Wrecks not loading in and no fragments anywhere

Stitch_GamesStitch_Games Illinois Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218516Members
Yesterday I was Playing Subnautica in the stable build and I went to the wiki and saw a wreck in the safe shallows that had a lot of useful stuff. So I get food, and water and head out to the wreck. when I get there I didn't see any fragments so I looked around the wreck and still nothing and all the useful things were on the outside of the wreck. so I thought that the fragments and fallen through the floor as I got there because that had happened to me previously with this specific wreck. so I thought that it was going to be just that, but then I came across a wreck in the Grassy Plateaus and it was the same situation, but the wreck wasn't there, just empty cargo boxes, cracks, and wires. as I was wandering around and stumbled upon the wreck I also noticed an inadequacy of resources like fish, outcrops, salt, and even acid mushrooms. I tried restarting the game, clearing the cells cache, going away from the wreck then coming back in case it just wasn't loading in, and clearing the object cells cache and its still like that. the version I'm in is "Jan-2017 43604." here is the link to the picture that I took of the wreck in the Grassy Plateaus: https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwNyUEOhCAMQNG7sJe2IkW9zIQgQY0KgbqazN2Hn7zV_6q3XmpVu0hpK8B2tJDrppvk6lPUKed0RV-OpkO-wYv4sN_xkQaExnJnkS2baSaG0VlenKOF2M5TPw5GJDcgDQY_2CN9lqR-fyLAIwk.5Bot07Dk3JQs-_f8kiubAuEfwJA?width=956&height=448

Comments

• x0Z3ro0xx0Z3ro0x Join Date: 2017-01-25 Member: 227214Members
    Welcome to early access. This has happened to me a few times. Its rather a blessing than anything else bc you dnt have to worry about oxygen. Just swim and scan :)
  • Stitch_GamesStitch_Games Illinois Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218516Members
    oxygen is still problem, it's that there's barely any fragments in the world for me scan. just occasional fragments here and there.
  • x0Z3ro0xx0Z3ro0x Join Date: 2017-01-25 Member: 227214Members
    oxygen is still problem, it's that there's barely any fragments in the world for me scan. just occasional fragments here and there.

Yeah I have never heard of it. I really can't tell you how to fix it if you have already started a new save.
  • kingdoo10kingdoo10 UK Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226989Members
    The worst is when the laser cutter doesn't work properly. I normally choose to search the wrecks with oxygen cheat on until I am actually allowed through the goddam doors lol.

Once it took me 3 batterys to open a door in the Mountains wreck lol.
  • ant_fioant_fio Join Date: 2017-01-26 Member: 227275Members
    edited January 2017
    @kingdoo10 I recently noticed in the changes/checkins that a super awesome dev committed a hopeful fix for the duplicating wrecks issue. If you're on steam and are like so many of us who found the issue to be so demotivating, you'll be excited to know that it's available in the experimental build, which all steam users have access to, to the best of my knowledge. I was so excited to see it in the changelog I immediately started a new game. I even got to play a bit before work this morning. No duplicate wrecks yet, no double doors either. And no crashes.. yet.

Sorry for the derailment - this thread is primarily referring to wrecks failing to load. It is hearsay, but other users have described that saving and loading their games occasionally fixes the issue of wrecks not loading: your mileage may vary.

Fingers crossed. ^_^
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    all else fails do a delete of the cellcache folder in the savedgames folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Subnautica\SNAppData\SavedGames
  • pariah013pariah013 USA Join Date: 2017-02-01 Member: 227493Members
    edited February 2017
    As Requiemfang suggests, deleting your local cache is the best idea in this case. However, if you have built bases that required terraforming or that were pre-update that auto-terraformed, you'll need to get the chunks that they are located in, and save those log and cache files. Below is a really quick tutorial on how to do it. Cheers! ^_^
    PS... Yes, this is an old video. However, the premise still remains the same.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited February 2017
    pariah013 wrote: »
    As Requiemfang suggests, deleting your local cache is the best idea in this case. However, if you have built bases that required terraforming or that were pre-update that auto-terraformed, you'll need to get the chunks that they are located in, and save those log and cache files. Below is a really quick tutorial on how to do it. Cheers! ^_^
    PS... Yes, this is an old video. However, the premise still remains the same.

Requiemfang was suggesting to clear the cellscache, which doesn't contain terrain data, that's in the compiledoctreescache folder (which you also sometimes have to clear)

If you do need to clear the terrain (compiledoctreescache) in your base area (high lag / crashes around the area your base is in, and clearing the cellscache doesn't fix it), you can clear it, and then use
    item 514

to get the terraformer, which will allow you to clear you base out again. It would be a good idea to move your base so that it doesn't clip, and then clear the cache again.
  • GumballthechewyGumballthechewy Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228915Members
    edited March 2017
    I am having this problem, or a similar problem. The wreck in the Dunes and mountains are not showing up so I cleared my both my caches and and they still aren't showing up and there are no fragments in the wrecks that are appearing. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    I am having this problem, or a similar problem. The wreck in the Dunes and mountains are not showing up so I cleared my both my caches and and they still aren't showing up and there are no fragments in the wrecks that are appearing. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

I ran into this in a couple places too, there's no real "fix" I've yet found, even swimming away across the map and returning it still spawns minus fragments and the actual wreck.

The best workaround I've found so far is to use the wiki to figure out what fragments are supposed to be at the wreck, and then use the debug console and spawn in the missing fragments for you to scan.
  • GumballthechewyGumballthechewy Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228915Members
    Silveressa wrote: »

I ran into this in a couple places too, there's no real "fix" I've yet found, even swimming away across the map and returning it still spawns minus fragments and the actual wreck.

The best workaround I've found so far is to use the wiki to figure out what fragments are supposed to be at the wreck, and then use the debug console and spawn in the missing fragments for you to scan.

Okay, thanks. Unfortunate, but that's what alphas are for, right? :P
  • SwizzleSwizzle Join Date: 2017-03-28 Member: 229248Members
    So i to have been having this issue every now and then, One thing i found that loads in the crates at least at the wrecks is using the free-cam in debug console. Open your debug console type "freecam" and then press 1-5 to toggle speed. Fly straight up until your really high then come back down. It will re-render the wreck and hopefully the crates. Sometimes works for the fragments as well. Did not work for fragments for me in the dunes wreck but i did walk away with a butt-load of water :smile: