(Possible Spoilers) Some spawnable items I noticed possible items that might be added in the future?

RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
Noticed these items when looking through the spawnable items list on the wiki.

Vehicle Modification Station

Common Modules -
  1. Metal Sensor
  2. Lithium Sensor
  3. Fragment Sensor

Thoughts on this? I'm going to assume these were sensor upgrades for the Seamoth or even the PRAWN.

Comments

• Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    The in-game description says they work with both the Seamoth and the PRAWN.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    It says it detect and display the location of local Metal/Lithium/Fragments and is compatible for the Seamoth and PRAWN suit. Each of the icons are either SM, SL, or SF. When activated it constantly produces a weird sonar sound and it is a real energy hog, but shows nothing to indicate where the scanned item is like what the Scanner Room does with showing where Metal Salvage, Lithium, Fragments, Wrecks, etc with the Scanner Room HUD chip. The Metal Sensor gives a text message to indicate it found metal, but it spams the message just like when hull integrity is gone. So it might be a portable version of the Scanner Room that is not finished yet. It is a recent addition to the wiki page that was introduced last week. Have no idea when it was added to the Experimental version of the game.

Doubt we would get a Silver Sensor since the only silver detected would be from Large Resource Deposits which is pointless until the PRAWN and Drill Arm are built. A Sandstone Sensor is what we would need for finding silver.
    edited January 2017
    Right now it's obviously pretty bare bones and early in development. They also looks like they're pretty old seeing as they're using the old font on their icons.
    I really hope they keep this in and work on it more rather than just scrapping it, these could be pretty useful.
  • peeper_reaperpeeper_reaper Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223881Members
    These are from the old days before the moonpool they have been replaced by their seamoth and exosuit upgrades
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    Right now it's obviously pretty bare bones and early in development. They also looks like they're pretty old seeing as they're using the old font on their icons.
    I really hope they keep this in and work on it more rather than just scrapping it, these could be pretty useful.

It is not too old if it is mentioning Seamoth and PRAWN suit compatibility. The PRAWN suit wasn't properly named until they created the current design. It was always the Exosuit when it had that blocky placeholder design. If I recall correctly, the PRAWN suit was designed after the Scanner Room and if these upgrades were from before the Scanner Room was in pre-production, then there would have been no mention of PRAWN suit compatibility. The old font might still be used as placeholder text for their icons. After all, it is not something that we are supposed to see. It is more likely that the early development versions of the sensors were just added last week rather than we all somehow miss it for months.

It is possible that the Scanner Room is removing its resource/fragment scanning ability by moving that functionality to the Seamoth and PRAWN suit and moving towards cartography. So instead of selecting which resource signal to look for, we use the camera drones to create a functional map in our PDA. The command for unlocking the Scanner Room blueprint is unlock basemaproom which shows the intended purpose of the Scanner Room or at least its initial intended purpose. The Metal Sensor would be used to detect Limestone, Sandstone, and Metal Large Resource Deposits. The Lithium Sensor, or more accurately the Crystal Sensor, would be used to detect Aluminum Oxide Crystals, Diamonds, Lithium, Magnetite, Quartz, Salt Deposit, Uraninite Crystals, and Crystal Large Resource Deposits. I am not sure how Shale and Basalt would work since they have a metal or crystal resource in them. It would make no sense to make a sensor for each resource available, but limiting it to 3 sensors that search for a type of resource is more realistic.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    If those sensors will replace or integrate with the scanner room:

Detecting metal and fragments would be the same - only metal sensor needed
    Lithium should be replaced by crystals sensor

Additional sensors that make sense:
    • Biosensor - to find organic resources
    • Energysensor - to find radation or other power sources or resources like uranium or ion crystals

You might skip the energy sensor, but the 3 standarts should be: metal, crystal, organic
  • gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
    these were in experimental a long time ago and worked a little bit like the sonar i think,
    i do know they weren't pit into stable but removed
    edited January 2017
    starkaos wrote: »

It is not too old if it is mentioning Seamoth and PRAWN suit compatibility. The PRAWN suit wasn't properly named until they created the current design. It was always the Exosuit when it had that blocky placeholder design. If I recall correctly, the PRAWN suit was designed after the Scanner Room and if these upgrades were from before the Scanner Room was in pre-production, then there would have been no mention of PRAWN suit compatibility. The old font might still be used as placeholder text for their icons. After all, it is not something that we are supposed to see. It is more likely that the early development versions of the sensors were just added last week rather than we all somehow miss it for months.
    Actually these were first added into experimental in 2015 but got removed from the Fabricator menu for some reason, and I guess everyone just forgot about them for a while until I found the spawn command for them last week.
    Here's a video from September 5th, 2015 that shows them in the Fabrication menu.
    starkaos wrote: »

Actually these were first added into experimental in 2015 but got removed from the Fabricator menu for some reason, and I guess everyone just forgot about them for a while until I found the spawn command for them last week.
    Here's a video from September 5th, 2015 that shows them in the Fabrication menu.

It would explain why I never saw them since I came in just after the Farming update. But it does seem odd that it was updated to include PRAWN Suit compatibility since the PRAWN suit was originally the Exosuit in its blocky form and it might have not even existed when that video came out.

It is still a good idea to add these sensors to the Seamoth and PRAWN suit and make the Scanner Room purely for Cartography and scouting. On Experimental, you need to build a miniature base with a Scanner Room and the Scanner Room HUD chip by a wreck to detect the location of all fragments within that wreck. If it is a Seamoth upgrade, then it makes looking for fragments much easier. Although, a hot/cold detection system (pings get faster the closer the Seamoth is to the object) would be interesting, but slightly annoying.
  • AppalaxisAppalaxis South Africa Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226025Members
    Let me leave this here for you