Warper Cannon & Base Cannon

Dark_ZeridotDark_Zeridot Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227672Members
edited February 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
Warper Cannon:
I have an idea for a kind of defense mechanism. If you didn't know about the Warper, it is basically a creature created by the precursors that was made to track down the infected creatures and kill them. Some of it's unique abilities is that it can 1. Warp to any nearby place it wishes, hence the name, and 2. It can warp something ELSE to any nearby place it wishes. I think the ability to warp yourself somewhere is a bit OP, but it could be cool to be able to warp other creatures away. For example, say you are being chased by a reaper leviathan and it breaks your Seamoth, you can just shoot him and he gets teleported like 20-50 meters (randomized) away in a valid spot. This can be made without TOO much difficulty, but you need a few different things, one of which is new. The "Warper Sample." It can be obtained by killing a Warper. After he is dead, you can hit him with a knife to obtain a sample. A Warper Sample would probably look like a purple fleshy titanium.
2.0: The warper cannon uses 5% of its power per shot, giving it a total of 20 shots before it needs to reload.

Recipe:
Titanium x1
Battery x1
Advanced Wiring Kit x1
Warper Sample x2

Blueprint: 2

Blueprint Location: Precursor Bases

Base Cannon:
This is a more simple one, it's basically a stationary cannon that can be added to Seabases. It would function like an Observatory, except it goes on TOP of a Multipurpose Room or a Corridor. When you first make it, it doesn't have a cannon loaded to it, but you can put a Stasis Rifle, Propulsion Cannon, Repulsion Cannon or (maybe) a Warper Cannon inside. This will increase the power of whatever you put inside, for a Stasis Rifle it can charge faster, longer, and it's shots will freeze creatures longer. A Propulsion Cannon can pick up items from farther away and blast them farther away. A Repulsion Cannon can shoot things and do more damage as-well as launching them farther away. And lastly a Warper Cannon can teleport things from 40-70 meters instead of 20-50. Bonus: The base cannon can be loaded with torpedoes instead of just standard weapons.
2.0: The base cannon uses 3 power per shot.

Recipe:
Titanium x2
Glass x4
Advanced Wiring Kit x1
Computer Chip x1

Blueprint: 1

Blueprint Location: Abandoned Bases

This concludes my post, if you have read this far, congratulations, and please leave any feedback on ways this could be improved/changed.

Updates:
Version 2.0:
-Added Power Usage
-Decreased Blueprint Size
-Fixed Some Minor Grammar/Spelling Issues
-Added Base Cannon Recipe

Comments

• NewAgeRevolutionNewAgeRevolution California Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227658Members
    The blueprint for the warper cannon should be found inside the warper construction room that will be added to the disease research facility in the lost river, after it is finished. Also, the base cannon should be able to target hostile creatures, much like how the spotlight does.
  • Dark_ZeridotDark_Zeridot Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227672Members
    The blueprint for the warper cannon should be found inside the warper construction room that will be added to the disease research facility in the lost river, after it is finished. Also, the base cannon should be able to target hostile creatures, much like how the spotlight does.

Yes I agree on the blueprint location for the warper cannon, and for the base cannon, thats kinda the point, it can be used to ward off creatures that are damaging your base.
  • thecreativeplayerthecreativeplayer Join Date: 2017-02-07 Member: 227700Members
    The warper cannon should teleport them a set distance away, and it should also daze them slightly so you can fight them or run away from them (be warned, there is no warning for the undazing)
  • thecreativeplayerthecreativeplayer Join Date: 2017-02-07 Member: 227700Members
    Also, gas torpedoes should be loaded in the base cannon, and also make a new type of torpedo that creates a hologram of a sea dragon leviathan to scare away its prey (including reapers).
    I meant that only gas torpedoes and the other type, not vortex.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    @thecreativeplayer Just FYI, if you click the little gear in the corner of one of your posts, you can select 'edit', getting rid of the need to multi-post for clarity
    edited February 2017
    thecreativeplayer, I agree with the warper cannon dazing the creatures, but not that it is set a certain distance. I don't want it to be that op, it gives you a CHANCE to escape, but you don't automatically escape. To the torpedoes, I do have gas and vortex torpedoes. I do not agree about the hologram leviathan torpedo though. Thanks for the feedback!
    edited February 2017
  • JckingJcking Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227344Members
    Love the Idea. maybe have a Tesla arc that would scare off the medium predators (sand sharks, stalkers lava lizards) and pests (biters, bleeders, lava larvae). but having a personal warping gun would be OP since that would remove the danger the large predators pose to the player.
    Jcking wrote: »
    Love the Idea. maybe have a Tesla arc that would scare off the medium predators (sand sharks, stalkers lava lizards) and pests (biters, bleeders, lava larvae). but having a personal warping gun would be OP since that would remove the danger the large predators pose to the player.

Added version 2.0. Hopefully the battery usage balances it out a little bit.
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    you fool warpers don't kill things they teleport, they send them to the primary research facility to do testing on them