Two questions, make that three: arftifacts, warpers and deadlines.

FrustratedFrustrated Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223643Members
Can the warper do anything to you if you are inside a base (rather than a vehicle).

There seem to be more uses for the purple artifacts than there are artifacts themselves! Do they respawn?

Is the point where you disable the gun the 'point of no return'? I've seen screenhots, I'm not ready for having the carar where I HAVE to do something about it, I'm still messing about. I don't want to be forced into playing a certain way.

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Don't know if they can, but to mu knowledge they won't. Critters tend to ignore you when you are inside a base.

You can make your own artifacts if you scan one, but unless the new update changed things there should be enough keys for the amount of consoles.

The carar does not affect gameplay. You already have it and figuring that out in-game does not force you to take action asap.
  • Niil945Niil945 Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227321Members
    I started playing a week ago and I found one somewhere. I *think* it was on the floating island. Since then the only ones I'm come across are the ones at the base on the mountain island after the update. I'm also learned a pattern to craft one using ion crystals by scanning a console at the mountain island.
  • FrustratedFrustrated Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223643Members
    Good news about the bases, I might be a bit more daring then.

I've not found that many purple artifacts (floating island & mountain island) but it seems you need them for the gun (x4), and precursor caches... That outstrips my supply, I guess I have to try and make some!

As for the carar, I want to avoid being actively hunted by warpers for as long as possible!
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    I've found 4 Purple Artifact Keys in my playthroughs for the Dec and Jan updates:

1. On the Floating Island, in the MP Room of the middle base where the Lantern Trees are
    2. On the hill just above the Precursor Gun beach entrance, where the walkway to the gun starts
    3. In the cave underwater where the Precursor Gun beach entrance is
    4. Inside the Precursor Gun base, heading up to the Weapon Deactivation Terminal

This of course doesn't count the broken Purple fragment on the beach near the entrance, but it can't be used as a key by itself so I don't count it as one. There's also an Orange Artifact Key in the Deep Grand Reef base but I haven't found a use for it as of yet (This one was originally Blue but it changed at some point).

For the Precursor Gun base, there's only three locks that require the Purple Artifacts, so you'll always have one leftover if you've gotten all of them; I doubt there's a need for any more. Of course there might be other places to use them but I haven't progressed that far in any playthroughs personally to find out.
  • SP_KennySP_Kenny Southpark Join Date: 2017-01-22 Member: 227115Members
    edited February 2017
    I thought I found one in the abandoned base in the deep jelly shroom cave.
    The precursor caches require one to get in.
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    What am I missing? What is a "carar"?
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited January 2017
    MrRoarke wrote: »
    What am I missing? What is a "carar"?
    It's the artificially created disease that the Precursors fabricated and then died from.
    It shows up on the creatures in the game as Yellow spots.
    At some point while living in this ocean, your toon gets infected as well, but it is an aspect of the game that only comes into play when you try to do things around the large gun on the mountain island.
    (I left this description kinda vague on purpose, so as not to completely ruin it for anybody who still hasn't gotten to that point in the story)

B)
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    Ok, cool. I've experienced all that, just didn't realize that's what it was called. Thanks.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    For the Precursor Gun base, there's only three locks that require the Purple Artifacts, so you'll always have one leftover if you've gotten all of them; I doubt there's a need for any more. Of course there might be other places to use them but I haven't progressed that far in any playthroughs personally to find out.

There are at least three-four precursor caches which can be found.

Note that scanning the broken artefact should allow you to counterfeit them.

• AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »

There are at least three-four precursor caches which can be found.

Note that scanning the broken artefact should allow you to counterfeit them.

OK now I just have to stress about ion cubes running out so that I can't make purple artifacts. I've tried and failed to find the the bloodkelp cache even with the co-ords!