Gear

devon_harrisondevon_harrison Place Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216795Members
Hear are some items I either think they should be in the game or have a problem with

Shock torpedo: sticking with the non lethal mentality a shock torpedo should be added to the game because it hard to hit a lot of thing with the gas torpedo and there are some creatures that are to difficult to deal with when you are not in a vehicle I propose a shock torpedo should electrocute creatures in the surrounding area disabling them for a second and dealing some damage it should be crafted from some titanium and a battery

Stasis arm: same thing as the stasis rifle but for the prawn suit

Accumulator: an item that is build by the habitat builder to add extra power storage should be made from 6 power cells copper wire

Crabsquid: it should be a creature that is on the ground that can jump high otherwise why does it need those legs it would need tenticales

Sandworm: that was an awesome creature and it would be great for the sand dunes biome feeding off of reaper leviathans

Terraformer: don't take it away if you don't want people going straight to the end just put it at the end so that they cant cheat the story line or only allow it in creative mode

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    They are taking the terraformer away primarily because voxel-based terrain (deformable terrain) causes too much performance drain, unfortunately. Maybe someday after v1.0 they will find a way to optimize it enough to make it practical, but until then, it can't be done.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Hear are some items I either think they should be in the game or have a problem with

That does not seem to be a complete thought.

I'm with you on the PRAWN stasis arm and accumulator, though.

The shock torpedo is basically a vortex torpedo...

The other stuff, nah, I disagree, Crabby is fine, the sandworm probably got cut for perfectly good reasons, same for the terraformer.
  • TigerTankSniperTigerTankSniper Join Date: 2016-01-20 Member: 211735Members
    the crabsquid is already in the game
  • BeckysFootSlaveBeckysFootSlave Germany Join Date: 2016-12-27 Member: 225560Members
    Just to mention: the "sandworm" was just a 3d test model!
    1. Wasn't a sandworm, more a bug
    2. IMO ugly as f...

If it would be something like the sandworm from "Dune" (really old movie) that would be awesome!
  • AppalaxisAppalaxis South Africa Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226025Members
    Just to mention: the "sandworm" was just a 3d test model!
    1. Wasn't a sandworm, more a bug
    2. IMO ugly as f...

If it would be something like the sandworm from "Dune" (really old movie) that would be awesome!

The scale of having a sandworm from dune in this game is downright horrific.. Keep those awesome worms where they belong on Arrakis tyvm :)