New biome idea with a special characteristic

124»

Comments

• SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    friendly bump (working on a sketch)
  • zocardiozocardio Join Date: 2017-01-23 Member: 227132Members
    It's not an underwater lake well technically it "is" but its not called that it has its own name. it's called a brine lake.

• subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    zocardio wrote: »
    It's not an underwater lake well technically it "is" but its not called that it has its own name. it's called a brine lake.

Nice thread necro. I'd actually argue that the original purpose suggested for this biome has since been fulfilled by the DGR as well. Really, any area that has crabsquids.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Swivel wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    So I’ve played the game for a while I noticed that the game did not take long to beat meaning to the point where you’re just waiting for next update due to skill level not very high, also the character relies too heavily on technology to help him survive, which led me to a biome idea.

My idea is that there could be a biome that shuts down anything electrical upon passing the boundary of the biome, this could be due to biome having minerals that produce waves similar effect to an EMP, this means cyclops, sea moth, torch, stasis rifle etc wouldn’t work upon entering the biome, forcing player to navigate by swimming, this encourages player to use their ears more to be alert of their surroundings as they no longer have the protection of cyclops and radar or a stasis rifle to get them out of situations. Obviously the torch wont be working in this biome, so I came up with an idea that there could be a plant only found in that biome that produces light, to give player a way to navigate the terrain.

Also I was thinking that this biome would be rich in minerals i.e. quartz, gold, copper etc to persuade player to go and take a risk in order to get the reward. Also this would be a good opportunity for devs to tease players of an upcoming giant monster i.e. with a roar in the distance the is very unique or a tail or glowing eye in the distance…. Just to peak their curiosity a little bit.

I came with a name for the biome called ‘No Mans Land’

Feel free to suggest anything else!

You mean the flare would be relevant once more? xD
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    So I’ve played the game for a while I noticed that the game did not take long to beat meaning to the point where you’re just waiting for next update due to skill level not very high, also the character relies too heavily on technology to help him survive, which led me to a biome idea.

My idea is that there could be a biome that shuts down anything electrical upon passing the boundary of the biome, this could be due to biome having minerals that produce waves similar effect to an EMP, this means cyclops, sea moth, torch, stasis rifle etc wouldn’t work upon entering the biome, forcing player to navigate by swimming, this encourages player to use their ears more to be alert of their surroundings as they no longer have the protection of cyclops and radar or a stasis rifle to get them out of situations. Obviously the torch wont be working in this biome, so I came up with an idea that there could be a plant only found in that biome that produces light, to give player a way to navigate the terrain.

Also I was thinking that this biome would be rich in minerals i.e. quartz, gold, copper etc to persuade player to go and take a risk in order to get the reward. Also this would be a good opportunity for devs to tease players of an upcoming giant monster i.e. with a roar in the distance the is very unique or a tail or glowing eye in the distance…. Just to peak their curiosity a little bit.

Have you fallen for the necro or did you merely want to say that?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Have you fallen for the necro or did you merely want to say that?

1i91cc.jpg
    via Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Shifter6Shifter6 Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226556Members
    so replace the void in some areas with this new biome? tempting...here's a question, can bases be built in this biome? I think some kind of expensive reinforcement that negates the anti-electronic stuff would make such a place really cool.
    at that depth of the void, wouldnt be fun.
    also: WE WONT LET THIS DIE SWIVEL MY BUDDY!
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Sigmalx wrote: »
    at that depth of the void, wouldnt be fun.

*furiously slams monitor off desk*
    "I SAID NO NECRO POSTING GODDAMIT"
    cb09cb7101d3f9a9e4ffb4c337a111032d436000_hq.jpg
    Why is this necro posting, I'm an original accomplice to the concept.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members

because you added no actual content to the thread. just some random comments about it.
  • DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
    Hey everyone,

actually that is a great idea! probably not torches.. but flare! an electrical rod that use battery that will glow but just the top one and provide a light... and maybe u can upgrade it in modification station to make it brighter but make the battery runs faster... and power effeciency (<--did i spell dat correct) to make the battery runs slower.... or probably a big-creatur-like-leviathan lurking around with some horror music and sound of the enviroment..... owh god..

because you added no actual content to the thread. just some random comments about it.

Technically: we haven't had contact with swivel in a long time, so me and James are kind of piddling. Unsure what's good and what isn't
    I am the ultimate necroposter no but seriously, i wish this could have stuck more, but since the game turned the map into a volcanic crater... its very unlikely that this will be added... unless subnautica devs see this and may through this into the dlc