Have anyone survived aboard the Sunbeam? We could have to rescue someone...

lucashc90lucashc90 Brazil Join Date: 2017-01-05 Member: 226176Members
edited January 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
The way the ship "belly dived" before being shot, the commanding bridge could have survived or ejected. We could be quested to rescue Avery Quinn himself or any other possible survivor of the Sunbeam.

The survivor would creep on our selected base as the settlers from Fallout 4 and help us with some more tecnologies (I mean, the seabases on Subnautica are all as simple as a base can get, its not like the team would need to do any complex AI pathing programming to just make them/he/she be seen once in a while here or there).

Following where subnauticaboy3010's "SideQuests" suggestion eneded, maybe the survivor could offer us a more offensive mean to deal with creatures, since unlike the Aurora (colonial ship, removed weapons for fear of people hurting each other), the Sunbeam was a trading ship, probably equiped with or carrying some kind of weapon. Give us some exploring or testing technology quests, or even ask for some assortment of materials to build base improovments.

What you guys think?

Comments

• HexivaHexiva The Inactive Lava Zone Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219670Members
    I think adding a survivor would be too much work for the devs and be kind of out of line with the "feel" of the game; it is, after all, a game about being abandoned ALONE on an ocean world.

But I do wish there was some salvage, particularly PDAs, from the Sunbeam. I felt like the lack of any messages or information on the Sunbeam post-crash made the whole episode seem to end a little suddenly. Perhaps we could find out that there WAS a survivor from the crash, but the Warpers got him? Or even the Reaper Leviathan?

IS there any kind of wreckage left from the Sunbeam? I looked for it, but I didn't find anything.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Just saying, there was a time not long ago when some vocal pro-gun folk demanded that at minimum the game would give a narrative reason as to why there are no weapons. Then we got the Obraxis Prime story and now pro-gun folk try to work around that story to narratively justify and demand guns anyway. Not fair and bottomline, the devs don't want to encourage an offensive play-style, so even if there's one day Sunbeam wreckage to be found, it won't contain pew-pew fragments either.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    Just saying, there was a time not long ago when some vocal pro-gun folk demanded that at minimum the game would give a narrative reason as to why there are no weapons. Then we got the Obraxis Prime story and now pro-gun folk try to work around that story to narratively justify and demand guns anyway. Not fair and bottomline, the devs don't want to encourage an offensive play-style, so even if there's one day Sunbeam wreckage to be found, it won't contain pew-pew fragments either.

It could contain them but your Alterra fabricator would refuse to fab them.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    I think it should be equipped with weapons but only just different versions of the knife. Or maybe a blueprint for the knife. In the wiki I went to the link for the better DNA chart. The chart also showed other charts and one showed some scraped upgrades but also some upgrades that might make it. Like a 3rd upgrade for the knife
  • HexivaHexiva The Inactive Lava Zone Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219670Members
    I actually really like the idea that there's weapons on board the ship but that your fabricator won't make them. Maybe the scanner itself refuses to accept the blueprint for it; wouldn't want to get people's hopes up too much.

What could a knife upgrade do? Just be more durable?
  • RayVermilionRayVermilion Join Date: 2017-01-15 Member: 226735Members
    Hexiva wrote: »
    I actually really like the idea that there's weapons on board the ship but that your fabricator won't make them. Maybe the scanner itself refuses to accept the blueprint for it; wouldn't want to get people's hopes up too much.

What could a knife upgrade do? Just be more durable?

There already is this update.
    You just have to combine your knife and a diamond
    I know. But @jamintheinfinite_1 was talking about a further upgrade, beyond the diamond knife. Would that be even more durable than the diamond blade, or what?
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    From the table it looks like a poison knife
  • esthareesthare Join Date: 2016-10-26 Member: 223375Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

It could contain them but your Alterra fabricator would refuse to fab them.

Oh yeah ! Please add some super gatlings, mega plasma caster etc, with no models, just the image in the list and the fab do a noise when you try to make it saying "illegal command, cannot engage, please call your local administrator".

Just to troll thoses legions of annoying beings continuously posting "I can't handle my life without a gun ! Too much pressure, going to implode, life got no sense anymore !"

• RobertClaypoolRobertClaypool Camby, IN, USA Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226985Members
    I saw one YouTuber using the stun device to hold one creature in place while another creature attacked it.
    Also, there could be a survivor from the other ship, but he's hostile to you.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Weapons are never absent, I mean, Cain managed alright, didn't he? xP

You can use Propulsion Cannon to chuck gas pods and acid mushrooms and even quartz, and the repulsion cannon works wonders as well.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    No multiplayer
    No co-op
    No Human NPCs