Powercel Charger Fragments?

Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
I suspect i'm suffering from the wreck bug but can someone just confirm where in the mushroom wreck i should be finding these? All i found so far where about a dozen power transmitter pieces. Lots of titanium, but not much else. Looking aroudn sparse reef also failed to turn anything up, but that may be the sheer size of the place combined with me having to putter along a fair bit up to keep the seamoth above 200. Also missing the propulsion cannon bits from there.

Comments

• Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    I had a bit of an issue myself searching the sparse reef for them. The Wiki doesn't specify any particular wreck would hold them so who knows, maybe they exist in another one? Worst case scenario, if you think you are experiencing a bug, you can add the blueprint via console commands.
  • Alex93090Alex93090 Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211935Members
    I did find them in the wreck on the mushroom trees. They were in the room behind the door you have to cut open.
    Alex93090 wrote: »
    I did find them in the wreck on the mushroom trees. They were in the room behind the door you have to cut open.

I'll be sure to check that out. I went past it without the cutter.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I didn't find them there this time, I found them in the jelly shroom caves by the abandoned base. They were everywhere down there. I had also found one in the Sparse Reef when I wasn't looking for it.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited February 2017
    Take note
    Ralij wrote: »
    I didn't find them there this time, I found them in the jelly shroom caves by the abandoned base. They were everywhere down there. I had also found one in the Sparse Reef when I wasn't looking for it.

Heh...
    All I found down there this time around, was the Thermal Reactor fragments and the Water Filtration system.

I found the Power Charger fragments in the cliff-side wreck in the Blood-Oil Tree biome and found one hidden in the Shallows.

B)
    edited February 2017
    Ralij wrote: »

Huh... I just found a bunch of mod station fragments last time I went there. Then again that was previous patch and I haven't played Castles&Coffee yet, so maybe they changed the location of the fragments?
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Did they randomize the locations? I'm on the latest update on stable.
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    I found the power cell charger fragments on the underwater island wreck, a few scattered around outside and on the hull, and some inside.
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
    edited February 2017
    Huh, yeah i've noticed i've been finding fragments in some locations the wiki doesn't list them too. Underwater islands, koosh, and one kelp forest wreak are the only ones i can reach i haven't checked out, (though i'm probably missing bits from the treaders path one as that damned warper makes further exploration impossible). And i'm very wary of the kelp one as it's right near the aurora back end. Given the way reapers aren't staying put atm and their seemingly huge aggro radius from comments i'm very wary of going within 500m of where i know there's some. I haven't got the pressure compensator for the seamoth for the same reason yet, (i'd have to go round the front, grab the prop cannon fragments, go back to base, build a cannon then go back), theoretically they should be deep enough not to bother me, but if they've moved... So i want the cannon and stasis rifle too, (not that i expect that to help :(). Still haven't got all the bits for those. Grrrr.

TBH i haven't run into a lot of places where there's more than one fragment type so i suspect i've got a variant of the wreak bug where the mixed stuff is being replaced by single type.

p.s TBH i really wish the scanner room wasn't so late game. By the time you can get it from what i can tell you basically have no use for it. Or at least it's camera's, because you'll have been everywhere else getting the stuff you need to find it. It feels like it should be a midgame item, but it's placed so late...
    edited February 2017
    @Carl_Bar I agree with you on the scanner room for sure. So far the only time I use it is when I need to scout ahead in very dangerous areas. As far as reapers behind the Aurora, that I can also agree with. I am only brave enough to venture there when I have a Cyclops so I can ram them to death and actually hop out for the loot.
    ALso forgot this, i've been into the shroom wreak cut door area, it was empty, (2 rooms right).
    Ok good news, went back, had to cut my way in again, but this time they were there. Also revisited pod 13 and got me 3 cyclops hull fragments, added to the bridge pieces i got around the trader wreck and i'm jst 2 engine fragments, (and a lot of titanium and some other raw mats), short of a cyclops. lulz.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    In previous playthroughs, I've found the Power Cell Charger, Water Filtration Machine and Nuclear Reactor fragments in the Sparse Reef. Since the December update (and continuing still through the January update) I've only found ONE PCC fragment just piloting through the area; after scanning it I've never once found another fragment. The same issue occurs with the NR fragment, I scan it once and never see it again. For two months now I have yet to find ANY WFM fragments naturally; in all these cases I've had to cheat in additional fragments to scan just so I can build the dang things.

I like that later-tech items are harder to find and it adds progression to the game, but it gets frustrating when you're stuck with world exploration when you can't build what you need. The wrecks in the Mushroom Forest, Blood Kelp Corridor and Grand Reef (not the upright one that has Moonpool fragments) came up empty with no tech to scan inside. I don't know if it's due to a glitch or whether it's specific to my system, but I hope that fragments eventually can be found across more than just one specific biome in the future.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    @Tarkannen if you see a wreck with no fragments, save right there, and re-load. Try that a few times. If not, clear cache, then re-load (make sure you're not on the wrong side of a cut door though). 99% positive this is a bug.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    When you come from the Floating Island going towards your pod, you come across a ridge of the Sparse Reef where I usually find some loose Power Cell Charger Fragments.
  • JckingJcking Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227344Members
    Found them in a bunch of wrecks
    edited February 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Tarkannen if you see a wreck with no fragments, save right there, and re-load. Try that a few times. If not, clear cache, then re-load (make sure you're not on the wrong side of a cut door though). 99% positive this is a bug.

Since I have been playing this new save of mine, I have noticed a lot of wrecks are empty aside from chairs and desks.
    It has however become quite frequent that I have to clear my caches to fix the issue. At this point I've considered just adding blue prints I need after spending hours looking for them.
    So I started up a new game, and I found a vehicle mod station and a stasis rifle fragment on the two bases at the tips of the island. I think the fragments may be partially randomized (as in anything physical like growbeds or walls or furniture will still be in a specific spot, but the more portable fragments have random wrecks they can spawn in).
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    @Tarkannen if you see a wreck with no fragments, save right there, and re-load. Try that a few times. If not, clear cache, then re-load (make sure you're not on the wrong side of a cut door though). 99% positive this is a bug.

I'll keep that in mind, but this was after I had recently cleared my CellsCache and CompiledOctreesCache folders (I tend to delete those regularly when my savefile becomes too laggy to play properly). Shortly after my purge I visited the Grand Reef (Moonpool) wreck to get more Titanium from fragments, but the wreck remained empty from my last sweep I did before the purge occurred. No fragments of any sort had respawned, even though all of the elements in the Precursor base was restored again.

The other three previously mentioned wrecks I checked out had no scannable stuff of value, just the occasional PDA. The second Grand Reef wreck was particularly frustrating; I opened two airlocks and three Sealed Doors just to find a single PDA. I realize it's more sensible that some wrecks will have nothing in them, but it's irritating to dig so deep and find nothing.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Playing stable, started a game after castle and coffee update; found powercell charger fragments in the mushroom cave by the abandoned seabase.
    @Trakannen: another known fix is to delete the bits of your cache relating only to thewreak i question, note down the batch numbers and delete only those.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    This was a problem for me - I basically had to start a new world in stable. It worked then.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    An alternative to that is just to clear your cache, usually has the same effect as starting a new save, while keeping your progress, inventory, and bases. (See first line of my sig ▼ down there)