Seaglide Upgrades? [OP or Not?]

EasternMangoEasternMango Philippines Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216084Members
Seaglide POSSIBLE upgrades:
  • Faster speed
  • Brighter light (?)
  • ENERGY EFFICIENCY

Any other possible upgrades/changes?

Comments

• EasternMangoEasternMango Philippines Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216084Members
    Because the seaglide could sometimes be a pain in the back when exploring deep caves then suddenly running out of power
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited January 2017
    Single Tube Torpedo Launcher (Reduces speed)

PowerGlide "Turbo" Boost (Speed triples on right click.)

Built in Oxygen Tank for extra air, or slowed oxygen decrease rate

Small 3x3 Locker

Solar Recharger

One thing I'd like to change but isn't an upgrade is treating the SeaGlide like an actual "Deployable" like the Mobile Vehicle Bay. You have to drop it in the water to then be able to grab onto it and go.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    What about upgrading the map on the back so that it's more detailed and coloured?
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members

One thing I'd like to change but isn't an upgrade is treating the SeaGlide like an actual "Deployable" like the Mobile Vehicle Bay. You have to drop it in the water to then be able to grab onto it and go.

I feel like this would just add time to anyone trying to use the seaglide. What difference/benefits would this feature entail? The seaglide is a DPV, in real life you don't have to drop a DPV before you use it. I feel like there's not really a difference between dropping/equipping other than adding some tedium to using the seaglide.

Sorry if that sounded over aggressive, I just want to know what benefits/immersion this feature would add.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Single Tube Torpedo Launcher (Reduces speed)

PowerGlide "Turbo" Boost (Speed triples on right click.)

Built in Oxygen Tank for extra air, or slowed oxygen decrease rate

Small 3x3 Locker

Solar Recharger

You just want your inventory space back. xD (And I don't blame you!) -- if you did this, you'd need the SeaGlide to have a ping, otherwise it'd get lost in a hurry if you left it to explore, or died.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    ... or died.

Not unless your inventory is secured...?
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    edited January 2017
    Tank slots. 2, perhaps?

They decrease the speed on the Seaglide, but refill YOUR tank while you have it equipped.

Or instead, 2 upgrade slots, kind of like PRAWN arms? Oxy tank, torpedo launcher, whatever.
  • AppalaxisAppalaxis South Africa Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226025Members
    You do realize that the Seaglide is quite a sizable object? Never understood how it could fit into the inventory..where does he put that thing? :o