[Bug] Cyclops goes through walls

Shifter6Shifter6 Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226556Members
I was at the western edge of the map (on the border of the grand and sparse reef), and since it was night I didn't think the black water around me was an issue. When I found the drop off to the void I turned around the ship, only to find a few moments later that I was inside a mountain in the grand reef! I was able to leave just fine, and I continued. I finally got to the sea treader's path, and noticed an odd sight: blood kelp with a ring of cave around them. It turned out I had again phased into the world, and this time my cyclops was trapped inside the blood kelp cave. If anyone else knows what's going on, please help me figure this out.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Shifter6 wrote: »
    I was at the western edge of the map (on the border of the grand and sparse reef), and since it was night I didn't think the black water around me was an issue. When I found the drop off to the void I turned around the ship, only to find a few moments later that I was inside a mountain in the grand reef! I was able to leave just fine, and I continued. I finally got to the sea treader's path, and noticed an odd sight: blood kelp with a ring of cave around them. It turned out I had again phased into the world, and this time my cyclops was trapped inside the blood kelp cave. If anyone else knows what's going on, please help me figure this out.

Seems similar to this issue (he was using time compression at the time)
  • BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
    Hadn't seen that one. My cyclops "falls" whenever I cross the little room between the control room and engineering. I figured it was an old save game issue and started over.
  • Shifter6Shifter6 Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226556Members
    Although this bug video sounds close to the one I described (I'll try to provide images when/if I can) I was able to clip freely in and out of some of the walls...and I could see the terrain outside. I did not have the unfortunate luck of being trapped in a brown box, but thanks a lot for the help!