What to do when you see a reaper.

kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
I like making flowcharts. So here's an overly complex one about escaping from reapers.
2ew8zxtnsjvu.png

Link to the "Classic Anti- Toothy Sea Monster Manuver"

EDIT: Feel free to download and repost! (just make sure to give credit)

Comments

• IcremunIcremun Join Date: 2016-09-12 Member: 222276Members
    edited February 2017
    Like dam.

Oh one thing Link to the "Classic Anti- Toothy Sea Monster Manuver" cannot work as the reaper cannot be killed. (tell me if it has changed).

You forgot that you can usually swim to the surface because reapers don't usually go there.
    I think this was a cheat fix to the flying reapers, which was hilarious and terrifying when you thought you were you were safe at the top of the mountains and a reaper came up chasing you from the water and swimming straight through the rock (another bug).
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    You should add to the cyclops "Continuously ram into reaper until dead."
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    STOP, DROP AND ROLL.... the hell away in the opposite direction.

B)
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Icremun wrote: »
    Like dam.

Oh one thing Link to the "Classic Anti- Toothy Sea Monster Manuver" cannot work as the reaper cannot be killed. (tell me if it has changed).

You forgot that you can usually swim to the surface because reapers don't usually go there.
    I think this was a cheat fix to the flying reapers, which was hilarious and terrifying when you thought you were you were safe at the top of the mountains and a reaper came up chasing you from the water and swimming straight through the rock (another bug).

The link worked for me...

The page says, and i quote "... Repeat steps 4 and 5 until creature is dead/ leaves. Do not pursue the creature."
    I never said you had to kill it. Also, you can kill a reaper. I have not done it (I have no reason to), but I've heard it's possible with the drill arm. Also, I have ran onto a sandbar and the reaper jumped out of the water at me. I'm not sure staying at the surface works if it's already seen you and is targeting you.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Crewman87 wrote: »
    You should add to the cyclops "Continuously ram into reaper until dead."

Kind of a waste of time in my opinion. It represents no danger to you, so why bother?
    edited February 2017
    It will eventually. From what I believe I have read the cyclops is planned to take damage from creatures in the future. Even if they don't, it's an easy way to make an area safe for exploration should one be bothering you. It also allows an easy scan and a nice selfie for your picture frame. Finally, because it's funny?

- edit -
    Just because I hate giving incorrect information. The word around Cyclops damage is that it is going to be patched soon. I can't find this information on Trello, but when it does update I fear the Cyclops will no longer be indestructible.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    This... words cannot describe how amazing this is... a very large complex flow chart about what to do when you see a reaper... wow. Truly magic (∩⪨ل͜⪩)⊃━☆
    This... words cannot describe how amazing this is... a very large complex flow chart about what to do when you see a reaper... wow. Truly magic (∩⪨ل͜⪩)⊃━☆

This is nothing compared to my relationship chart of EVERY harry potter character. Took up an entire sheet of posterboard.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    edited February 2017
    kingkuma wrote: »

This is nothing compared to my relationship chart of EVERY harry potter character. Took up an entire sheet of posterboard.

You are magical. You are a wizard. Please post it. I WANT MORE OF YOUR MAGICAL FLOWCHARTS!!
    (∩✧v✧)⊃━☆゚.* -pew- (づ⨴ ͟ʖ⨵)づ
    Incase your interested here is the where I got the faces: http://lenny-face.com/?cr=bW91dGh+dy5udy5pZV9leWVzfncubzEuNHdfZWFyc34xNC0xNQ==

You are magical. You are a wizard. Please post it. I WANT MORE OF YOUR MAGICAL FLOWCHARTS!!
    (∩⪨ل͜⪩)⊃━☆ -pew- (づ⨴ ͟ʖ⨵)づ
    Incase your interested here is the where I got the faces http://lenny-face.com/?cr=bW91dGh+dy5udy5pZV9leWVzfncubzEuNHdfZWFyc34xNC0xNQ==

As I said - It took up a whole sheet of posterboard. It'll take forever to enter in - this one took me 30 minutes at least. But I'll make some more subnautica ones for sure. My next one might be "ok, where should i build my base?"
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    That's a lot of options for: alonisuvdnerfh runnnn! i mean swim! faster faster faster ohgoditscatchingup aslcinkysfbkaudh!!!!!

^my actual reaction to reapers.
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    edited February 2017
    As much as I appreciate the work you put into this, I just run right by them or wait for them to move lol

They almost never catch me because of wonky AI
    Ralij wrote: »
    That's a lot of options for: alonisuvdnerfh runnnn! i mean swim! faster faster faster ohgoditscatchingup aslcinkysfbkaudh!!!!!

^my actual reaction to reapers.

That and a heart attack.
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    My Reaper reaction flowchart has one step: "Poop your pants."
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    he forgot an entry tho: Do you have the Stillsuit? ==> Yes? ==> Pick up reclaim water :smiley:
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    That is quite the flow chart.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    I shall refer to this from now on but in the past I just sh** my pants.
  • HormanHorman Germany Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214292Members
    I just screamed and alomost got wet pants when this piece of ... just spawned right above me in the crash zone on the port side of the aurora...
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    edited February 2017
    Crewman87 wrote: »
    It will eventually. From what I believe I have read the cyclops is planned to take damage from creatures in the future. Even if they don't, it's an easy way to make an area safe for exploration should one be bothering you. It also allows an easy scan and a nice selfie for your picture frame. Finally, because it's funny?

- edit -
    Just because I hate giving incorrect information. The word around Cyclops damage is that it is going to be patched soon. I can't find this information on Trello, but when it does update I fear the Cyclops will no longer be indestructible.

I hope, that they will give us some or at least ONE option to defend our precious Cyclops. Like a huge PDS (Perimeter defense system) or some other method to escape or fend off an attacking creature. Because you can't outrun or outmaneuver anything in a Cyclops. And losing it everytime you meet something bigger then a Sandshark would suck.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Don't have a knife?
    Open Supply Box.
    Enter Supply Box.
    Close Supply Box.
    Pray it goes away before you drown.
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    I hope, that they will give us some or at least ONE option to defend our precious Cyclops. Like a huge PDS (Perimeter defense system) or some other method to escape or fend off an attacking creature. Because you can't outrun or outmaneuver anything in a Cyclops. And losing it everytime you meet something bigger then a Sandshark would suck.

Even if they add creatures being able to do damage to the cyclops, I can only imagine that it'd only be the sea dragon, reapers just aren't big enough nor are they properly biologically equipped to do anything to a sub that size. Can't wrap around it to squeeze it, can't ram a horn into it, can't bit into it, and even if it ran into it, it's big enough that it wouldn't actually do damage to the hull, it'd just bruise its big fat mandibles.
    Fluffers wrote: »

Even if they add creatures being able to do damage to the cyclops, I can only imagine that it'd only be the sea dragon, reapers just aren't big enough nor are they properly biologically equipped to do anything to a sub that size. Can't wrap around it to squeeze it, can't ram a horn into it, can't bit into it, and even if it ran into it, it's big enough that it wouldn't actually do damage to the hull, it'd just bruise its big fat mandibles.

The reaper may be able to crack the glass on the front window, causing the sub to flood with water. And you can't repair glass (even enameled glass) with a welder.
    edited February 2017
    Once i was being chased by a reaper in the dunes, so I ran into the mushroom forest. He got stuck (will add pictures later) My reaction:40nk6kcp10ez.png

(Note: I definitely didn't win.)

EDIT: bonus points if you know what this picture is from.
  • IcremunIcremun Join Date: 2016-09-12 Member: 222276Members
    edited February 2017
    Fluffers wrote: »

The reaper may be able to crack the glass on the front window, causing the sub to flood with water. And you can't repair glass (even enameled glass) with a welder.

Wont it be like in sea based, it will be damaged and will sink but never truly be destroyed.
    Like when you go too deep.