

Glad I could help :)
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
    Ye be warned, Spoilers Thar Be Ere
    Assuming it doesn't delete your base and you end up in the main biome area you'll be in the single safest part of the game. Sure you'll be surrounding by every big nasty in the game, including a few reapers and maybe even a sea dragon or two. But they will all be friendly, and if any warpers show up, they will mob them en mass for you.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited February 2017
    After exploring the lava zone, I reached the deepest point (around 1560+M) and there is nothing, just a dessert.

Ooh, a dessert? Is it molten cake or hot fudge?
    (not trying to be mean - just saw an opportunity for a pun, so I took it.)
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    kingkuma wrote: »

Dammit you beat me to it. Was gonna say I hope there's a parfait or a banana split down there, so far things have just become more creepy and dangerous as I dive deeper.
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
    Yeah i wondered into Lost river by accident earlier. It earns high marks on my wierd ****-O-Meter scale.
    kingkuma wrote: »

Lol, fixed it :smiley: Yeah, you should never miss such great opportunities!
    Jamezorg wrote: »

I don't think it'll be dangerous; on the contrary, in fact.

I feel like this will be one of the only places in that biome that isn't very dangerous. No dragons, just the Emperor (which will be passive, by the way :) ). Maybe a few warpers, but I can't be sure. Even if there aren't warpers down there you'll still have to pass a tonne to get in and out of the area, so I still wouldn't say it's the best place to build.

Glad I could help :)

I see. I was going to build a base down there anyway, no matter how dangerous it was, but my main concern was if it was going to be deleted after the prison update. My bases are usually really expensive so I would hate to see all the materials and items, I spent so much time collecting, gone.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited February 2017
    I'm just wondering how they're gonna make every creature in the game fit in that area without it looking cramped.
    Having more than one reaper along with the Sea Emperor would already make it a bit claustrophobic.

And if there's anything Zoo Tycoon has taught me, it's that whale-sized creatures need a fuckload of space.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    I'm just wondering how they're gonna make every creature in the game fit in that area without it looking cramped.
    Having more than one reaper along with the Sea Emperor would already make it a bit claustrophobic.

And if there's anything Zoo Tycoon has taught me, it's that whale-sized creatures need a fuckload of space.

They might end up cutting that part out, or reducing the scale of it a bit. A select few creatures rather than all of them. Fitting one of every creature in that area, along with whatever else is going to be tossed in, does seem like a bit much.

If they do end up doing this, or adding any amount of hostile creatures, will they be made docile? Or will they still attack you?

Because I feel there's some sense of poetry having the areas getting exceedingly deeper as you go down, and then in the deepest point it's the safest it's ever been. Also, I thought that it was the Lost River base that housed every creature, but maybe I was wrong.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    Aggressive creatures in the PCF won't attack you and will defend you from Warpers.
    There are videos showing the size of the prison, or a part of it at least since they can't really go inside, and it's massive: